Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 1 Thread

1 quarter into this wizards game and I would be shocked if we dont lose by 20

man was I wrong. although to be fair to me the Jazz played wayyy harder in the 2nd half. the offensive talent on this team is pretty good and we can add conley. our defense has certainly taken a step back though.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    man was I wrong. although to be fair to me the Jazz played wayyy harder in the 2nd half. the offensive talent on this team is pretty good and we can add conley. our defense has certainly taken a step back though.
    Yeah, when you from Rubio/Crowder/Favors to Conley/Niang/Bojan the defense is gonna be worse.

Rippin' lips son!!

yeah I also think that the care factor for this team is lower then last years in that I felt last years teams tried for 4 quarters every game or they probably lost the game. this years team though can have a really bad half against washington and still win by 11 without Mitchell and Conley. that wouldn't happen very often last year. it also makes sense as Rubio and Crowder basically get by bye being the hustler. I think its a potential good sign that this could be a better playoff performer when they try hard for 48 minutes.

I am thinking the Jazz are done with trades for the year. I thought they may target an upgrade at backup center, but reading that the Jazz really like Bradley's progress.

Conley does not have much trade value, so I don't think they Jazz are able to move him even though there are questions on his fit and his negative impact on us keeping our key free agents next year because of his high salary.

So looks like this is what we are rolling with... just hope the team stays healthy... hoping Bradley and Mudiay can keep improving like they have. Should be interesting.

Conley would still have trade value if the Jazz wanted to trade him. it wouldn't be as high cause he has struggle some and more importantly he theoretically could be a free agent after this year, but I seriously doubt that some of these teams that want a PG still wouldn't be interested in him if the Jazz wanted to trade him.

Jazz are simply getting worked in this game right now. this honestly isn't even as close as the scoreboard is showing.

man i wish donovan got the calls ingram got.

he does at home
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

man the Jazz are on a roll. everyone is playing well. David Locke's dream has always been to have a team that only uses guys who use possessions above league average. our current 9 man rotation does that IF* Conley can round into shape and he looked good tonight, but a ton of them were pretty tough shots. not sure yet.

Great-over .60ts%
    Rudy-.684, Bradley-.636, Royce-.625, Niang-.622, Bojan Bogdanovic-.608 ingles .598(close enough)

Above average-.57-.60 ts%
    Jordan Clarkson .572

average .54-.57
    Mitchell-.559, Mudiay-.549

way below average
    Conley-.491(whats nice is that he is at least replacing our most inefficient player outside of him)

man the difference in these games when our bench doesn't just give up these monster leads is so nice. Niang is such a smart player. he is always making the right play. He has his limitations, but I think he is a core piece of our bench unit. Clarkson's up and down for sure, but I haven't felt that he just takes these wild shots that don't fit into the system at all. we almost have too many guards at this point with mudiay not getting any time. Bradley isn't that great yet, but he at least forces teams to respect his ability to roll and is at least tall and big on defense. Mudiay has been better then expected for sure and he can just get up a decent shot whenever we need it. sure it won't be super efficient, but its not entirely inefficient.

how we can possibly guard the lakers in the playoffs I have no idea, but for now since 12/10 we have the #1 offense by a LOT, and the 7th best defense.

Royce just got a 4 year extension, 9 mill per year. This is a great deal. Based on his production I thought he would get at least 10. Some may disagree, but Rolls Royce is a solid defender, willing passer, and a very great catch and shoot three point shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Raupie View Post
    I am thinking the Jazz are done with trades for the year. I thought they may target an upgrade at backup center, but reading that the Jazz really like Bradley's progress.

Conley does not have much trade value, so I don't think they Jazz are able to move him even though there are questions on his fit and his negative impact on us keeping our key free agents next year because of his high salary.

So looks like this is what we are rolling with... just hope the team stays healthy... hoping Bradley and Mudiay can keep improving like they have. Should be interesting.
    I agree. We have a nice rotation that is working. Why change it. In some ways I can see the Jazz unloading Davis to get out of his 5 mill next year, but Davis is an insurance policy if Rudy or Bradley get injured.

We are absolutely not trading Conley. No way. Zero percent. For several reasons.
    1- This organization believes in loyalty and giving a player a chance to prove themselves. Ask Exum.
    2- His ceiling is too high. He could easily be the player we expect again.
    3- It hasn't been very long. He admitted he is still learning the offense.
    4- The only way we become a real contender is with another high caliber player. He is our best chance.
    5- We can't do better. It took years just to get a player this good.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    I agree. We have a nice rotation that is working. Why change it. In some ways I can see the Jazz unloading Davis to get out of his 5 mill next year, but Davis is an insurance policy if Rudy or Bradley get injured.

We are absolutely not trading Conley. No way. Zero percent. For several reasons.
    1- This organization believes in loyalty and giving a player a chance to prove themselves. Ask Exum.
    2- His ceiling is too high. He could easily be the player we expect again.
    3- It hasn't been very long. He admitted he is still learning the offense.
    4- The only way we become a real contender is with another high caliber player. He is our best chance.
    5- We can't do better. It took years just to get a player this good.
    You make all good points, but Conley isn't the same player... the NBA has changed some as well, and the Jazz have some other players that are under rated.

Tonight, Conley was the only bench player with a negative differential. He also didn't finish the game. If he was in the closing lineup, not sure we win this game. Oneal hit a big three and was guarding Luca. Mitchell is one of the best cluth players in the NBA. Gobert is the best clutch defender. So it comes down to Ingles and Bogy. Bogey is a great shooter, got to keep him in the line up. Ingles has the highest point differential tonight and continues to be one of the highest this season.

I like our closing lineup and I wouldn't replace any of them with Conley. He is a defensive and rebounding weakness. I am not saying he is a bad player, but we have other players who can do what he can. We are lucky to have multiple players with that skill.

My prediction is you will continue to see Conley struggle. He will have more bad games than good games. Next year he wont' be any better. Teams may be willing to overpay for him right now, especially an eastern team

man the Jazz are 3rd in the NBA standings wise. its pretty hard to believe after we were once 13-11. looks like we might have been given a gift tonight since it looks like Harden probably sits and Westbrook for sure will. Jazz can't completely let down, but their starting 5 will likely be Rivers-Gordon-Mclemore-Tucker-Capela.

there is a chance that the upcoming stretch isn't as bad as we first feared.

vs Houston-no Harden or westbrook
    @ Spurs- they have been playing better then their 20-25 record says, but they are still 20-25
    @ Denver- likely no millsap, Murray or Plumlee(although this is a b2b for us so this ones going to be tough)
    @ Portland-Nurkic is actually getting close to a return, but its unlikely in 5 days. Collins will still be out. this will also be a b2b for them
    vs Denver-I have no idea if any of those 3 guys will be ready by this time either. a b2b for them
    vs Portland same thing as before and they will be on another b2b.
    @ Houston-for now this game is probably going to be very hard
    @ Dallas-going to be really tough since this is going to be a b2b for us.
    vs Miami- they haven't been playing stellar lately and they aren't good on the road.

this is a sidenote, but I think road b2b's shouldn't be a thing. we are certainly not going to continue our 19-2 pace over this stretch, but maybe we can go 7-3. honestly looking over the SOS for the rest of the NBA teams its hard for me to see the Jazz finishing higher then the Clippers or lakers barring an injury which super sucks cause our only hope was that the lakers and Clippers took each other out before facing us. there is a chance we could be the 2 seed, but we either needed to be the 1 seed or have the clippers/lakers fall to the 4 seed.

Houston doesn't scare me as much as they did in years past. I know they still have a good record, but they are so inefficient this year. I feel like they are losing most of their games against the better teams and just doing a good job beating up on the less talented teams.

Spurs scare me. They are one of the best teams in the midrange and the Jazz's defense is one of the weakest against the midrange. So though their record isn't as good, I think they match up against us pretty well (in their favor).

Denver is good, they will be tough.

Should be a fun stretch...

welp everything I just said was moot. This team didn't even bother to show up tonight and lost. it wasn't even very close.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast