Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    You guys don't get my point. I don't think we'd sustain it, nor do I think we are a good enough team even with Towns, I was just surprised, that's all. We flat out dominated them from the first whistle. What is encouraging is we play harder this year(at least for now) and that's good to see.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    You guys don't get my point. I don't think we'd sustain it, nor do I think we are a good enough team even with Towns, I was just surprised, that's all. We flat out dominated them from the first whistle. What is encouraging is we play harder this year(at least for now) and that's good to see.
    Yes it was a pleasant surprise. On the other hand I was thinking that after about game 30 teams will know how we play

Yeah it's kinda fun when that happens. Team just blows up minus our star haha.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

If anybody didn't watch, last nights game(a blowout) was much closer than it looks. We were actually pretty good defensively for 3-3.5 quarters I'd say, we just couldn't get a bucket at the worst possible time. At one point, mid-third quarter we were getting stops and with a couple of shots could have been down sub-10, but instead we missed everything and Devincenzo(I don't really care how his name is spelled) drained back-to-back treys on Culver who was literally draped all over him on the second 3. We lack shooting in a big way, but the effort is definitely there this year, at least so far.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

If anybody didn't watch, last nights game(a blowout) was much closer than it looks. We were actually pretty good defensively for 3-3.5 quarters I'd say, we just couldn't get a bucket at the worst possible time. At one point, mid-third quarter we were getting stops and with a couple of shots could have been down sub-10, but instead we missed everything and Devincenzo(I don't really care how his name is spelled) drained back-to-back treys on Culver who was literally draped all over him on the second 3. We lack shooting in a big way, but the effort is definitely there this year, at least so far.
    Surely you meant 2 to 2.5 quarters, but other wise I agree. This team plays hard but just lacks talent. The NFL is all about the head coach, the MLB is all about the GM, but the NBA is all about the players.

You could argue the GM plays a significant role.

Quote Originally Posted by DW3421 View Post
    Surely you meant 2 to 2.5 quarters, but other wise I agree. This team plays hard but just lacks talent. The NFL is all about the head coach, the MLB is all about the GM, but the NBA is all about the players.
    Yeah, I meant 2.5 quarters. I didn't watch the 4th hardly.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    You could argue the GM plays a significant role.
    The GM, the coach both play significant roles.

1st half was a pleasant surprise. If we can play well defensively, we can compete with anyone. But, when a string of stops isn't happening against a good team, we can't keep up offensively, as we saw.

The effort is there, Rosas clearly got some guys who will play HARD. We just lack talent, period. We have an overload of wings with overlapping skillsets, no good guard play, and no shooting. I expect Rosas to balance it out within the year, or at least moving in that direction.

Is it just me, or is Giannis kinda a complete whiny baby most the time? I am not the biggest fan of his.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

That was an embarrassing loss IMO. Towns, if he thinks he is all that, he can't let his team lose to Memphis, especially considering the game was tied late. This is a game he had to take over. Wiggins was awful defensively. The Refs have it in for us this year. Our guys drive to the hoop a ton and don't get the calls - at all.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

That was an embarrassing loss IMO. Towns, if he thinks he is all that, he can't let his team lose to Memphis, especially considering the game was tied late. This is a game he had to take over. Wiggins was awful defensively. The Refs have it in for us this year. Our guys drive to the hoop a ton and don't get the calls - at all.
    I watched the 1st half, and while mobile bigs usually give Towns some issues, he can't just force it like he was. You are right, truly great players don't let their teams lose to terrible teams.

Wiggins getting back on defense makes me laugh. Hell, outside Cov/Okogie/Bell, nobody on this team gets back. Its embarrassing. Same old Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I watched the 1st half, and while mobile bigs usually give Towns some issues, he can't just force it like he was. You are right, truly great players don't let their teams lose to terrible teams.

Wiggins getting back on defense makes me laugh. Hell, outside Cov/Okogie/Bell, nobody on this team gets back. Its embarrassing. Same old Wolves
    I would add Vonleh to that list, and probably Culver.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Did someone watch the game? Did Towns seem subpar for his standards again?
    Wiggins seemed focused and he has put in a string of good games. Let's see how long it will last.

Wiggins seemed focused and he has put in a string of good games. Let's see how long it will last.
    Wiggins and our overall effort as a team has been amazing. Forcing that jump ball towards the end of the game was huge. Wiggins has been ridiculous down the stretch of games. If we continue to put in this type of effort this team will overachieve. So far we have won games we are suppose to win(minus memphis) and beat a few teams we really should not have. So far the overall effort and energy for this team might lead us to sneak into the playoffs.

We had a big turnover issues that was frustrating to watch and GS offensive system is just superior in X's and O's. That leads to GS being a harder out then they appear. They did beat Portland pretty handily a couple nights back. They aren't exactly the role over and die team there record seems to indicate so far.

Yes it was an off game for towns all around, some of Russell's scoring was him staying so deep on d and not contesting. He also had some foul trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast