Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Week 1 Thread

Jazz did just enough tonight and against a team like this you have to take it.

also I critized him after the kings for the play design, but I thought the first game winner was a foul on Donovan and the 2nd was great to use donovan as a decoy to get Bogey a great look.

I cannot express in words how glad I am we ended up with Bogey instead of Mirotic. Bogey has that it factor and is so much more than a spot up shooter. I thought Conley was out biggest off-season addition but it's Bogdanovic by a mile and I think that would be the case even if Conley wasn't playing the worst basketball of his career.

Rippin' lips son!!

man if you really look at our schedule so far we have played the following adjusted net rating teams #1, #2, #5x2, #7, #9, #13 and #22x2. our SOS has the other teams as .595 which is pretty impressive when you consider that we are 6-3 and have played the kings twice.

btw our upcoming schedule is #29,21,30,18,18,29,25 for the next 7 games. we need to go 6-1 maybe 5-2 in these upcoming games.

Our adjusted defensive rating is #1, our non adjusted defensive rating is #2. our adjusted offensive rating is #23, and our non adjusted is #27.

I think honestly if we just hadn't lost the kings game we would be in awesome shape.

really solid win against a not very good team. offense looked great and honestly didn't think our defense was that bad they just made a crap ton of tough midrange shots.

well we won, but the defense wasn't good enough tonight. However our offense was pretty good when you consider we went 6-26 on 3's. Have to give a little pass for this being a back to back with a huge travel between.

A win is a win. And we have started out well and the team IMO is nowhere near a well oiled machine at this point. As good as we are playing right now I can't wait to see this team after the All-Star break. By that time everyone should be settled in to their respective roles. Also, I love that Rudy comes back every year with a little more on the offensive side. If he can just be passable on that end it'll make the team so much better.

Rippin' lips son!!

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I think honestly if we just hadn't lost the kings game we would be in awesome shape.
    The Kings have now won 4 of 5. They started with 5 losses before we played them the second time. They played with pride in that game. The kind of desperation and urgency they needed to win. I'm not surprised they won that game. They wanted it more.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    I cannot express in words how glad I am we ended up with Bogey instead of Mirotic. Bogey has that it factor and is so much more than a spot up shooter. I thought Conley was out biggest off-season addition but it's Bogdanovic by a mile and I think that would be the case even if Conley wasn't playing the worst basketball of his career.
    Yes!! He is so awesome. Bogey fits Quinn's system perfectly. We could have easily kept Favors and added Conley. Wow, what a difference. His game compliments Spida well, and brings Joe off the bench. When Ingles was getting too many minutes he struggled. I saw this interview with Bogey and he was smiling about how many open shots he gets in this system.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    The Kings have now won 4 of 5. They started with 5 losses before we played them the second time. They played with pride in that game. The kind of desperation and urgency they needed to win. I'm not surprised they won that game. They wanted it more.
    I mean it was a super close game and if Bojan just boxes out we win the game. still we are 3-1 this year in 3 pt games when were 0-7 last year.

I swear this team just has to have a stretch at some point where they can't hit anything to make sure that the other team gets a ton of confidence. I also am getting tied of conley just having 0fer halves and 12 games in our offense really isn't any better.

we also somehow have zero ft's against a team with horrible rim protection.

it seriously pisses me off that this team just keeps shooting the 3 point shot at under 30% all the time. Also the last six minutes it felt like the Grizzlies had the 2x DPOY out there and not us. The Grizz offense was just better then ours to end the game. Jeff Green has had about 5 good minutes the past 7 games. Bradley has been worthless. Ingles hasn't been good at all so far this year. well this time the out of bounds play didn't work at all we barely got the ball in.

That was a ****ing foul on Mitchell to end the game. ******** call. Conley was once again absolute garbage. We can't have Mitchell Gobert and Bogey play the way they did and lose because Conley shoots 25% from the field. He has been beyond bad this year. And at 30mil per year he's gotta be better. And he takes so many shots to be playing as piss poor as he's been this year.

Rippin' lips son!!

btw the angle shows that Donovan clearly got fouled. Like not even close its an embarrassment that the last 30 seconds get called different then the other 47:30.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast