Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

2019-2020 Season

Season starts tomorrow and it would be nice to open the season with a win at chase center. Clippers will be here without paul george. warriors will have 3 all stars to 1 for toronto and be at home. LOl Im just hoping they can compete, but we will be able to tell if this yr is going to be a tankfest very early

Toronto?

No Tank-o-meter for game 1.

This team is going to take some time to get going is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Toronto?

No Tank-o-meter for game 1.

This team is going to take some time to get going is my guess.
    problem is- they could get barried in the west if they fall too far behind and then we might have guys just kinda give up on the season. For instance- If klay looks at the teams record in March and they are 24-39 and in the 12th spot in the west- klay might not want to rush back (IE- sort of tanking), same thing if curry tweaks an ankle in march- he might just sit out the year. So the way to avoid that is just win games early and dont tank. 3 all stars on the floor and a great coach like kerr- should be a playoff team if all that is legit.

Losers say its gonna take some time. winners put together teams on the fly and get it done like the clippers and lakers this summer

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    problem is- they could get barried in the west if they fall too far behind and then we might have guys just kinda give up on the season. For instance- If klay looks at the teams record in March and they are 24-39 and in the 12th spot in the west- klay might not want to rush back (IE- sort of tanking), same thing if curry tweaks an ankle in march- he might just sit out the year. So the way to avoid that is just win games early and dont tank. 3 all stars on the floor and a great coach like kerr- should be a playoff team if all that is legit.

Losers say its gonna take some time. winners put together teams on the fly and get it done like the clippers and lakers this summer
    You still don't know what tanking is.

Winners don't put teams together on the fly most of the time, they develop a team and a culture and players over time.

There are no guarantees, but this Warriors team is really inexperienced, young, and they are going to struggle at times.

Is LeBron a winner? Did the Heat win the title the first year they built a super team?

Golden State have the Cyborg...the Terminator of the NBA, Kawhi coming to town tonight...Warriors are at home tonight in the new arena in San Francisco for the first time!!! Either way I can't wait to see this game

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Golden State have the Cyborg...the Terminator of the NBA, Kawhi coming to town tonight...Warriors are at home tonight in the new arena in San Francisco for the first time!!! Either way I can't wait to see this game
    It's not Kawhi but the team that is interesting about the Clippers to me.

Looking forward to see what both teams bring.

What Kawhi has shown is that you don't need an abundance of star players to win. On paper, the Clippers were well overmatched with Lebron and Davis. What is importance is having the right players off the bench and the Lakers' bench isn't good. So Im not focused on the loss of Klay. With Curry, Russell and Draymond I think that starting unit will be just fine against even the best line ups. Its the loss of Livingston and Iguodala that worries me the most. If Kerr can put guys like Spellman, Evans and Poole in positions to play well off the bench, then I think the Warriors will be severely overlooked. Many have them as 6th or 7th seed in the West. I think they can still be 3rd or 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    What Kawhi has shown is that you don't need an abundance of star players to win. On paper, the Clippers were well overmatched with Lebron and Davis. What is importance is having the right players off the bench and the Lakers' bench isn't good. So Im not focused on the loss of Klay. With Curry, Russell and Draymond I think that starting unit will be just fine against even the best line ups. Its the loss of Livingston and Iguodala that worries me the most. If Kerr can put guys like Spellman, Evans and Poole in positions to play well off the bench, then I think the Warriors will be severely overlooked. Many have them as 6th or 7th seed in the West. I think they can still be 3rd or 4th.
    I don't want them that high ... I want them to keep their 1st round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    Im not sure the warriors make the playoffs to be honest... Opening night in a brand new arena. regardlesss of what role players you have.... with all the all stars and decent coaching- warriors should be able to keep this atleast from getting out of hand. its not like the clippers are making a bunch of tuff shots either- warriors have no problem leaving guys wide open (frequently at the rim) and the warriors dont seem to be interested in making open shots themselves. The front office is going to have to make some stuff happen here if they want to compete this yr- esp if klay sits all year. Im not sure willie cali stein is going to be enough.

They may need to trade draymond- everyone says hes such a great defensive player but I honestly couldnt find a guy he was locking up tonight.

sad part is- warriors were favored by one going into this game..... its a flat out tank fest. Looks like the warriors from 1995-2007

Only good thing I got from this game was Eric Paschal. That guy is a player and will be a very good pro. Mark my words like a lot of my other predictions (including Draymond Green, Steph Curry and Klay Thompson)

I agree: Draymond was MIA on defense and his intensity was lackluster as well. Didnít play like himself. He usually needs a couple of weeks to round into shape.

I do think Willie Cayley Stein will help a lot, and we truly need a proven veteran but I donít see Iggy walking into Chase Center this year.

sad part is- warriors were favored by one going into this game..... its a flat out tank fest. Looks like the warriors from 1995-2007
    Not sure who had them favored except for Candace Parker because I certainly didnít. If they were favored then that was a smart money move by the gamblers in Vegas because thereís no way they match up with that Clippers team undermanned like we were tonight

its more frustrating though. the result looked like the tanking days of 1995-2007..... but in those years we didnt have 3 all stars and a 2 time mvp on the roster. Heck- 1 year our best 3 players were 39 yr old Terry Cummings, 34 yr old John Starks and Donyell Marshall

This yr .... the issue might be more about lack of effort than lack of talent

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Only good thing I got from this game was Eric Paschal. That guy is a player and will be a very good pro. Mark my words like a lot of my other predictions (including Draymond Green, Steph Curry and Klay Thompson)
    individual stats mean nothing- question is- will he help the warriors win basketball games. That needs to be a priority across the roster

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast