Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Not allowed to do that. And the young players ARE learning.
    you are allowed to essentially forfeit games. Although, im not sure you would be able to phrase it like that....Well its basically the same thing as giving guys random rest games (load management games) when there is no actual injury. If you put enough guys on the IR, you8 are not allowed to play a game if you dont have at least 8 healthy bodies.

The only thing the young guys are learning is that losing is acceptable, and that the organization isnt concerned with their long term health if they are risking serious injury to throw a season away.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. You really don't understand how tanking works.
    one minute, you think its insane to suggest they are tanking. The next minute you are saying they are tanking. Honestly though- I am wondering what player in the draft they see that is worth stopping a dynasty for. There doesnt appear to be a lebron james or tim duncan level player coming out

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    you are allowed to essentially forfeit games. Although, im not sure you would be able to phrase it like that....Well its basically the same thing as giving guys random rest games (load management games) when there is no actual injury. If you put enough guys on the IR, you8 are not allowed to play a game if you dont have at least 8 healthy bodies.

The only thing the young guys are learning is that losing is acceptable, and that the organization isnt concerned with their long term health if they are risking serious injury to throw a season away.
    You can play a game without 8 healthy players, you just have to suit up 8 players.

The young guys are learning a lot more than just losing.

You are the last person I would listen to about health and injuries.

one minute, you think its insane to suggest they are tanking. The next minute you are saying they are tanking. Honestly though- I am wondering what player in the draft they see that is worth stopping a dynasty for. There doesnt appear to be a lebron james or tim duncan level player coming out
    You are insane in when you think they are tanking. In the 73 win season you were talking about them tanking. This year they were not trying to tank until Curry got hurt.

Dynasties don't stop in one year. Many teams have had down years and come back. The NBA salary structure makes it harder than ever to keep it going every year. The draft pick itself has value, but the player I like most for the Warriors right now is Deni Avdija ... great shooter and passer for his age, totally seems like the perfect Warrior type.

You are insane in when you think they are tanking. In the 73 win season you were talking about them tanking. This year they were not trying to tank until Curry got hurt.

Dynasties don't stop in one year. Many teams have had down years and come back. The NBA salary structure makes it harder than ever to keep it going every year. The draft pick itself has value, but the player I like most for the Warriors right now is Deni Avdija ... great shooter and passer for his age, totally seems like the perfect Warrior type.
    you do realize that their record actually got better after curry left. They have a higher winning percentage

Also- both buikee and fitz have repeatedly said the warriors are not tanking (after the curry injury).... they also seem to believe that its a ton of fun to watch the garbage that joe lacob and company are trying to pass off as an NBA game

you do realize that their record actually got better after curry left. They have a higher winning percentage
    Yay?

Also- both buikee and fitz have repeatedly said the warriors are not tanking (after the curry injury).... they also seem to believe that its a ton of fun to watch the garbage that joe lacob and company are trying to pass off as an NBA game
    You do realize they are both employees of the team right? Nobody can admit it or they get in trouble. The only reason the rest issue came up was because Pop put "DNP Old" down for Tim Duncan. It's all PR BS.

You do realize they are both employees of the team right? Nobody can admit it or they get in trouble. The only reason the rest issue came up was because Pop put "DNP Old" down for Tim Duncan. It's all PR BS.
    I realize they work for the warriors, and they wont come out and say they are tanking..... however- coming out and emphatically saying the exact opposite isnt whats required either is it?

I realize they work for the warriors, and they wont come out and say they are tanking..... however- coming out and emphatically saying the exact opposite isnt whats required either is it?
    Cogent analysis is not something to listen to them about ANYTHING.

So watching the game last night- it looked like Joe Lacob was happy when they sealed the win with like 1:14 in regulation. Then again- it looked like he was happy after they won the game.

If the players are trying to win.... but the organization and the front office are trying to lose to secure a high draft pick, why on earth would lacob be happy about that? Or is he just putting on a show for the players to see so it looks like he supports them and their efforts? SO yes scoots- in that saense.... I guess I dont understand the exact objectives of tanking

So watching the game last night- it looked like Joe Lacob was happy when they sealed the win with like 1:14 in regulation. Then again- it looked like he was happy after they won the game.

If the players are trying to win.... but the organization and the front office are trying to lose to secure a high draft pick, why on earth would lacob be happy about that? Or is he just putting on a show for the players to see so it looks like he supports them and their efforts? SO yes scoots- in that saense.... I guess I dont understand the exact objectives of tanking
    Tanking is devalued considerably from the past. They want to have one of the worst records, but it's still fun to win. If they lose every game it will hurt too much.

I do wish they could go over the cap so they could bring in a bunch more players to look at over the season. Unfortunately that, and the limited number of days for the 2-way players is going to make the season get even worse later this year.

I do wish they could go over the cap so they could bring in a bunch more players to look at over the season. Unfortunately that, and the limited number of days for the 2-way players is going to make the season get even worse later this year.
    thats kind of the purpose of the D league though, isnt it?

ALso- Scoots, where do you think Steve Kerr lands on tanking. Would he prefer to win games or lose games? He seemed frusterated when they made a mistake down the stretch and hurt his hand on the clippboard..... so that would make me think he wants to win. However- I read something the other day saying that him, Joe Lacob and Bob Myers are all on the same page......

Tanking really messes with the culture of the team and the optical view to outside fans as to what the teams goals are. I still maintain that it isnt fair to charge what they do for tickets if they arent putting out a good product..... and having a sincere interest in winning games is part of a good product.

I know you say that this is 1 yr and next yr they are gonna be back in contention- but what if curry gets hurt again..... then they throw that season away too? thats how they went from 1995-2007.... they just kept finding reasons to throw away the season and thats where this could lead

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast