Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Jaylen Brown just signs a 28.7 million per year contract and scores 8pts in a lost to Philly when Knox has 13pts, RJ has 21pts, Randle has 25, Mook has 26pts... If the Knicks had made such a bad signing and he scored 8pts it would be headline news.... in Boston nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Canít defend Frank anymore. You just canít make those mistakes when given that opportunity.

Him and DSJ are both trainwrecks.

Biv was right - Payton is our only option right now.
    RJ starting may be the best option. Payton can backup. DJSJ isnít a PG IMO, he can be a scoring 2 off the bench. As far as Frank, enoughís enough. Heís trash let him go already.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Jaylen Brown just signs a 28.7 million per year contract and scores 8pts in a lost to Philly when Knox has 13pts, RJ has 21pts, Randle has 25, Mook has 26pts... If the Knicks had made such a bad signing and he scored 8pts it would be headline news.... in Boston nothing.
    Boston overpaid Brown.
    You donít have to be infallible to be better then the Knicks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Payton train. is rolling, but he isnt the long term option .

He will have plenty of duds and people will be soon calling for him to go to the bench

Real truth is this team has three backup point guards dont be fooled

Payton was good tonight just spitting the truth

The good, the bad and the ugly its still one game but you have to see the fight in some of these guys.

Morris is 30 you lock him up for 3 years with a team option in year three, you need vets on every roster, he's not 33 or older.
    And Morris wants to be a Knick he said so in his interview that he didn't sign to be a one and done, glad to hear that.

What we saw was a 27+ win team this year, and they will compete.

Both DSJ and Frank, it was sad to watch, seems they both can't handle the pressure and Payton just seemed more up to the task of competition.

I still say Bullock adds that element of being a two way player this team needs in the rotation for sure.

I repeat, Ellington is too one dimensional. Iso and DOT needs to get those minutes.

Ahem told a certain Ewing you guys had the best player from the last draft by far and i meant it... lets make the ****ing knicks great again

zion bullet dodged. congrats

Your Owner and Durant ****ed up TBH.... He will regret signing with the nets when he sees how well randle/Knox/RJ excel this season

Lmao frank only playes 3 mins, didnt even get his feet wet.

Trier got the start, but payton was clearly the starter, minutes show that pretty clearly.

I saw mostly what i expected tonight.

Biggest disapppontment is fizdales offense late.

His iso system is fine for most of the game, but when the game gets tight, he has no sets, doesnt change anything.

And that was the difference between us and the spurs. I wont knock fiz much, because this team needs time to build chemestry, but i saw zero coaching when the game got tight.

Tough loss, some thoughts:

RJ is a beast. Couldnít be happier with the pick. Heís arguably our best player already.

Payton impressed me tonight. Heís not great or anything obviously but I now believe he should start. At least for the time being.

Knox deserves time but should still be coming off the bench imo. Iíd like to give Dot more of a look over Ellington potentially. And I sort of feel like Taj maybe gives more than Portis, but I guess theyíre just two different players.

Payton-RJ-Morris-Randle-Mitchell
    Dot-Knox...

Iíll be curious to see Bullock when he comes back. DSJ & Frank both looked bad tonight, not sure what to make of it - just one game but... definitely just start Payton for now so we at least have an actual PG out there to start games.

RJ was certainly the most impressive part of tonight to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Tough loss, some thoughts:

RJ is a beast. Couldnít be happier with the pick. Heís arguably our best player already.

Payton impressed me tonight. Heís not great or anything obviously but I now believe he should start. At least for the time being.

Knox deserves time but should still be coming off the bench imo. Iíd like to give Dot more of a look over Ellington potentially. And I sort of feel like Taj maybe gives more than Portis, but I guess theyíre just two different players.

Payton-RJ-Morris-Randle-Mitchell
    Dot-Knox...

Iíll be curious to see Bullock when he comes back. DSJ & Frank both looked bad tonight, not sure what to make of it - just one game but... definitely just start Payton for now so we at least have an actual PG out there to start games.

RJ was certainly the most impressive part of tonight to me.
    Rj is such a bully at getting in the paint, and so skilled at finding an angle to throw it up. Exactly what I saw from him in college, hes everything i thought he would be. Said it all offseason, he will come in day 1 to make his stamp in this league, didnt disappoint.

Scary thing is If this team can get some real shooters and ballers around him, who give him more space and have better passing vision, and once RJ starts getting calls its over. RJ with real talent around him can be unstoppable. Hes got that kobe drive in him. That focus, that aggression.

This team messed up with how they treated KP, for sure they wont make the same mistake with RJ, he will be the face of this franchise for years.

RJ is the guy who will make NY a destination for the next generation of stars. RJ is so unique and has the "it factor" to go along with it, and wants to be a star in NY, all negativity around this franchise aside aside, the tank job last year worked perfectly.
    Last edited by TakeAnotherL; 10-24-2019 at 03:11 AM.

RJ's potential reminds me of Dwade. Keep grinding young fella. If RJ can put in the work we have a star.

Quote Originally Posted by Praise_Di_Yute View Post
    Payton train. is rolling, but he isnt the long term option .

He will have plenty of duds and people will be soon calling for him to go to the bench

Real truth is this team has three backup point guards dont be fooled

Payton was good tonight just spitting the truth
    This. The fact is Payton isn't really a starting caliber PG either. He can have a dud and Smith can score 25 Friday night and then the Smith train will roll in. Both these guys are quality players don't get me wrong, but not starting PG's. They are good bench players who are streaky. I know everyone is getting on Fiz about starting RJ at first, but I am not as against it for a couple of reasons. 1. There aren't any legit PG's- it was worth a try and RJ may be able to become one as the season goes on, but he's not ready. But I have my money on RJ eventually taking stranglehold of the job before any other option on the team. 2. The issue was fixed quickly. Fiz entered Payton not too late to where it ruined RJ's night and the Knicks were able to make some noise. 3. It didn't shake up RJ or the team, they still battled and RJ could've just had growing pains the first few minutes, could've happened even if he was starting at the 2 or 3. Now as far as Fiz, he's gonna have his hands full this year but it's a good thing. It will be blatantly obvious whether or not he can coach this team beyond this year. How he coaches the young guys and how he handles veterans, who will call him out if they don't like what's going on, how he handles that will shape his future. The likes of Morris, Randle, Payton, Portis, and Gibson are gonna have no problem speaking their minds, especially if their playing time gets cut. If Knox starts going off, he's gonna have to move Morris to bench, how does Fiz handle that? Portis will likely be backing up Mitch, how does Fiz handle that? Oh and only a matter of time before Trier shoots his mouth off, how does Fiz handle that? The PG rotation, how does he handle that? And most importantly, how do the young guys develop with him? Put up or shut up for Fiz this year and it'll either get ugly or awesome very fast. I'm on the fence right now.

Julius Randle is emerging into a star right before my eyes and everyone said Randle going to the Knicks was not going to be a good move in the off season or that he was a waste of a signing. Well, he clearly showed why he isn't. He put up 25, 11 and 6.

RJ Barrett is the truth and being Canadian like myself, he is showing that he is a real steal for the Knicks. In his debut he puts up 21, 5 and 2.

biggest and most important takeaway is that RJ looks like the real deal, i've honestly never seen a 19 year that finishes so well at the rim through contact.

gotta give it to Payton & Randle, they played great, not sold on their fit with RJ in the starting 5 but cant complain last night.

I wonder if things were easier for Randle with Mitch sitting? It was by far his best game so far. Portis sucks but at least he draws the big man out on the perimeter.

Frank just looked so nervous out there, as soon as he came in I knew he was gonna struggle, sometimes he has that confident look, sometimes its like last night.

DSJR IDK what to even make of him anymore, looks a bit out of shape and not as explosive and the shot just looks worse then ever.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast