Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    I couldn't help but thinking "what if" about Russell signing here during the game. Seems kinda like the exact piece we need right now as a playmaking guard to go with Towns/this new hustle and effort type team. Would have been great but even more than that we should keep an eye on the trade market as Hawk was getting at earlier.

The team tries hard, is rotating on D even if soft at times, is playing modern ball spacing the floor out and attacking while hoisting up 3's. It is pretty fun to watch imo compared to past years, I have been adamant that the gm/style was holding us back since Thibs got here and put Rubio in the corner, I think that is changed. Really like the type of guys Rosas brought in after missing on his big swing.

I still think we probably miss the playoffs but there is enough here to keep me interested this season still. I am a fan of the changes this offseason and I will just end by saying... Nah I will wait. Keep it up Wiggins and I might have a kind word or two lol.

Thank you guys.
    I am keeping my hopes down. I just don't want to be disappointed
    Culver seems to adapting to a first/second ball handler role

Wow, that was some grit right there. They were down 90-74 and scored 16 unanswered to force overtime. The Wolves lost in OT due to a ridiculous shot by Jokic(where he was also fouled by Towns which was not called). Overall, phenomenal D down the stretch, but we can't win games when we go 6-45 from the 3pt line and our best 3pt shooter goes 3-14. However, what is good is the threes we take are usually wide open. The Wolves really need a better shooting coach ffs.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

I mean shooting coaches can't do miracles. I was looking at the stats and this popped out to me too.
    That and the fact that the only players from the bench that scored were Okogie and Layman.

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    I mean shooting coaches can't do miracles. I was looking at the stats and this popped out to me too.
    That and the fact that the only players from the bench that scored were Okogie and Layman.
    The other guys from the bench(Vonleh, Dieng, McLovin(that's what I call him)) only played like 8 minutes total in a couple of 4 minute stints. It's pretty hard to get going in those minutes. Bell is still not seeing the floor, which I just don't understand.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

or maybe we don't give the green light to the entire roster, full of guys who have never been able to shoot?

I like the modern approach, seriously. Rosas has done what he can so far. The next step, is trading away some of the players that don't fit, and bringing in guys that do. We did this to ourselves, bringing in a ton of non shooters, non ball handlers, etc.

This team needs to:

Trade for a ball handling shot creator
    Get some more depth up front
    Trade Wiggins to rid us of the responsibility of trying to force him into a role he can't do
    Keep adding cheap talent with analytical benefits

I would trade Covington, Teague, and a conditional 1st for Russell, and make it a monster priority to sign nothing but shooters/defenders this offseason. In the draft, add size.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    The other guys from the bench(Vonleh, Dieng, McLovin(that's what I call him)) only played like 8 minutes total in a couple of 4 minute stints. It's pretty hard to get going in those minutes. Bell is still not seeing the floor, which I just don't understand.
    I don't know much about Bell, but his report says he is a bouncy defender, which is something we could use up front. So not sure why he can't get some burn either?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I can't decide if Jokic reminds me more of a melting Fudgesicle or Patrick from Sponge Bob. He's a great player but he needs a personal trainer if he's going to reach his ceiling.

Well, apparently the refs missed a call at the end of OT that would have sent Okogie to the line for 3 free throws. I have that stupid 2-minute report when there is no compensation for blown game deciding calls. I'd rather just not know and now that loss stings even more.

Well, apparently the refs missed a call at the end of OT that would have sent Okogie to the line for 3 free throws. I have that stupid 2-minute report when there is no compensation for blown game deciding calls. I'd rather just not know and now that loss stings even more.
    Then don't read it like I don't. I feel the same way

I didn't seek it out, I was looking for some Wolves news and it was the headline on Hoopshype, or something like that.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

I didn't seek it out, I was looking for some Wolves news and it was the headline on Hoopshype, or something like that.
    Haha yep that is annoying.

Wiggins keeps this up for the season and I will leave him alone. But 10 games is just cute.

Who is this Wiggins character and where did he come from? He is currently playing like a Top 25-30 player in the league and I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far early in the season. Maybe Ryan has figured out a way to tap into Andrew's potential and his desire to compete. I guess we'll see if it's sustainable for an entire season.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    Who is this Wiggins character and where did he come from? He is currently playing like a Top 25-30 player in the league and I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far early in the season. Maybe Ryan has figured out a way to tap into Andrew's potential and his desire to compete. I guess we'll see if it's sustainable for an entire season.
    C'mon man, this is Wiggins! He will inevitably disappear, however, it's good to see he has actually worked on his game this offseason.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    Wiggins and our overall effort as a team has been amazing. Forcing that jump ball towards the end of the game was huge. Wiggins has been ridiculous down the stretch of games. If we continue to put in this type of effort this team will overachieve. So far we have won games we are suppose to win(minus memphis) and beat a few teams we really should not have. So far the overall effort and energy for this team might lead us to sneak into the playoffs.

We had a big turnover issues that was frustrating to watch and GS offensive system is just superior in X's and O's. That leads to GS being a harder out then they appear. They did beat Portland pretty handily a couple nights back. They aren't exactly the role over and die team there record seems to indicate so far.
    What teams did we beat that we should not have? So far we have beat the Hornets, Warriors, Nets, Wizards, Pistons and the Heat without Butler...All below .500 teams besides the Heat who again, were without Butler. I'm not trying to be negative, but it is what it is. Our loses came to the Bucks, 76ers, Nuggets and Memphis. Right now we are beating the teams we are supposed to besides Memphis, but our next 13 games will tell us a lot as 10 of them are against teams with winning records.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast