Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Look, I love what I am seeing from Wiggins. And I get some of you that have been trying to hold on want to rub this is now. But 11 games, versus 3 straight years of regression, including being one of the worst 30+ mpg player I have ever witnessed last year, should mean that we all need to see this Wiggins for a LOT longer period of time. His shot selection is exponentially better. He isn't turning it over. Our open spacing leaves drives lanes open for him. His handles look better. He is not shying away from physicality when rebounding. His crunch time production is excellent.

But 11 games man. If he is still playing like a top 35 player in March, I will happily get onboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Teague is a horrible defender.
    I'm not disagreeing but he was out our defense got torched. I'm not saying hes s great pg but hes definitely been at least a league average guard. When he was out we just got torched.

Wiggins reminds me of an alcoholic. You want to believe he gets it. If he does we are gold.

No way do you consider trading him. You ride the year out and see if he has it really figured out. If he does the last thing youd want is to watch him torch us for the next 10 years.

I'd give a lot to have Rubio on this team... hes the pass first pg with hustle that would work with our current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    I'm not disagreeing but he was out our defense got torched. I'm not saying hes s great pg but hes definitely been at least a league average guard. When he was out we just got torched.

Wiggins reminds me of an alcoholic. You want to believe he gets it. If he does we are gold.

No way do you consider trading him. You ride the year out and see if he has it really figured out. If he does the last thing youd want is to watch him torch us for the next 10 years.

I'd give a lot to have Rubio on this team... hes the pass first pg with hustle that would work with our current situation.
    He hasn't been league average for us, but that isn't his fault really. He was totally overrated in ATL, but was at least average. Seriously, have you ever seen someone melt when a pick is set on him? And watching him dribble around aimlessly when the clock is low is infuriating haha. All of that being said, no chance on earth he is here by next year, and I would be slightly shocked if he isn't involved in a trade at the deadline.

Yeah man, I want to believe (or hope) Wiggins will sustain. If he does, it completely changes his value, or what we have to offer if we keep him. It's just....3 years of regression and seriously sucking last year that is impossible to get out of my/our minds. If he is still a top 30 statistical player and passes the eye test by game 50, count me in.

Rubio man, have you watched him the last year? He isn't quick enough anymore to be a pest, I want no part of him now. 5 years ago Rubio? Maybe. But with the wide open NBA, you really need a guard, PG or combo, who can get his own easily and distribute. Russell isn't perfect, but if he is available he fits the description. But one thing is for sure-we need shooting badly, and we really need a shot creator.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Look, I love what I am seeing from Wiggins. And I get some of you that have been trying to hold on want to rub this is now. But 11 games, versus 3 straight years of regression, including being one of the worst 30+ mpg player I have ever witnessed last year, should mean that we all need to see this Wiggins for a LOT longer period of time. His shot selection is exponentially better. He isn't turning it over. Our open spacing leaves drives lanes open for him. His handles look better. He is not shying away from physicality when rebounding. His crunch time production is excellent.

But 11 games man. If he is still playing like a top 35 player in March, I will happily get onboard.
    I'm with you Hawk and really it has not been 11 games..Its been about 6 or 7. If he is still doing this in a month or two I will jump on board. Right now he is averaging 0.3 more rebounds than last year and 1 more assist. And the reason for the 1 more assist per game may have something to do with him playing the PG role in Bazz and Teague's absence. Also, Kat is not the only one not getting back as Wiggs loafing against Memphis shot us in the foot. Right now Wiggs is scoring at a much more efficient rate and if he can keep that up it will help us a ton, but I still need to see more.

Right now Teague is the worst defender in our rotation followed by Wiggins and then KAT, but the rest of the guys are playing tough defense at all times. After the Wizards we will get into a meaty part of our schedule that will show us who this team is.

his handles and court vision have been what has impressed me most, as well has his near refusal to take 18 footers with a man on him. I like that he is either looking for the 3, or getting within 10 feet. I wish he would look for contact more though. Imagine if we had this Wiggins, along with the Wig from year 1, when he was a foul drawing machine.
    For me itís the passing. Heís had games where he gets hot and drops 40, but heíd usually have like 2 reb and 2 assists. Heís now showing heís capable of getting 6-8 reb and asst a night along with 25-30. If heís doing hat still 2 months from now, then we can maybe hope he can reach his full potential. But yeah, I donít blame you for not trusting him. Iíve always felt one day he would get it. I hoping he really finally has. One note though, I will say he finally looks like a man with his body. Heís filled out a bit and honestly that could be the difference. Heís always been athletic but he could be pushed around. Iíve seen him dipping his shoulder in to guys on offense and moving them. Thatís problem with guys coming in so young. You get your soul snatched from you by groan men, and it takes a while for you to have the balls to snatch it back.

It's Wiggins. I think, if I am a GM, I trade him if he raises his value and live with it(for another good player like Booker). For me personally, even 50 games will not be enough, however, as I have said before, people mature at different rates and maybe that's all this is. I really want to see how he responds to a really bad night, next time he has one. That will show us if this is a mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by DW3421 View Post
    I'm with you Hawk and really it has not been 11 games..Its been about 6 or 7. If he is still doing this in a month or two I will jump on board. Right now he is averaging 0.3 more rebounds than last year and 1 more assist. And the reason for the 1 more assist per game may have something to do with him playing the PG role in Bazz and Teague's absence. Also, Kat is not the only one not getting back as Wiggs loafing against Memphis shot us in the foot. Right now Wiggs is scoring at a much more efficient rate and if he can keep that up it will help us a ton, but I still need to see more.

Right now Teague is the worst defender in our rotation followed by Wiggins and then KAT, but the rest of the guys are playing tough defense at all times. After the Wizards we will get into a meaty part of our schedule that will show us who this team is.
    he was playing the right way even early on, taking good shots, and rebounding. The shots started falling. The effort and assertiveness, followed by actually being an efficient shot selector, are sustainable, but I just can't put faith in it for quite a bit longer, sorry. But yeah man, glad to see it, and I will continue to wonder what he does when a ball handling playmaker gets here, it worries me to be honest.

KAT and not getting back on defense is pissing me off. Reminds me of Love to a degree, but Towns athleticism is better so he should be better on that end. Period.

Yeah we have some tough defenders individually, and the cohesion should work out better if there is continuity, right now we just need to keep plugging away and wait on a roster balance eventually.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    For me itís the passing. Heís had games where he gets hot and drops 40, but heíd usually have like 2 reb and 2 assists. Heís now showing heís capable of getting 6-8 reb and asst a night along with 25-30. If heís doing hat still 2 months from now, then we can maybe hope he can reach his full potential. But yeah, I donít blame you for not trusting him. Iíve always felt one day he would get it. I hoping he really finally has. One note though, I will say he finally looks like a man with his body. Heís filled out a bit and honestly that could be the difference. Heís always been athletic but he could be pushed around. Iíve seen him dipping his shoulder in to guys on offense and moving them. Thatís problem with guys coming in so young. You get your soul snatched from you by groan men, and it takes a while for you to have the balls to snatch it back.
    yeah dude, I noticed the body/control too. He actually creates leverage off strength now, and if he gets a defender on his hip he can muscle them. I hope he gets his foul draw rate up, but no complaints on him offensively, it just means if he doesn't get more FT's, he will have nights when he is off and does nothing for us. But, love what I see so far. But it's 11 games!

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    It's Wiggins. I think, if I am a GM, I trade him if he raises his value and live with it(for another good player like Booker). For me personally, even 50 games will not be enough, however, as I have said before, people mature at different rates and maybe that's all this is. I really want to see how he responds to a really bad night, next time he has one. That will show us if this is a mirage.
    exactly how I feel. I still want to trade him

I agree with Hawk and Oefarmy. The moment you get a proper deal in, you trade him.
    And it has to do with the vision of this team moving forward.
    Like Hawk said, if we acquire the PG we want (Russell type) immediately Wiggins will probably regress. Because now we force feed him the ball to keep him engaged. If that doesn't happen we go back to aloof Wiggins.
    I've been racking my brain to find solutions. I even thought of playing with no PG and have Wig and Culver in to handle the ball. But it's no use.
    Towns has the misconception of most young men. Being angry does not make you a man or a leader. Too bad because he had 2 excellent role models next to him in Rubio and Covington. But he chose the KG model

You know what? I've been thinking a similar thing. And I am looking at myself and all the bas habbits I have been working on in my life (thank God not drinking).
    The only way is keep at it until it's normal. If that makes sense

I posted this in the other thread, but I'll move it here instead and modify that one, as we have been discussing Wiggins in here mostly. Here is a great article breaking down Andrew's efficiency numbers through 11 games, and it's not all rosy.
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ndrew-wiggins/

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Great team win tonight against the jazz. We must need a few more shooters

Great team win tonight against the jazz. We must need a few more shooters
    KAT was an absolute monster down the stretch!

Has anyone heard WTF is up with Wiggins missing games? I heard something about his grandmother passing, but now he is listed with an illness. This is getting weird.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast