Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by strahan92osi72 View Post
    Trier has his moments, no question. I'm not even saying he doesn't have a place on the roster. We're not talking about Frank here. But idk, I just think it's a stretch to say he's our best closer. He's streaky and can be really good. I see him tapping out as a good sixth man, like a JR Smith type player. Nothing wrong with that.
    I agree and even a good 6th man, plays every night. Every time we see Trier play extended minutes, he delivers. We've all seen it night after night so I just don't get what Fiz was doing. I could careless if he's taking last minute shots but he needs to play. That's why we had to put Morris in for practically the whole game.

But Ellington's off balance terrible shot selection 3's NEED TO GO.

BTW, I am fed up with seeing the Knicks get F'd by the refs. FED THE F UP. I can't stand the tick tack calls against the Knicks and Knox and Randle get hit and there's never a call. Knox needs to get tougher but he's probably a little timid cause he gets F'd nightly by refs.

Knicks LIVED in the paint all night and got NO CALLS. Knicks took double digit more 2 point shots than Spurs yet they shot 1/2 the amount of freethrows.
    Last edited by Bivory; 10-24-2019 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    I agree and even a good 6th man, plays every night. Every time we see Trier play extended minutes, he delivers. We've all seen it night after night so I just don't get what Fiz was doing. I could careless if he's taking last minute shots but he needs to play. That's why we had to put Morris in for practically the whole game.

But Ellington's off balance terrible shot selection 3's NEED TO GO.
    No argument here Wayne is trash. Fiz seems to have a vendetta against Trier for some reason. The moment Trier does one thing Fiz doesn't like, he hooks him. Even last year, I never thought those 2 were a match made in heaven. Not sold on Fiz at all, as I said in another post, this is not gonna be an easy team to coach and there's no throw away this year. He's either gonna sink or swim this year, and it'll happen fast. A lot of vets this year will call him out if they don't like something, and the kids developing is another huge factor.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Well for one thing Randle had 6 assists he has to be passing at least 6x lol....but he passes, and both had some nice looks that we just can't nail that open shot, Portis was found a few times wide, wide open and nothing to show for it.

As far as end of game right now, today? I'd go with Morris, and second option is RJ, let the kid get his feet wet, he just can't be stopped on his drives, so let's see how he handles end of game pressure.

I'm not sold on Trier for clutch end of game situations? I could be wrong but I like the other two options first.

Sad we all know we have no PG to ball in their hands in clutch moments.......
    I'll retract my comment about randle and myself back to my hole for now

Quote Originally Posted by strahan92osi72 View Post
    No argument here Wayne is trash. Fiz seems to have a vendetta against Trier for some reason. The moment Trier does one thing Fiz doesn't like, he hooks him. Even last year, I never thought those 2 were a match made in heaven. Not sold on Fiz at all, as I said in another post, this is not gonna be an easy team to coach and there's no throw away this year. He's either gonna sink or swim this year, and it'll happen fast. A lot of vets this year will call him out if they don't like something, and the kids developing is another huge factor.
    i mean he started him over the 3 PG's...lol. but our offense didn't look good out there without Payton TBH. it was awful with Trier & DSJR and we didn't really see much of Frank so.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    i mean he started him over the 3 PG's...lol. but our offense didn't look good out there without Payton TBH. it was awful with Trier & DSJR and we didn't really see much of Frank so.
    But how could Fiz expect the offense to look good. How much have RJ and Trier manned the backcourt together? It didn't happen all preseason. Usually, there's a pg in there with them but that's not the issue. The issue is Trier never getting off the bench again. How do you tell someone you outplayed everyone to start but since we started badly, you're designated to the bench? Its only game one so im not stressing but that needs to change.

this isn't about being on the Trier fan club. We need Trier to be our best.
    Last edited by Bivory; 10-24-2019 at 10:20 AM.

Nets game is going to be difficult. Not sure we can score like Wolves did and hope they shoot 50% from FT again.

But how could Fiz expect the offense to look good. How much have RJ and Trier manned the backcourt together? It didn't happen all preseason. Usually, there's a pg in there with them but that's not the issue. The issue is Trier never getting off the bench again. How do you tell someone you outplayed everyone to start but since we started badly, you're designated to the bench? Its only game one so im not stressing but that needs to change.

Neither today is a PG, you just won't accept that, I agree there is a place for Trier but Fiz tried something and it failed miserably.

small sample size but man you can see this was not going to work any time soon.

How about you bring Trier off the bench and let him snipe as a two guard. He can get minutes that way as RJ and Morris need to come off the court. Even if those two get 35 min that still leaves 26 minutes since you can move RJ to the three as well.

Eventually Fiz will have a tighter rotation but it's game one. Not sure why anyone is on Fiz for Frank's minutes, hello body language, he needed to sit the rest of the way. Hopefully Net game he do his usual against them.
    Same went for DSJ he played extra minutes he shouldn't have gotten, his body language said the same.

Funny about Frank, he can make a good pass but damn it's now his 3rd season and those easy passes he just gives teams pick 6's, this is not new. Frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    Nets game is going to be difficult. Not sure we can score like Wolves did and hope they shoot 50% from FT again.
    well I was kind of glad Kyrie went off, odds are he won't get 50 lol....go ahead I'm waiting, 60?

Trier is a bench guy, he's not the key to our success.

Biggest thing is RJ looks legit and someone we can build around. Ideally you want a defender, shooter, and secondary playmaker next to him who can share playmaking since you definitely want RJ as a playmaker as well.. someone like Brogdon who had 22 & 11 assists in 1st game last night...lol

Unless Frank turns into a very good shooter, I dont think that guy is on our roster right now.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Neither today is a PG, you just won't accept that, I agree there is a place for Trier but Fiz tried something and it failed miserably.

small sample size but man you can see this was not going to work any time soon.

How about you bring Trier off the bench and let him snipe as a two guard. He can get minutes that way as RJ and Morris need to come off the court. Even if those two get 35 min that still leaves 26 minutes since you can move RJ to the three as well.

Eventually Fiz will have a tighter rotation but it's game one. Not sure why anyone is on Fiz for Frank's minutes, hello body language, he needed to sit the rest of the way. Hopefully Net game he do his usual against them.
    Same went for DSJ he played extra minutes he shouldn't have gotten, his body language said the same.

Funny about Frank, he can make a good pass but damn it's now his 3rd season and those easy passes he just gives teams pick 6's, this is not new. Frustrating!
    Yeah, how about we do that and why aren't we? Ellington? That dude is no bueno.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Way to start the season off right with this thread Still.

We have to beat the Spurs tonight, Pop is talking shet already...

http://bleacherreport.com/post/san-a...8-322f404bb98a
    Thanks Boogie, appreciate it,

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Trier is a bench guy, he's not the key to our success.

Biggest thing is RJ looks legit and someone we can build around. Ideally you want a defender, shooter, and secondary playmaker next to him who can share playmaking since you definitely want RJ as a playmaker as well.. someone like Brogdon who had 22 & 11 assists in 1st game last night...lol

Unless Frank turns into a very good shooter, I dont think that guy is on our roster right now.
    Bench guys ARE keys to success but you guys are all missing the point. Right now, Trier isn't being treated as our 6th man. He's not getting minutes. Its game one but if the Knicks think they want to compete, Trier will need to be utilized. No question about it. How long do you think you can get away with playing RJ 35 minutes and Morris 39 minutes.

Yeah, how about we do that and why aren't we? Ellington? That dude is no bueno.
    Honestly last year, yea he was, not sure what happens when guy's like Ellington come here, those were some terrible shots, and that one forced up completely covered and we were on a roll, that hurt.

Bench guys ARE keys to success but you guys are all missing the point. Right now, Trier isn't being treated as our 6th man. He's not getting minutes. Its game one but if the Knicks think they want to compete, Trier will need to be utilized. No question about it. How long do you think you can get away with playing RJ 35 minutes and Morris 39 minutes.
    no reason RJ can't play 36mpg... we are so far from competing to worry about the bench. We have to establish a core first.

RJ is the 1st guy.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast