Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    He just needs to be apart of the HEAT system. They will correct what needs to be fixed.

He would be a great fit here. Herro & DLo can grow together (shooters).

We all know Pat wants another All Star level player. If not Dlo then who do you want and Miami can realistically get?
    I think we all know Pat won't be biting into that 2021 max slot that we currently have unless its for an All-NBA type of talent. Guys on one or two year deals should be our target, like a Gallinari for example.

I have to admit though, I broke this rule this morning to play with the trade machine and look for a possible Aaron Gordon deal. His deal is depreciating so he would only cost around 16.5 mil in 2021, and man would he create a defensive juggernaut on this team. His playmaking offensively would be a huge boost too. With Orlando looking terrible so far, he's the kind of guy I could see getting moved.

Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    I think we all know Pat won't be biting into that 2021 max slot that we currently have unless its for an All-NBA type of talent. Guys on one or two year deals should be our target, like a Gallinari for example.

I have to admit though, I broke this rule this morning to play with the trade machine and look for a possible Aaron Gordon deal. His deal is depreciating so he would only cost around 16.5 mil in 2021, and man would he create a defensive juggernaut on this team. His playmaking offensively would be a huge boost too. With Orlando looking terrible so far, he's the kind of guy I could see getting moved.
    Do you believe Gordon is a great defender? I haven't watched enough to form an opinion. But watching his 4 games against the HEAT every season for the last couple years, I did not feel he's that good on that end.

I would be fine with it depending on what was your suggested trade package.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Do you believe Gordon is a great defender? I haven't watched enough to form an opinion. But watching his 4 games against the HEAT every season for the last couple years, I did not feel he's that good on that end.

I would be fine with it depending on what was your suggested trade package.
    He's a very very good defender, on ball and off. He uses his athleticism bigtime on that end, and has the intelligence in off ball situations to have a big impact. He's the type of defender that you're perfectly comfortable with him switching 1 through 5 on any possession. I don't want to get crazy and say he is the closest defender to Draymond in the league as far as what he can do, but it is at least a little bit similar, with Draymond obviously having a higher IQ on that end (he's probably the smartest defender in this century) and Gordon having more athletic ability. And with this coaching staff that would only get better, obviously.

The trade package is tricky. They could surely use better guard play, so Goran is a likely target. A package of Goran and one of DJJ/Nunn would work money wise, but that would leave us pretty depleted at the guard spots. We would have to get kind of creative in the deal to get that back, maybe by getting an Augustine or an MCW in there as well. I just don't really know what Gordon's trade value is at this point. It's clear the magic are going nowhere, and they have Vuc-Isaac-Bamba that could easily soak up all of their big man rotation minutes. So maybe Gordon could move relatively cheaply.

That was a real game guys and the Refs tried to keep the Suns in the game. Good job Miami, I can better gage how good we truly are.

If Miami vs Lakers can play a real full game without the refs helping either side, that will let me know what level Miami is really on.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

As much as I believe that we r a good team and can compete with any team in the league. I believe we get throttled against the Lakers tomorrow. Don’t think we will get a evenly called game from the refs. Plain and simple. I hope I am completely wrong, but the refs will be the Lakers 6 man.

Quote Originally Posted by king james View Post
    As much as I believe that we r a good team and can compete with any team in the league. I believe we get throttled against the Lakers tomorrow. Don’t think we will get a evenly called game from the refs. Plain and simple. I hope I am completely wrong, but the refs will be the Lakers 6 man.
    As long as we play are game, I cant get upset if we take the L. But I really don't want the Refs to act up.

As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by king james View Post
    Also it's the second night of a road back-to-back which could spell trouble come 4th qtr, and Winslow is in concussion protocol too which he would've a body to throw at Lebron....maybe JJ gets used more?

