Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    56,346

    Should Freddie Kitchens be one-and-done?

    It might be an understatement to say that the Browns have been a disappointment this year. At 2-5 they are in 3rd in the AFCN. Beyond that, they are currently 20th in yards per game, 26th in PPG, 23rd in defensive DVOA ranking, 27th in offensive DVOA. Despite having the 3rd leading rusher in the NFL, they are 12th in yards per game. After being a 63.8% passer, with a 2:1 TD:INT ratio, and a 94 RTG last year, Baker is a 57.6% passer, with a 1:2 TD:INT ratio, with a 68 RTG this year. So far they lead in accepted penalties and yards.

    But with all of that being said, they have dealt with injuries in the secondary, their OL has turned into swiss cheese, and lost Njoku at the TE slot.

    So despite some of the roster issues, should Freddie Kitchens be one-and-done as a head coach in Cleveland?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    84,374
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    It might be an understatement to say that the Browns have been a disappointment this year. At 2-5 they are in 3rd in the AFCN. Beyond that, they are currently 20th in yards per game, 26th in PPG, 23rd in defensive DVOA ranking, 27th in offensive DVOA. Despite having the 3rd leading rusher in the NFL, they are 12th in yards per game. After being a 63.8% passer, with a 2:1 TD:INT ratio, and a 94 RTG last year, Baker is a 57.6% passer, with a 1:2 TD:INT ratio, with a 68 RTG this year. So far they lead in accepted penalties and yards.

    But with all of that being said, they have dealt with injuries in the secondary, their OL has turned into swiss cheese, and lost Njoku at the TE slot.

    So despite some of the roster issues, should Freddie Kitchens be one-and-done as a head coach in Cleveland?
    Should he even get the entire one?

    I thought they had enough talent to mask the coaching decision. Egg meet face.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    40,018
    He should be done. Regardless if you thought the team was overrated, they still had plenty of offensive talent. Baker has regressed but hes still super young.

    They need better coaching for sure.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,270
    Part of the hiring was to make Baker happy. Baker likes to go to Battle with his friends. One of his backup QBs was a close high school friend. Freddie Kitchens probably lets him do whatever the **** he wants. With Bakers maturity level and a guy that gets caught up in petty feuds, Im not so sure that was a good thing. But Stains are going to stain.

    I think it was a bad hiring.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,839
    Gase and Kitchens both potentially done after a year. Flores has a lot less to work with but has been criticized for bad coaching as well.
    Dak: 14,998 @ 66.0%, 7.6 per att, 91+21 TD, 36 INT
    Wentz: 12,992 @ 63.4%, 6.9 per att, 90+3 TD, 35 INT



    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    15,593
    Rest of the schedule is very easy so they might still end up with an 8-8 record.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,839
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Rest of the schedule is very easy so they might still end up with an 8-8 record.
    They should beat the Bengals 2x and Miami, but the others should be competitive. Unless they snap out of whatever has been holding them back this year, probably still take the under on 8-8.
    Dak: 14,998 @ 66.0%, 7.6 per att, 91+21 TD, 36 INT
    Wentz: 12,992 @ 63.4%, 6.9 per att, 90+3 TD, 35 INT



    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    56,346
    ESPNs FPI% only gives the Browns a 36% chance against the Steelers and a 12% chance at a season sweep.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    11,057
    He's the perfect example of why you don't promote an inexperienced OC because you're afraid to lose him.

    BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    31,580
    The amount of penalties they make in a game makes me want him fired

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19,195
    Yeah he should be fired.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    136
    Baker talking smack on Danny Jones ain't looking so good at the moment...

    Tear the Browns down and start over again. Character and chemistry matter in the NFL. This team was built for Madden. They're a joke.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,006
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Rest of the schedule is very easy so they might still end up with an 8-8 record.
    This but Kitchens should still be fired.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Coventry RI
    Posts
    3,977
    You switch coaches yesterday and the browns win

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •