Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    yeah our defense is putrid, but that is to be expected of a high pace team to some degree. The thing that bothers me is, if you don't have players willing to commit to getting back in transition, you may as well not even try that high pace. Or, send 4 back and 1 offensive rebounder, etc. Wiggins offensive output has been nice to see, but will it sustain? Will he just sit around and do nothing when we trade for a ball handling play maker (we will do this at some point)? His transition defensive effort is just as bad as Towns, and with the exception of Okogie/Cov/Graham, nobody even tries to get back consistently, or put themselves in the proper position defensively.

The worst part? Our defense is better than our offense right now. I don't think you give the ENTIRE TEAM the green light from deep, when you have like 1-2 shooters on the entire roster.

Without upgrading our shooting/playmaking, this team will struggle to see 35-38 wins, for sure. But, there is a huge amount of time to balance out the roster, and that includes next summer as well. Rosas can only do so much with a salary cap strapped roster quickly, but his front office and staff additions are all a step in the right direction.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Is our D that bad for the rythm we are playing?

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    Is our D that bad for the rythm we are playing?
    yep, our rating is being helped by the fact other teams aren't hitting their FTs, and we are forcing a ton of turnovers so far, which won't be sustained. We are near last in the league in 3% allowed because we lose guys constantly in transition and on rotation, and our defensive stats to date, positive wise, have been attained against poor teams.

We are playing physical, but I am not sure we have the pedigree to play a track meet, which is what we are trying to do. But, we also don't want to be stuck in a half court scenario all night, where our shooting and lack of dribble playmaking will be exposed. All in all, not a bad start considering, but we have some balance issues that need to be addressed badly.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Looks like Wigg is pulling the Olidipo. Hes getting rebounds an assists. The assists part is big pea use hes forcing less hard shots and passing instead and it helps his fg%

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    yep, our rating is being helped by the fact other teams aren't hitting their FTs, and we are forcing a ton of turnovers so far, which won't be sustained. We are near last in the league in 3% allowed because we lose guys constantly in transition and on rotation, and our defensive stats to date, positive wise, have been attained against poor teams.

We are playing physical, but I am not sure we have the pedigree to play a track meet, which is what we are trying to do. But, we also don't want to be stuck in a half court scenario all night, where our shooting and lack of dribble playmaking will be exposed. All in all, not a bad start considering, but we have some balance issues that need to be addressed badly.
    My thoughts are that for the first time in ages players are engaged in D. They are not the best at it but they are engaged
    And damn for a team who has only 2 legitimate players we are taking results and playing like a team. The thing is if we can keep this going.
    Also, Wiggins stop teasing me....

Hawk should we have some fun with wiggins? If he wins mip you need to use him in your signature until the start of the following season? If you win you get to pick what I or a few of us do?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post

Hawk, I feel like you are not watching the game. The opponent 3% percentage is high because they have flat out been knocking down contested shots. The Wolves are top 5-8 at actually being in the position to defend the 3(by cleaningtheglass I believe). The transition D mostly suffers because KAT complains too much about every fn nocall. With all do respect, but as someone that for the first time in gosh, 5-6 years, have watched all 11 games, you vastly underrate our D by boxscore watching. The Wolves have legitimately been above average on D regardless what opponent FG% shows.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

My thoughts are that for the first time in ages players are engaged in D. They are not the best at it but they are engaged
    And damn for a team who has only 2 legitimate players we are taking results and playing like a team. The thing is if we can keep this going.
    Haha, yep, that's how I feel. I have no idea where this passing came from, he has been legitimately good at finding open guys. Hell if we had better shooting he would have 9-10 assists yesterday as a couple guys missed wide open shots.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Looks like Wigg is pulling the Olidipo. Hes getting rebounds an assists. The assists part is big pea use hes forcing less hard shots and passing instead and it helps his fg%
    yep and it's been 11 games. And like I said, when we add a high usage playmaker (we will), does Wiggins sulk in the corner like he did with Butler, or does he take a different role and embrace it?

He has 5 years of evidence, plus his youth scouting against him. He has a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG ways to go to prove he is a different player. And really, all I hope he does is improve his trade value a ton so we can get a nice return. He has already burned his bridge with me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    Hawk should we have some fun with wiggins? If he wins mip you need to use him in your signature until the start of the following season? If you win you get to pick what I or a few of us do?
    I don't do sig bets man. Never have. Like I said, 11 games. Do I hope he succeeds? Yep, cause it helps us one way or another. But 11 games man......and I will keep bringing it up. When we trade for a high usage playmaker, does Wiggins sit in the corner doing nothing? Or does he embrace a new role? Because the only time he ever plays hard is with the ball in his hands.

you are right man, engaged is the great thing. They get themselves out of position constantly, but they are trying (most of them). It's not easy to build defensive cohesiveness, especially in transition. That is why a team needs to decide their defensive identity and never waver. We have yet to decide that, but partially because we are probably spending so much time on offense.

Team looks brighter than I thought it would, but we are still way out of balance, and need ballhandlers who can create shots, and shooters, in the worst way.

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Hawk, I feel like you are not watching the game. The opponent 3% percentage is high because they have flat out been knocking down contested shots. The Wolves are top 5-8 at actually being in the position to defend the 3(by cleaningtheglass I believe). The transition D mostly suffers because KAT complains too much about every fn nocall. With all do respect, but as someone that for the first time in gosh, 5-6 years, have watched all 11 games, you vastly underrate our D by boxscore watching. The Wolves have legitimately been above average on D regardless what opponent FG% shows.
    I have been in an out of games. Transition is all about not letting the setup happen, once an NBA player in this day catches and gets into motion, your contest is nothing but a cute gesture.

KAT is so disappointing so far for me. Stop shooting so many ****ing 3s and get in the post more. Get back on defense, and stop complaining.
    Last edited by Hawkeye15; 11-14-2019 at 11:16 AM.

Haha, yep, that's how I feel. I have no idea where this passing came from, he has been legitimately good at finding open guys. Hell if we had better shooting he would have 9-10 assists yesterday as a couple guys missed wide open shots.
    his handles and court vision have been what has impressed me most, as well has his near refusal to take 18 footers with a man on him. I like that he is either looking for the 3, or getting within 10 feet. I wish he would look for contact more though. Imagine if we had this Wiggins, along with the Wig from year 1, when he was a foul drawing machine.

I agree. Our defensive rotations really aren't bad. Our biggest thing is our PG defense. When Teague was out we got scorched two games in a row. I love Culver but he stands up too straight on defense and isnt really adapted to the nba speed of the game yet. Our hustle on defense is there our rotations are ok. We need to rebound better against big teams like the 76ers.

We are on pace to win 50 games. If we win even 40 to 45 I think this years a success.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    I agree. Our defensive rotations really aren't bad. Our biggest thing is our PG defense. When Teague was out we got scorched two games in a row. I love Culver but he stands up too straight on defense and isnt really adapted to the nba speed of the game yet. Our hustle on defense is there our rotations are ok. We need to rebound better against big teams like the 76ers.

We are on pace to win 50 games. If we win even 40 to 45 I think this years a success.
    Teague is a horrible defender.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast