Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

HEAT Game Thread 2019/20 Season

Let's go baby! GAME TIME

Here is a good hype video from Justise too. Imagine not loving this guy

https://twitter.com/IAmJustise/statu...953653760?s=20

Jimmy not playing tonight...

On NBA tv, they stated this will be the starting lineup.

Nunn
    Herro
    Winslow
    M Leonard
    Bam

I think they should have started Dargic & Djj. But whatever. Spo loves to keep his bench intake.
    Last edited by Dade County; 10-23-2019 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Butler is out due to "personal reasons".....what a way to start the season lol

Too many hands touching the ball, causing too many turn overs.

It seems like Spo got the message, and put in Dragic to end the half. Herro has to shoot more, Nunn has to keep on being aggressive; KO is so slow footed it's crazy. & Spo needs to learn how to feel the game out...smh

But Miami is missing too may people.

As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    Butler is out due to "personal reasons".....what a way to start the season lol
    lol I know.

Winslow
    37min/ 7ast/ +22/ 27pts

Bam
    24min/ 11reb/ +10/ 14pts

Nunn
    27min/*3ast/ +27/ 24pts

Herro
    34min/ 8reb/ +10/ 14pts

Dragic
    25min/ 3ast/ +0/ 19pts

Silva did great guys! M Leonard & D robinson was straight trash,

Herro needs to be more aggressive on offense, but he did have 8reb.

Nunn is looking like a great fit as a bench scoring guard. He's like what you expect from a healthy Waiters but subtract $12M+.

Not jumping the gun on one game, but I wish Miami was able to sign him to a 3yr non guaranteed deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Winslow
    37min/ 7ast/ +22/ 27pts

Bam
    24min/ 11reb/ +10/ 14pts

Nunn
    27min/*3ast/ +27/ 24pts

Herro
    34min/ 8reb/ +10/ 14pts

Dragic
    25min/ 3ast/ +0/ 19pts

Robinson is always trash. He's a practice all-star. In game he's always been bad including preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Nunn is looking like a great fit as a bench scoring guard. He's like what you expect from a healthy Waiters but subtract $12M+.

Not jumping the gun on one game, but I wish Miami was able to sign him to a 3yr non guaranteed deal.
    I know right, I want to contain my excitement for Nunn since it's just one regular season game...but dear god lol he was good in summer league, preseason and now opening night

If he honestly keeps this up (fingers crossed AND knock on wood) then that totally changes the ceiling for this team

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Robinson is always trash. He's a practice all-star. In game he's always been bad including preseason.
    Very much agree, he might have a great shooting game here or there but overall he struggles with the speed/processing of the NBA game

Winslow
    37min/ 7ast/ +22/ 27pts

Bam
    24min/ 11reb/ +10/ 14pts

Nunn
    27min/*3ast/ +27/ 24pts

Herro
    34min/ 8reb/ +10/ 14pts

Dragic
    25min/ 3ast/ +0/ 19pts

Herro's rebounding was one of his under looked abilities, he doesn't stay flat footed on rebound attempts and attacks the ball midair, really good effort guy in general

Silva had a good summer league and played well in preseason, both are major reasons why he's currently a two-way player, if he keeps this up then I think a roster spot is in the works

Good opening game, lots to be optimistic about, hopefully Butler is OK and Waiters needs to get his priorities in check

Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    Good opening game, lots to be optimistic about, hopefully Butler is OK and Waiters needs to get his priorities in check
    I didn't like how Miami was playing for two & half quarters (we did start strong in the beginning of the game). Grizz had lots of foul calls, called on them; that keep Miami in the game.

We finished the 3rd quarter strong, and then we blow it open in the 4th. But before that, Dragic is a big reason we stayed in the game.

As of right now, Miami is number 1 in the East (leave me alone, I DON'T CARE).

https://www.espn.com/nba/standings

point diff +19

I just want to enjoy this until the next games are played

*Note
    The Suns are also number 1 in the West.

I didn't like how Miami was playing for two & half quarters (we did start strong in the beginning of the game). Grizz had lots of foul calls, called on them; that keep Miami in the game.

We finished the 3rd quarter strong, and then we blow it open in the 4th. But before that, Dragic is a big reason we stayed in the game.
    Yeah but we were really aggressive all night going downhill in the paint and drew a bunch of fouls, Bam was physical with Valanciunas and a bunch of their young guys committed fouls....Total fouls for the game: Mem 31...Heat 33...FT Attempts: Mem 30...Heat 39...Also Nunn, Silva, DJJ and Leonard were in foul trouble throughout the game so I just think that speaks to us being more aggressive

Watching Leonard made me YEARN for James Johnson, at least Duncan Robinson was an active threat from three, freaking Leonard was terrible in pick-and-roll defense, got overpowered in the paint and looked out of sorts on offense with no confidence in his jumper....Leonard was by far our weak link

Silva flipped the momentum, even though Silva was a walking foul he made a HUGE impact on the offensive glass, contagious energy and played far better on the defensive side in comparison to Leonard

You also have to remember Waiters, Butler, JJ were all out, we started 3 new faces, had lineups where 3 rookies were on the floor and played at a MUCH faster pace then we're used too which might be an overall offensive style change.....so overall a lot of alterations for opening night

It wasn't all pretty (aka fouls, Leonard, turnovers) but our young guys looked good, Winslow is our 2nd best two-way player and Dragic solidifies the bench

It appears that Nunn is going to be our 5th starter for now. Apparently he was told on Tuesday that he was going to start last night, and it was in fact Herro who replaced Butler in the starting lineup

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast