Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Trier is the best closer on this team. Not sure about Barrett although he is obviously impressive but Trier is the guy you give the ball to when you absolutely need a hoop. He needs to play. No buts or ifs about it. The entire team missed shots and couldn't hit ANYTHING in those first 6 minutes and it wasn't because Trier was hogging the ball. Thats just an excuse for the entire team playing like crap.

This team will never hits it's potential until Trier is getting 20 minutes a night.
    Yeea he got the Frank treatment. Short leashes. They both have to play. Dsj needs to get healthy

Quote Originally Posted by strahan92osi72 View Post
    Again tho, not this year. Last year what he did on a 17 win team isn't saying much. This year the Knicks have Randle and Morris, not to mention RJ who already looks like a boss in closing minutes. With the guys I mentioned, no way is he the best closer this year, and that's a good thing. If Trier was still the best closer, that's like saying they're still a 17 win team.
    So you're telling me with 10 seconds on the clock, down 2 points, you want to give the ball to Randle and not Trier? I can see Morris but Randle?? no way bruh RJ, we'll see

So you're telling me with 10 seconds on the clock, down 2 points, you want to give the ball to Randle and not Trier? I can see Morris but Randle?? no way bruh RJ, we'll see
    not sure why you think Trier is so much better than he is. did you see him miss 2 three's in 5 seconds that would have tied the last preseason game? he can score but he's not some ice cold killer that you make him out to be. I would 1000 times give teh ball to RJ late in the game just from what i've seen already.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Julius Randle is emerging into a star right before my eyes and everyone said Randle going to the Knicks was not going to be a good move in the off season or that he was a waste of a signing. Well, he clearly showed why he isn't. He put up 25, 11 and 6.

RJ Barrett is the truth and being Canadian like myself, he is showing that he is a real steal for the Knicks. In his debut he puts up 21, 5 and 2.
    I'm glad Randle finally got some recognition besides myself and Boogie lol.......it took a 25-11-6 game and still some don't even mention him? Morris is just solid and has been his entire career, here he'll get more opportunity to show case himself.

I watched DSJ in college, I watched him his rookie season, seems that guy is no longer playing. I hope somehow he finds himself like he keeps telling us but he look horrid preseason and game one.

RJ is a beast.........just have to love this kid.

Aldridge had some big shots just shooting over Portis, all I could think about was he was not getting that against Mitch.

And wow has Ellington looked bad as a Knick?

I'm not liking the Trier/RJ back court.......like to see Trier off the bench and come in for RJ, then RJ in for Morris, I like that rotation much better, RJ is not ready for PG duties, and Payton looks to have the job, at least as of Last night.

One game, we competed on the road, had the lead by 6 with 8 minutes to go, really can't be unhappy, I mean did anyone expect a Victory?

And nothing we can do but know he's coming in the future but against back courts like SA, Bullock is sorely missed.

I think we all really like Knox's growth on offense, his shot you just feel it going in, but damn that defense, DeRozan eyes just lit up.

On to the Nets, history says Frank should play he always has good games against them and they have a strong backcourt, we shall see.

You guys like Morris and randles statline but wait till a couple of games in and teams start picking up on their trends. They don't pass so they'll be easier to defend

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    not sure why you think Trier is so much better than he is. did you see him miss 2 three's in 5 seconds that would have tied the last preseason game? he can score but he's not some ice cold killer that you make him out to be. I would 1000 times give teh ball to RJ late in the game just from what i've seen already.
    That's because you judge things off of short sample sizes. We saw what Trier can do everytime he plays for any extended minutes. You have to look at the big picture and their overall game. RJ may be that guy but Im not sure yet. Trier is that guy. You can believe your eyes. I promise you.

The Knicks WILL NOT fulfill their potential until Trier is playing 20 minutes a night. Im not saying Trier is All World but I am saying, He's one of the best on the Knicks and we need that offensive play to compete at a higher level.

Bro you are seriously slighting Randle. Randle just had 25, 11, and 6 last night and scored 21, 9, and 3 last year. That's legit All Star numbers and he's still getting better. So yeah, absolutely Randle over Trier. The day Trier even averages anywhere close to those numbers is the day we all walk on water.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Lol I wouldnt. Agree with biv on this one. RJ isnt clutch in late game situations.......yet

Bro you are seriously slighting Randle. Randle just had 25, 11, and 6 last night and scored 21, 9, and 3 last year. That's legit All Star numbers and he's still getting better. So yeah, absolutely Randle over Trier. The day Trier even averages anywhere close to those numbers is the day we all walk on water.
    Ok, I can see that you don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    Yeea he got the Frank treatment. Short leashes. They both have to play. Dsj needs to get healthy
    You think that is why he played so poorly? I'd hope so, but I saw a player with no confidence what so ever, just like Frank.

I thought when he came in oh here we go again cross half court give it up and go sit in the corner? But Payton comes in and when he gave it up he went right back for the ball and ran the offense. The players don't look for either DSJ or Frank but they know to give it to Payton........that is a big statement for me at least.

If you mates don't have confidence in you, you are already behind the 8 ball.

Ok, I can see that you don't get it.
    Enlighten me. What's so special about Trier?

Enlighten me. What's so special about Trier?
    When teams have one possession to live, they usually give the ball to the most versatile, and best one on one player on the team. I'm not loving watching Randle go one on one. Trier is poetry in motion in one on one situations. It's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    You guys like Morris and randles statline but wait till a couple of games in and teams start picking up on their trends. They don't pass so they'll be easier to defend
    Well for one thing Randle had 6 assists he has to be passing at least 6x lol....but he passes, and both had some nice looks that we just can't nail that open shot, Portis was found a few times wide, wide open and nothing to show for it.

As far as end of game right now, today? I'd go with Morris, and second option is RJ, let the kid get his feet wet, he just can't be stopped on his drives, so let's see how he handles end of game pressure.

I'm not sold on Trier for clutch end of game situations? I could be wrong but I like the other two options first.

Sad we all know we have no PG to ball in their hands in clutch moments.......

When teams have one possession to live, they usually give the ball to the most versatile, and best one on one player on the team. I'm not loving watching Randle go one on one. Trier is poetry in motion in one on one situations. It's as simple as that.
    Trier has his moments, no question. I'm not even saying he doesn't have a place on the roster. We're not talking about Frank here. But idk, I just think it's a stretch to say he's our best closer. He's streaky and can be really good. I see him tapping out as a good sixth man, like a JR Smith type player. Nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Well for one thing Randle had 6 assists he has to be passing at least 6x lol....but he passes, and both had some nice looks that we just can't nail that open shot, Portis was found a few times wide, wide open and nothing to show for it.

As far as end of game right now, today? I'd go with Morris, and second option is RJ, let the kid get his feet wet, he just can't be stopped on his drives, so let's see how he handles end of game pressure.

I'm not sold on Trier for clutch end of game situations? I could be wrong but I like the other two options first.

Sad we all know we have no PG to ball in their hands in clutch moments.......
    True, I have to say tho, that bucket by RJ to beat the buzzer at the end of the 3rd got me very excited tho.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast