Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    welp everything I just said was moot. This team didn't even bother to show up tonight and lost. it wasn't even very close.
    That was just an ugly game. Our guys were not into this game mentally. I wonder why. Is it because players are this upset over Kobe? Are they tired from so much focus they needed a break? The NBA season is a grind. Maybe they just didn't have it tonight. Just like the Pelicans loss, when you allow a professional scorer to get that much confidence and he goes off for that many points we are going to loose. I get that we can't win every game, but taking a night off when they were gifted a win could cost them a playoff seed that is going to make all the difference. As of now the #2 seed would play OKC and then likely Denver. In contrast we could play Houston or Dallas in the first round and then the Lakers. I don't have much confidence against Houston or the Lakers in the first round. They are just a bad matchup for us.

welp everything I just said was moot. This team didn't even bother to show up tonight and lost. it wasn't even very close.
    Yep, completely inexcusable loss. That was a joke. I haven't been angry after a game in a LONG time but that one pisses me off. When you look back and we miss out on HCA or a 2 seed because of one win this one is going to sting. The Rockets didn't even bother trying to win, sat their stars and we gave them an extremely easy win. Piss poor effort.

Rippin' lips son!!

I am so sick of Conley. I get that he has alot of respect from people around the league and he has earned that respect. But he is aweful right now and at some point they have to stop making excuses. He scores a basket and people say how great of a shot it was... then he misses shot after shot... makes stupid turnover after stupid turnover... then stupid foul after stupid foul...

I just get annoyed over so much positive talk about him when he hasn't earned it in a Jazz uniform. Talk about how much of a saint he is for coming off the bench when his play doesn't deserve any minutes. What about Mudiay? Play deserves time and he isn't getting any.

Sorry, just venting, but watching our team not play well and then just prayin that this is the game Conley helps us... and never happens... when we are bad... he is horrible and when we are good... he is average (if that)

Oh no....we suck again!

(To be read in Rob Schneider voice from Waterboy)

Rippin' lips son!!

Man I seriously don't understand how Jordan Clarkson could pretty seemlisly integrate into this team, but Conley just hasn't at all. Like seriously last year he averaged 21/6.4/3 on a more then respectable .570 ts%. maybe he can replicate his last year when post all break he put up 26/6.5/4 on a 63 ts%. I am at the point that if I could do something with his 30 million where I feel we upgrade i would do it. For instance Conley for CP3 works. However, I wouldn't trade him for two backups or whatever.

man I wish we could learn to not turn the ball over so much. its such a disadvantage when we are giving up the ball so much. what an embarrassing 6 minutes to end the 3rd and start the fourth. Ed Davis keeps getting called for the chippiest foul calls. This game is over. 3 game loss streak against 3 straight teams missing key players. just pathetic. I'm back on the this team isn't good camp.

I know I am a salty jazz fan right now, but what constitutes a foul on each side is completely different right now.

I think teams are just going to start switching everything on us and we don't have a single answer for it. literally anyone can gaurd Gobert down low so we have no way to punish it.

Man I seriously don't understand how Jordan Clarkson could pretty seemlisly integrate into this team, but Conley just hasn't at all. Like seriously last year he averaged 21/6.4/3 on a more then respectable .570 ts%. maybe he can replicate his last year when post all break he put up 26/6.5/4 on a 63 ts%. I am at the point that if I could do something with his 30 million where I feel we upgrade i would do it. For instance Conley for CP3 works. However, I wouldn't trade him for two backups or whatever.
    My thoughts exactly. Jazz have done EVERYTHING to make it a good transition for Conley. Giving him a starting job before he earned it, Quinn giving him special time and attention, etc. Clarkson makes half of what Conley does but does it much better.

The Jazz's offense has been great, one of best in NBA... so what are the Jazz expecting Conley to be able to do for them? He doesn't rebound, not a great defender, etc.

I am not saying Conley is a great player or could still be great, I am saying even if he does play well, what he gives the Jazz are things they already have. So best case scenario he plays as well as Clarkson and cuts into his minutes?

When anyone asked Favors last year about coming off the bench he said "I'm a starter". Yep, we started him, but he was typically on the bench when it mattered. Now we are playing the same game with Conley. Promises were made, reputations to uphold, and now what do we do?

-Option 1- We start Conley. Give him a chance to be anywhere near the player he was last year. Short-term frustration for playoff success. I don't like this plan right now, but if Mike can find his groove then it's well worth it. The only way we are going to compete deep into the playoffs is with a Conley that is rolling. We can't beat the LA teams without him at his best. IMO this is what the team will do and it will not work.

-Option 2- He comes off the bench. He leads the second unit. He won't be happy about it, but he is a solid teammate and won't cause a problem in the locker room. Based on his play this is where he belongs.

-Option 3- Trade him. With Spida and Rudy contracts coming in less than 2 years we can't trade for very many large long-term deals. Kevin Love type trades will not work. Most likely we would be trading for a player or players with a much lower ceiling than MC. I see zero chance this happens. Zero. We traded for him. We are going to be loyal to the end. From a relationship standpoint I'm glad we are loyal. It's the right thing to do overall. From a basketball only standpoint we should trade him. He is not the guy we thought he was.

I think teams are just going to start switching everything on us and we don't have a single answer for it. literally anyone can gaurd Gobert down low so we have no way to punish it.
    We had the same problem last year. Favors and Rudy wouldn't bully the little guy. Can we please get Malone in for a little consulting. We should be licking our chops when a guard tries to man up Rudy.

NBA teams are watching the tape. That tape doesn't lie. Switching everything is our kryptonite. Look for Quinn to make an adjustment to fix this soon.

We have also allowed a lot of players lately to go off. Top scorers are having a huge day against us. When we allow a guy to get that confidence going we typically are going to loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    We had the same problem last year. Favors and Rudy wouldn't bully the little guy. Can we please get Malone in for a little consulting. We should be licking our chops when a guard tries to man up Rudy.

NBA teams are watching the tape. That tape doesn't lie. Switching everything is our kryptonite. Look for Quinn to make an adjustment to fix this soon.

We have also allowed a lot of players lately to go off. Top scorers are having a huge day against us. When we allow a guy to get that confidence going we typically are going to loose.
    It's because we have no guards who can defend. Like none. That's why Conley was such a terrible idea compared to either doing nothing or just waiting to see if a guy like Holiday came available or even a guy like Ball. We need a big guard who can defend and do something other than score. I mean honestly we got rid of Rubio because he shot poorly, bring in Conley for 30mil and he has literally been worse. And doesn't provide the defense and passing that Rubio did.

Rippin' lips son!!

Is it against the rules to trade Conley back to the Grizzlies? They dumped him because they were not a playoff team... but they ARE a playoff team now surprisingly. Yes, they have Morant... but we have Mitchell. They have a pick and pop big, which he prefers. He knows their system. He fits their system. Their fans love him. They just made a trade with Miami, maybe we can get in on that? There are a number of pieces in Miami that I think would make good fits for the Jazz...

I know it is often said the best trade is sometimes the trade not made.... but the Jazz clearly have some issues and the best front offices are the ones who can make things happen... not the ones who sit back. Yes we made a trade already and it was a GREAT trade, so we know first hand how much of a difference a good trade can make... so hoepfully they are able to make something happen!

God we are just an awful team right now. Blew another game to an undermanned team. We'll be lucky to win again before the All-Star game. And we were at home with the Nuggets on the 2nd game of a back to back. Mitchell was awful, Gobert got eat up by Jokic and Murray went off. This team isn't any better than they've been the last few years. Bench is still just a complete disaster. I dunno. Crazy the difference a week and a half can make in how you feel about your team, but the wheels have come completely off the bus.

Rippin' lips son!!

yeah I haven't been this down on this team since we were like 10 games under .500 two years ago. we just lost to a team that played 7 guys and 2 of those guys weren't in the rotation at all. the worst part was that I felt we got outhustled. man I am so bummed right now. this is just flat out embarrassing. the tired thing doesn't even work cause they just had two days off. what sucks is that we can't even make a panic trade to try and fix this. this roster is pretty stuck.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast