Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    the warriors may be int he post season afterall. they are playing classics on espn now.

So, it turns out the Warriors tanked EXACTLY the right year. Nobody wins the title, none of the games mattered. The only thing to win this year was the draft and the Warriors are in first place.

Light years ahead baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    So, it turns out the Warriors tanked EXACTLY the right year. Nobody wins the title, none of the games mattered. The only thing to win this year was the draft and the Warriors are in first place.

Light years ahead baby.
    Also worth noting that the warriors were conscious of the social distancing rule all year long. They reduced Ron Adams role and the 6 foot (or more ) rule was clearly a point of emphasis in their defensive game plan.

Light years ahead of the curve.....

and not a single person in the organization has died from the corona virus

Should steph play if the season re starts? I remember before all of this was happening, they were saying it would be good to get wiggins playing with steph for 10 games or so. But now they are saying there might just be 4 or 5 regular season games to get teams warmed up for playoffs. Warriors would have literally nothing to play for..... but is getting steph and wiggins time together with the rest of the squad worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Should steph play if the season re starts? I remember before all of this was happening, they were saying it would be good to get wiggins playing with steph for 10 games or so. But now they are saying there might just be 4 or 5 regular season games to get teams warmed up for playoffs. Warriors would have literally nothing to play for..... but is getting steph and wiggins time together with the rest of the squad worth it?
    I doubt they run any of the starters out there unless the NBA requires it.

I doubt they run any of the starters out there unless the NBA requires it.
    most likely- but it just seems like we are wasting a lot of time right in the middle of currys prime

most likely- but it just seems like we are wasting a lot of time right in the middle of currys prime
    Just the same 1 season as it's been all along.

just heard the warriors have a lot of extra time to coordinate a a trade to use their trade exception for iggy. Could be a good time to use it considering the cap is expected to drop next season because of the lack of revenue this year. A lot of teams might be trying to shed salary. The question is- will the ownership find a way to use it or try and save money themselves at the expense of succeeding next yr.

just heard the warriors have a lot of extra time to coordinate a a trade to use their trade exception for iggy. Could be a good time to use it considering the cap is expected to drop next season because of the lack of revenue this year. A lot of teams might be trying to shed salary. The question is- will the ownership find a way to use it or try and save money themselves at the expense of succeeding next yr.
    They went from 24 hours to a week, but it hasn't started yet.

And the cap doesn't matter as they can only fit players on existing contracts into it, IIRC they can't sign players to new contracts with it.

The TPE is probably the best asset the team has to improve the team for next year, and they know it and have said it so I have no doubt they will try to use it, but with the cap being such a problem next year they may have more trouble than usual finding a dance partner to get players.

They went from 24 hours to a week, but it hasn't started yet.

And the cap doesn't matter as they can only fit players on existing contracts into it, IIRC they can't sign players to new contracts with it.

The TPE is probably the best asset the team has to improve the team for next year, and they know it and have said it so I have no doubt they will try to use it, but with the cap being such a problem next year they may have more trouble than usual finding a dance partner to get players.
    So I might be confused, or heard it being explained wrong on the radio. If the cap is going down and team dont have as much space as they thought they would have 6 months ago. Wouldn't that open up more of a market for the trade exception? (Granted- they still might not get the offers they want but they should get more teams listening? ) Also- can a trade exception be used in a 3 team deal with other golden state players?

Are the warriors able to discuss trades with non playoff teams before the off season? I was thinking betwen late august and mid october- that would be a good time for discussions considering teams will know their draft positions.

So I might be confused, or heard it being explained wrong on the radio. If the cap is going down and team dont have as much space as they thought they would have 6 months ago. Wouldn't that open up more of a market for the trade exception? (Granted- they still might not get the offers they want but they should get more teams listening? ) Also- can a trade exception be used in a 3 team deal with other golden state players?

Are the warriors able to discuss trades with non playoff teams before the off season? I was thinking betwen late august and mid october- that would be a good time for discussions considering teams will know their draft positions.
    Iíd agree, I think the cap issues and lack of venue for so long will end up giving us more dance partners.

Iím not 100% but I donít believe it can be used with our players just picks.

I also do t know for sure but I donít see why they couldnít talk just canít execute anything.

I'm not sure trade talks are ever not allowed. As far as I know they can't sign players and use the TPE but they can trade for players using the TPE. The downside for the Warriors and the lower cap could be that teams are not going to be able to sign players to fill their roster with no FA money to spend may choose to keep the players they have under contract.

Likewise teams short on money may well make more players available.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425