Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

October/November game thread

Nice win against the Nets tonight. Kyrie was absurd. I've always considered him more talented than good...maybe he's found a happy place for him in Brooklyn now.

Wiggins was his typical self until the 4th quarter. Bad game from him, but was huge in crunch time.

Graham was cool, but I don't understand why his role isn't switched with Okogie.

Speaking of Okogie, Ryan gets some credit for that situation sub to put Okogie on Kyrie...but, why did he not think of doing that the whole game?

KAT once again proving why he is the star of this team proving why the offense should run through him...36 points, 14 rebounds...one of the best big men in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    KAT once again proving why he is the star of this team proving why the offense should run through him...36 points, 14 rebounds...one of the best big men in the league
    Yeah, unfortunately, there are at least 3 big men I would take over him so he still has his work cut out for him.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Nice win against the Nets tonight. Kyrie was absurd. I've always considered him more talented than good...maybe he's found a happy place for him in Brooklyn now.

Wiggins was his typical self until the 4th quarter. Bad game from him, but was huge in crunch time.

Graham was cool, but I don't understand why his role isn't switched with Okogie.

Speaking of Okogie, Ryan gets some credit for that situation sub to put Okogie on Kyrie...but, why did he not think of doing that the whole game?
    I think the whole point is balance. Having guys like Culver, Okogie, Layman, Vonleh, Bell, Napier of the bench makes us pretty deep. I think that this season will likely go this way in most games: our starters tread water and our bench actually wins us games.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately, there are at least 3 big men I would take over him so he still has his work cut out for him.
    Who would that be? Embiid is injured constantly. Jokic I could give you but his defense is weaker.

Wiggins in the fourth quarter reminded me of why I have a love hate relationship with him. Going to the rim I literally said holy **** hes athletic. Then with the wolves clinging on to the lead barley he Jack's up an early shot clock contested mid range jumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    Who would that be? Embiid is injured constantly. Jokic I could give you but his defense is weaker.

Wiggins in the fourth quarter reminded me of why I have a love hate relationship with him. Going to the rim I literally said holy **** hes athletic. Then with the wolves clinging on to the lead barley he Jack's up an early shot clock contested mid range jumper.
    If healthy, Embiid, Jokic and AD are better than Towns. Now, Giannis should be considered a big man, and if he is on this list, he is #1 by a huge margin. If Towns improves his defense a bit, I expect him to get all the way to the number 2 spot in the next year or two.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

If Wiggins just stopped shooting jump shots and only took it to the rim...

Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post

I donít think Iíd trade KAT for anyone...AD maybe but Prob not

We are finally playing a style I think many have been calling for.

Culver has been a little disappointing but it is so early and he has been limited in time. Wiggins is wiggins. Other than that mostly positive things to say after only 2 games.

Okogie has impressed me and while I am not sure on starting Graham has been solid too as a nice surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    We are finally playing a style I think many have been calling for.

Culver has been a little disappointing but it is so early and he has been limited in time. Wiggins is wiggins. Other than that mostly positive things to say after only 2 games.

Okogie has impressed me and while I am not sure on starting Graham has been solid too as a nice surprise.
    If you would have watched the preseason you wouldn't have been surprised. I seriously thought that Graham was a throw-in scrub in that KD trade, but the guy is actually a superb 3 and D guy. Can't have too many of those in the modern NBA.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

If you would have watched the preseason you wouldn't have been surprised. I seriously thought that Graham was a throw-in scrub in that KD trade, but the guy is actually a superb 3 and D guy. Can't have too many of those in the modern NBA.

I have really liked Graham. In all honesty I didnt know who the hell he was when I was watching the game vs the nets. After watching him I think he could be one of our top 3 players on the court.

I hate watching Teague play. He is like watching paint dry. He does play smart but he excels at literally nothing. We need a better starting PG.

I like our team that we have multiple defenders and some decent shooters. My biggest fear is that when towns has an off night this offense could stall out pretty easily. Or in the playoffs if we make it that far good teams might contain towns like the rockets did a couple years ago.

I wouldnt trade towns for a single player so far this year he has been VERY impressive.

I don't overly trust preseason anyways but he was out for part of it (and I missed GS game) so he had like 50 minutes total so wasn't really sure what we actually had in him (shooting 50% from 3 when he is a career 36% for example seems due to sample).

I still am not sure he is a starter but he seems like a capable role player if he works on offense just a little. If that 3 ball falls closer to a preseason rate then we got a decent piece here.

Timberwolves are 2-0 so far

Some remarks from the highlights I watched.

1. What a luxury to have two 3&D players and Okogie on the team. Even if Graham is a role player, RoCo is still recovering from his injury and Okogie is still playing out of control some times.

2. That said, because I watch only highlights, I can not realize if our D has improved. From what I understand the frontcourt is ok but we are being torched by whomever Teague marks

3. Can KAT keep this up for the whole season? I actually doubt it but I hope other players step up.

4. We will live and die by our 3point percentage. At least we are playing a more modern style of basketball

5. I am looking and hoping for the development of Culver and Okogie. If those two step up the moves we have to do moving forward will be: Getting rid of Teague, Wiggins and G's contact. Then to either find a PG or if Culver transitions to that role a forward to complete the puzzle. Easier said than done, I know

P.S1 There's been some effort from Wiggins. He is still underperforming (especially considering his contact) and it won't last.

P.S2 I want RoCo to retire here and become a staff member.

P.S3 I don't mind Culver's start.

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    Some remarks from the highlights I watched.

1. What a luxury to have two 3&D players and Okogie on the team. Even if Graham is a role player, RoCo is still recovering from his injury and Okogie is still playing out of control some times.

2. That said, because I watch only highlights, I can not realize if our D has improved. From what I understand the frontcourt is ok but we are being torched by whomever Teague marks

3. Can KAT keep this up for the whole season? I actually doubt it but I hope other players step up.

4. We will live and die by our 3point percentage. At least we are playing a more modern style of basketball

5. I am looking and hoping for the development of Culver and Okogie. If those two step up the moves we have to do moving forward will be: Getting rid of Teague, Wiggins and G's contact. Then to either find a PG or if Culver transitions to that role a forward to complete the puzzle. Easier said than done, I know

P.S1 There's been some effort from Wiggins. He is still underperforming (especially considering his contact) and it won't last.

P.S2 I want RoCo to retire here and become a staff member.

P.S3 I don't mind Culver's start.
    2. Yes Kyrie torched us and even Cha pg's went off a bit but otherwise the defense does look improved/seem like we are trying to play as a team. There was a time when people were just flying chaoticly trying to recover for the last person that had to leave their man to help and Jim Peterson said like "what is going on" and I couldn't help but think at least they aren't just standing around watching an easy bucket.

4. We are 22nd in the league right now in 3pt % according to bball reference and are taking 3rd most attempts per game. I think moving modern helps the offense flow even if we aren't shooting the 3 great % wise at like 31% right now.

5. Agreed. Okogie has impressed and Culver has just been limited really haven't seen much but at least seems solid on D. Hopefully we see development in young players with this new approach/staff/style as well and these two benefit a lot.

Also Teague/Wiggins/Dieng all can definitely go, who knows if we will be a team looking to make moves or not but I think this FO will always be ready if it helps our long term view.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast