Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NFL TRADE DEADLINE is 4 p.m. ET on Tuesday, Oct. 29 - What will we do?

The NFL trade deadline is 4 p.m. ET on Tuesday, Oct. 29.

Lets be honest, Bill Callahan is not the coach of the future. A smart organization would trade older assets to teams looking to win now and appeal to the new regime with a ton of draft picks to work with. Obviously, this organization is a dumpster fire so I'm not expecting much, but here's what I'm hoping for.

Trade any veteran asset that we can get value for in terms of draft picks or young talent. Move on from veterans like:
    • Trent Williams
    • Ryan Kerrigan
    • Josh Norman
    • Adrian Peterson
    • Chris Thompson
    • Case Keenum
    • Paul Richardson Jr.
    • Vernon Davis
    • Donald Penn
    • Morgan Moses
    • Colt McCoy
    • I don't think we can trade them, but find a way to move on from the contracts of Jordan Reed & Alex Smith.

Give young guys a chance to get playing time. Worst case we lose the rest of our games and get the top pick. Best case we find some young talent to build around and still get a pretty high draft pick.

If I'm a respectable coach I'm avoiding this team based on the terrible GM and ownership, but maybe we can appeal to someones optimism with some young talent, cap flexibility, and a ton of draft picks? Let's go make some moves!

The problem is if you trade all of these guys, you have to replace them. If you eventually plan to put Haskins in and try to measure his development, you can absolutely trade a couple of players. But, you can't gut the entire team by trading over 10 players and pulling guys off the street or other practice squads to play meaningful snaps

And if you look at the division race, you can probably guess that Allen and Snyder think they are still in it.

So going with my first statement, I would personally move Williams, Kerrigan, one of the QBs and maybe Paul Richardson. That's it.

I still think the Redskins do nothing because they think they are still in the division race or whatever.

Any coach who has options will avoid the Redskins. It will be an older retread like Wade Phillips or Todd Bowles who get the job here, as they will be a puppet for Allen and Snyder.

Also, unless Smith and Reed retire or agree to injury buyouts, we are stuck with them unless we release them. It wouldn't be a whole lot of deferred money for Reed, but Smith's dead cap hit is enormous right now. Plus, he's been seen in the company of Dan Snyder both on the field and in the owner's box. With Bruce Allen's comments at the new coach press conference, I can easily see them holding onto Alex Smith.

the problem is with a majority of the guys you named are almost worthless as far as trade value. Youll end up with 1 or 2 2nd/3rd round picks and a bunch of 6th/7th rounders. Some of the guys we would have to trade the player plus a low pick in order to get a pick back from the other team because of their contract status.

as Thomas said, if you plan on evaluating Haskins any time soon(which I think he sucks, but that's besides the point), you cant throw him out there with a team that if they played the new XFL DC team, vegas would have it as a pick-em game.
    Last edited by MarkieMark48; 10-24-2019 at 08:52 AM.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Also, unless Smith and Reed retire or agree to injury buyouts, we are stuck with them unless we release them. It wouldn't be a whole lot of deferred money for Reed, but Smith's dead cap hit is enormous right now. Plus, he's been seen in the company of Dan Snyder both on the field and in the owner's box. With Bruce Allen's comments at the new coach press conference, I can easily see them holding onto Alex Smith.
    Alex Smith needs to retire and agree to be some type of assistant making the same amount as the rest of his guaranteed money....problem solved

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    Alex Smith needs to retire and agree to be some type of assistant making the same amount as the rest of his guaranteed money....problem solved
    He isn't leaving that kind of money on the table. He will announce he is medically unable to play like Prince Fielder did in MLB so he can continue to collect the checks. At least the medically unable to play announcement would potentially help the Redskins, but I am not sure if it will get them any more than the $10 million cap credit or not.

If Bruce Allen is in charge still we will start Smith next yr (just think we gave up a great young corner and an early pick and wasted money on another old dude). Look at this roster...34 yr old starting rb, old Keenum, old Penn...refuse to trade a guy who won't ever play for us when we can get a 1st....we are so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by vtgriff09 View Post
    If Bruce Allen is in charge still we will start Smith next yr (just think we gave up a great young corner and an early pick and wasted money on another old dude). Look at this roster...34 yr old starting rb, old Keenum, old Penn...refuse to trade a guy who won't ever play for us when we can get a 1st....we are so stupid.
    You forgot to mention.........we essentially gave up those two assets for a QB who we still paid $74 million guaranteed to. Only $10 million less than Cousins got. Dumb.

And you are correct, I easily see them thinking Smith will start next season. Otherwise he wouldnt be hanging around Danny Boy in the owners box, throwing at practice and being mentioned at Allens press conference.

He isn't leaving that kind of money on the table. He will announce he is medically unable to play like Prince Fielder did in MLB so he can continue to collect the checks. At least the medically unable to play announcement would potentially help the Redskins, but I am not sure if it will get them any more than the $10 million cap credit or not.
    He wouldn't be leaving the money on the table if Snyder pays him the exact same amount to be a coach... I know it wouldn't ever happen, just a fun way to clear up the cap

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

You forgot to mention.........we essentially gave up those two assets for a QB who we still paid $74 million guaranteed to. Only $10 million less than Cousins got. Dumb.

And you are correct, I easily see them thinking Smith will start next season. Otherwise he wouldnt be hanging around Danny Boy in the owners box, throwing at practice and being mentioned at Allens press conference.
    This! I didn't like the trade when it happened but after I saw the extension we gave him, I hated it.

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

He wouldn't be leaving the money on the table if Snyder pays him the exact same amount to be a coach... I know it wouldn't ever happen, just a fun way to clear up the cap
    The NFLPA and coaches association would both be all over it before the ink dried on any kind of contract or agreement.

The NFLPA and coaches association would both be all over it before the ink dried on any kind of contract or agreement.
    As I said, it would never happen but fun to think of hypotheticals

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

of course this year 3 wins will land you like the 5th pick in the draft, smh

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

**** this garbage *** franchise.

of course this year 3 wins will land you like the 5th pick in the draft, smh
    Hey, we were 6-3 with Alex Smith last year, there's no reason to think he can't get us there again! -Bruce Allen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast