Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    The effort was not there last night. Saunders even addressed it in the postgame. Really, the 2 games vs Memphis were easily our worst effort-wise.

Did we run out of gas? Teams learned how to face us, we are getting lazy and overconfident?

At least Wiggins has taken a few steps up. Hes definitely better and smarter. He may make the all star team this year. His numbers are equivalent to Bookers stats offensively and they both look like they will crack the all star list this year.

Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    Did we run out of gas? Teams learned how to face us, we are getting lazy and overconfident?
    Watching the games it's been pretty clear. We win games when we have a dominant secondary score and lose when no one steps up. We live by towns production which masks how terrible we are at 3 point shots. Our defense is ok but we dont run we let the defense get set and take a volume of 3s that are team isnt equipped to make. Graham hasn't played well after a decent start, wiggins has come back to realty, Culver shouldnt be starting, and teague is the least aggressive scoring pg iv ever seen. He can shoot but he would rather inflate his assist stats and make passes that really dont help our team

We are honestly about a 30 to 35 win team that could overachieve a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    Watching the games it's been pretty clear. We win games when we have a dominant secondary score and lose when no one steps up. We live by towns production which masks how terrible we are at 3 point shots. Our defense is ok but we dont run we let the defense get set and take a volume of 3s that are team isnt equipped to make. Graham hasn't played well after a decent start, wiggins has come back to realty, Culver shouldnt be starting, and teague is the least aggressive scoring pg iv ever seen. He can shoot but he would rather inflate his assist stats and make passes that really dont help our team

We are honestly about a 30 to 35 win team that could overachieve a bit.
    Exactly, that's why we really need to make some moves. Russell would be a good start. Towns playing like a scrub the last few games didn't help either and Wiggins has been back to his old "score and nothing else" self. At least Culver, Okogie and KBD are getting minutes.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    At least Wiggins has taken a few steps up. Hes definitely better and smarter. He may make the all star team this year. His numbers are equivalent to Bookers stats offensively and they both look like they will crack the all star list this year.
    Their numbers are not equatable.

Quote Originally Posted by DW3421 View Post
    Their numbers are not equatable.
    True, and we also need to make some change to our starting lineup its just not working.

Starters
    Teague
    Okogie
    Wiggins
    Covington
    Towms

Then we can run Graham and Culver off the bench. Culver can lead the second unit for scoring. Hell I'd even give Bates-diop a shot at starting. Our current iteration is not working.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Wiggins numbers are not even close to "equivalent" to Booker's.

I have a better chance of getting laid by Gigi Hadid than of Wiggins making the All Star team.

I just hope he can improve his game to a point where his contract can be unloaded without having to add assets and picks just to get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolves88 View Post
    True, and we also need to make some change to our starting lineup its just not working.

Starters
    Teague
    Okogie
    Wiggins
    Covington
    Towms

Then we can run Graham and Culver off the bench. Culver can lead the second unit for scoring. Hell I'd even give Bates-diop a shot at starting. Our current iteration is not working.
    I agree. The problem is, Wiggins and Teague in the same lineup doesn't work because Wiggins becomes disengaged if he is not running the show. I would say I prefer what we had out there before. I also don't understand Vonleh not seeing ANY floor time anymore.
    I'd go with this:
    Towns
    Bell
    Roco
    Graham
    Wiggins

With:
    Dieng
    Vonleh/KBD
    Okogie
    Culver
    Napier/Teague

I think that is much more balanced. We were winning games at the beginning of the year because our bench would routinely outplay the opposing bench. TBH, if you want a traditional PG in the starting lineup, I would throw Napier in there, because unlike Teague, he is actually willing to take an open 3pt shot. I absolutely loath Tuegue. The guy routinely passes up WIDE OPEN 3pt jump shots for a heavily contested floater int he lane over 2-3 defenders.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Quote Originally Posted by SF8 View Post
    Wiggins numbers are not even close to "equivalent" to Booker's.

I have a better chance of getting laid by Gigi Hadid than of Wiggins making the All Star team.

I just hope he can improve his game to a point where his contract can be unloaded without having to add assets and picks just to get rid of it.
    I don't know why you bothered replying to that. As you can see, we don't bother replying to IKH at this point.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Let's be honest with ourselves. The best case scenario is as SF8 said that Wiggins plays decently so that we can trade him. There is no future scenario where we do good and he is still at the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I agree. The problem is, Wiggins and Teague in the same lineup doesn't work because Wiggins becomes disengaged if he is not running the show. I would say I prefer what we had out there before. I also don't understand Vonleh not seeing ANY floor time anymore.
    I'd go with this:
    Towns
    Bell
    Roco
    Graham
    Wiggins

With:
    Dieng
    Vonleh/KBD
    Okogie
    Culver
    Napier/Teague

I think that is much more balanced. We were winning games at the beginning of the year because our bench would routinely outplay the opposing bench. TBH, if you want a traditional PG in the starting lineup, I would throw Napier in there, because unlike Teague, he is actually willing to take an open 3pt shot. I absolutely loath Tuegue. The guy routinely passes up WIDE OPEN 3pt jump shots for a heavily contested floater int he lane over 2-3 defenders.
    We were winning games at the beginning of the season because we played the 5th easiest schedule in the league through the first 20 games. I'll say it again, this league is about talent and that is something we are seriously lacking.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910