The Lakers defense has been quite impressive to start the season but the Lakers 3pt shooting has been an underlining issue so far, really outside of Danny Green there's not many threats from deep...The Lakers rely so heavily on Lebron/AD it's going to be interesting to see if we can slow down that tandem

Once again DJJ leaves the game with an injury, last time it was his groin and now it's his hip

DJJ has a ton of upside and has shown nice promise but this is getting ridiculous, at this point in time DJJ is probably a better trade chip then useful player

Remember the Dallas deal fell apart partially because they wanted DJJ and not Dragic, DJJ could be an enticing add on to some possible trade

Until the guy can stay healthy and provide consistent minutes than all he boils down to is trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    Once again DJJ leaves the game with an injury, last time it was his groin and now it's his hip

DJJ has a ton of upside and has shown nice promise but this is getting ridiculous, at this point in time DJJ is probably a better trade chip then useful player

Remember the Dallas deal fell apart partially because they wanted DJJ and not Dragic, DJJ could be an enticing add on to some possible trade

Until the guy can stay healthy and provide consistent minutes than all he boils down to is trade bait
    I believe Spo needs to challenge Djj, run some offensive plays for him. I am tired of him just being a finisher, I want to see if he can take guys off the dribble, pull up and score or finish in traffic.

Is this an episode of the Twilight Zone? At first I wanted to talk about the Lakers game, Lowry/Ibaka getting hurt for Toronto, Hayward hurt for Boston but then I read a story about Waiters taking edibles on the team's charter airplane and had a panic attack BEFORE the freaking Lakers game

Apparently he was seeking "relief" from a stomachache and took the edible he was "unfamiliar" with....why the hell didn't he just drink gingerale? Chamomile tea? ginger tea? Like, this is beyond bizarre, was it self-sabotage? Or was he trying to cope with the new order of things?

...I have no clue what the hell is going to happen next

Dion Waiters Suspended For 10 Games

Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    Is this an episode of the Twilight Zone? At first I wanted to talk about the Lakers game, Lowry/Ibaka getting hurt for Toronto, Hayward hurt for Boston but then I read a story about Waiters taking edibles on the team's charter airplane and had a panic attack BEFORE the freaking Lakers game

Apparently he was seeking "relief" from a stomachache and took the edible he was "unfamiliar" with....why the hell didn't he just drink gingerale? Chamomile tea? ginger tea? Like, this is beyond bizarre, was it self-sabotage? Or was he trying to cope with the new order of things?

...I have no clue what the hell is going to happen next
    Waiters gone for 10 more games.

Until Miami can make a trade, I am sure Waiters will NOT be playing for the HEAT anytime soon. He's done here in my opinion.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/11/...-10-games.html

Heat guard Dion Waiters has been suspended for 10 games without pay, league sources tell Shams Charania of The Athletic (Twitter link). According to Charania (Twitter link), the suspension is club-issued, with the Heat citing conduct detrimental to the team.

The Heat made their decision in the wake of Waiters experiencing a medical episode on a team flight after consuming a “gummy,” an edible form of marijuana. Per Charania (via Twitter), the club believes Waiters was given that gummy by a teammate, but the veteran guard hasn’t been willing to say where he got it from.

“We are very disappointed in Dion’s actions this season that include the very scary situation on Thursday night, and grateful that the outcome wasn’t worse,” the Heat said in a statement. “There have been a number of instances this season in which Dion has engaged in conduct detrimental to the team.

“… We expect all of our players, including Dion, to conduct themselves in accordance with the highest standards, and to show professionalism and respect for their teammates, the team, the fans and the NBA community.”

Dion is done here and impossible to trade without a pick attached... can we just waive his ***?

Quote Originally Posted by lavilevi23 View Post
    Dion is done here and impossible to trade without a pick attached... can we just waive his ***?
    Agreed on the first part.

He would be dead weight on the books. It's better to just send him home indefinitely.

Then revisit trading him in the summer as an expiring contract.

What a dumb piece of ****. Worst return on investment on any contract we've ever given out?

Up there with Josh McRoberts

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast