Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 1 Thread

man literally 2 weeks ago I was wondering if we could get the 2 seed. Now i worry we are going to be the 7 seed. we only have a 1.5 game lead right now.

I know I am rambling at this point, but honestly it should be noted how lucky this team has been this year. Rudy Gobert, Donovan Mitchell, and Bojan all missed one or two games. Royce and Joe haven't missed a game yet. Conley missed 20, however you feel about him, but that honestly about it. like Mudiay missed a couple and Ed davis missed some, but its not like those two really matter. we have had incredibly injury luck and we are still at the 5th spot. man this team is starting 3 guys over 30 as well so its not like this roster is going to get better next year.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I know I am rambling at this point, but honestly it should be noted how lucky this team has been this year. Rudy Gobert, Donovan Mitchell, and Bojan all missed one or two games. Royce and Joe haven't missed a game yet. Conley missed 20, however you feel about him, but that honestly about it. like Mudiay missed a couple and Ed davis missed some, but its not like those two really matter. we have had incredibly injury luck and we are still at the 5th spot. man this team is starting 3 guys over 30 as well so its not like this roster is going to get better next year.
    And next year the Warriors will be back, Portland can't be as injured, Pelicans and Mavs will be better. I dunno. Jazz never will but after next year it may be time to blow it up and start over completely. Sucks Hayward pussed out cause he would make this team significantly better.

Rippin' lips son!!

unsurprisingly no deals. I don't think we could have done better then clarkson anyways so getting him 20 games ago was pretty good. fortunately/unfortunately this team just doesn't have a ton of movable contracts so they probably tried to get some stuff done, but we just don't have the salary to get anything done.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    And next year the Warriors will be back, Portland can't be as injured, Pelicans and Mavs will be better. I dunno. Jazz never will but after next year it may be time to blow it up and start over completely.
    I like you JazzNC, but this is just crazy. We will be fine. This is just a difficult time of year. Nearing the trade deadline throws some guys off. Some are just tired and need a break. Some mail it in near the all-star break. Our focus is not the same. Our energy and effort is less than it was.

For the past 40 years the teams that have won an NBA title have a few things in common. 1 they almost exclusively come from the biggest markets. 2 they drafted an elite talent with the #1 pick in the draft. Or 3 they got a rare talent that was overlooked. The type of player that only comes around every 10 years.

That has been how you win a ring for 40 years. Seriously, look at the list. It is almost exclusively large markets. San Antonio is the exception only because they drafted Duncan. Since we are a small market, and never get the #1 pick, we have to hope Donavon and Rudy are special. How special do they have to be? Well the other non #1 picks that led their team to a title were Kobe, Steph, Kawai, Bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    For the past 40 years the teams that have won an NBA title have a few things in common. 1 they almost exclusively come from the biggest markets. 2 they drafted an elite talent with the #1 pick in the draft. Or 3 they got a rare talent that was overlooked. The type of player that only comes around every 10 years.

That has been how you win a ring for 40 years. Seriously, look at the list. It is almost exclusively large markets. San Antonio is the exception only because they drafted Duncan. Since we are a small market, and never get the #1 pick, we have to hope Donavon and Rudy are special. How special do they have to be? Well the other non #1 picks that led their team to a title were Kobe, Steph, Kawai, Bird.
    That's why I said after next year if we still aren't close it would be best to blow it up. Yes we might be able to roll out the same old same old for almost another decade and possibly get really lucky.

But this team is a hungry (should be anyway) young team that hasn't proven anything. They should be killing it to try and get that 2 seed. They NEED it. We aren't a team full of vets with deep playoff runs under their belts. We really need a high seed and have been absolutely gifted every opportunity to get it facing these good teams short handed and on the back end of B2Bs and have completely **** the bed. Can't guard the perimeter at all (almost a guarantee Dame goes for 40+ tonight) and have been atrocious on offense lately. Mitchell has been a dumpster fire, Conley still sucks, Gobert hasn't been having his normal impact. If you're a contending team that's young those last 5 games we lost you almost have to go 4-1 in that stretch if you're heathy. But we've lost every one.

I dunno but we just don't look like a good team right now and it wouldn't surprise me if we don't win again before the All-Star break. It's not an easy stretch of games.

Rippin' lips son!!

the frustrating part for me is that I feel like we have to be one of the worst defensive teams in the league right now, but I also feel like teams are just shooting way above where they should be. I also feel that O'neal has been completely destroyed as a defender the past week, Donovan isn't trying very hard, and none of our bench guys are what you would call good defenders in fact most are subpar.

On offense the Turnovers we create ourselves just drives me mad. Like I understand that you are going to have some turnovers, but some of the ones we have are just mind boggling. it also don't help right now that like 4 of our guys are having their worst shooting stretch all at the same time. Then sometimes Mitchel needs to cool down. he is a worthy all star, but he isn't Harden he can just get a shot whenever he wants it.

another 7 point lead blown so far. at least its still tied for now.

well we get the ugly win on a bad call, but honestly the whole night was so poorly officiated that it just seems par for the course.

this game is pretty early, but I can't see a scenario how we win this game. the rockets just switch everything which just kills everything we run. plus the jazz are so careless with the ball. then on defense our perimeter d is just getting killed by harden and westbrook. were not down big yet, but i can feel its coming.

wow I am shocked we won. Gobert covering westbrook was actually really effective. I know the stats say otherwise, but honestly I bet westbrook went like 12/18 when Gobert wasn't on the floor. Got some shooting like finally with Harden going 2-13 from 3. The jazz had like 11 first half turnovers and only 4 in the second half. man clarkson might be better then almost anyone else traded at the deadline. Juwan Morgan's +11 was actually the piece I didn't see. he matched the rockets and gave us a PJ Tucker light. I think in the matchups where the other team doesn't have a burly a big man we need to just cut Bradley's minutes. he can't cover anything but centers. This win makes up for the crappy loss the other time. I think we would have been fine going 1-1 in our games vs houston.

I just realized we have 3 guys taller then their entire starting lineup. Too bad Bojan is such a bad rebounder or I would feel so much better about this matchup.

btw Exum is averaging over the last 13 games 3.4 pts, 2.2 reb, 1.5 ast on 33% shooting and .063% from 3. YIKES. man I don't think the cavs could trade 2 2nds just to get rid of his salary right now if they wanted too. not forgetting about Clarkson who just scored 30 for us.

Clarkson has almost got to start finishing games. He has just been flat out better than Conley. Like last night there was no reason to sit our hottest player in a very important, close game to being in Conley. Quinn bugs me with that kind of rotation. Rotations don't have to be set in stone. As a coach you have to be able to see who's giving your team the best chance to win on a given night. But he did draw up a great play to get our best shooter a chance and he hit it and won the game.

And we have always had a ton of horrible turnovers for the entirety of Quinn's career. I don't know if it's the players or if it's just not a focus but we literally won every statistic last night but we're -10 in TOs in a 1pt game. Very lucky to come out on top but I'll damn sure take it. I haven't freaked out like that at the end of a game in a long while. Loved it!

Rippin' lips son!!

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast