Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Stylez, yes he's aware of the tank. He straight up said he was changing his playing style in an effort to develop the young players around him. He's being more passive to push them to do more.

No question it's not a great look, but Kerr told him he's a coach on the floor, and I don't think Dray ever cared about numbers.
    its just annoying that when i showed concern as to whether draymond would have the appropriate level of motivation after the pending contract was taken off the table. Everyone said we didnt need to worry about draymond and he was a true competitor and bla bla bla.... funny nobody was painting this picture for me

AND please stop saying "well curry got injured and stuff changed"- THATS absolute BS. Draymond is responsible to earn draymonds contract. curry injured has nothing to do with anything. Aside from that- draymond didnt look like a superstar during pre season or early in the season when curry was healthy either.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    its just annoying that when i showed concern as to whether draymond would have the appropriate level of motivation after the pending contract was taken off the table. Everyone said we didnt need to worry about draymond and he was a true competitor and bla bla bla.... funny nobody was painting this picture for me

Heís not being paid super star money. Not even close. Dubs got a fair deal based on his value to our team. There are far less accomplished players that make far more than Draymond
    AND please stop saying "well curry got injured and stuff changed"- THATS absolute BS. Draymond is responsible to earn draymonds contract. curry injured has nothing to do with anything. Aside from that- draymond didnt look like a superstar during pre season or early in the season when curry was healthy either.
    Draymondís not getting super star money, not even close. Dubs got a good deal based on his value to this team. There are far less accomplished players who make way more and just show up to complete an 82 game season then they go on vacation. Draymondís been competing at a high level since day one that he got into the league. Letís be clear. Heís not playing to his potential right now but thereís no doubt that the people that say we wouldíve won with Draymond in that second Finals series against the Cavs are most likely right. The consensus says he was the difference maker in that series prior to being suspended.

It was and still is a BS concern.

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Draymondís not getting super star money, not even close. Dubs got a good deal based on his value to this team. There are far less accomplished players who make way more and just show up to complete an 82 game season then they go on vacation. Draymondís been competing at a high level since day one that he got into the league. Letís be clear. Heís not playing to his potential right now but thereís no doubt that the people that say we wouldíve won with Draymond in that second Finals series against the Cavs are most likely right. The consensus says he was the difference maker in that series prior to being suspended.
    this is a what have you done for me lately league.... dont worry about what people say draymonds value was during the 2016 finals. Clearly he has fallen off since then- look at his plus/minus right this season? Im not the only one who doesnt expect him to make an all defensive team this year or be a nominee for defensive player of the yr?

this is a what have you done for me lately league.... dont worry about what people say draymonds value was during the 2016 finals. Clearly he has fallen off since then- look at his plus/minus right this season? Im not the only one who doesnt expect him to make an all defensive team this year or be a nominee for defensive player of the yr?
    This season is different. He's not trying to play the same game.

This season is different. He's not trying to play the same game.
    Last season during the regular season- Draymonds game appeared to decline as well. I know when you have multiple MVP level players on your team- you might be able to coast through the regular season and still make the playoffs...... but the new warriors arent going to have as much talent and draymond is going to have to start pulling his weight night in and night out...... or they wont survive until the playoffs.

The concern is- draymond isnt getting any younger and this contract will end when he is 35 yrs old.

another interesting note. Curry might not be in on the tank because during the broadcast against the magic- he seemed like he was in favor of the warriors winning that game and would actually prefer to win rather than lose..... which is the exact opposite of being in on the tank.

another interesting note. Curry might not be in on the tank because during the broadcast against the magic- he seemed like he was in favor of the warriors winning that game and would actually prefer to win rather than lose..... which is the exact opposite of being in on the tank.
    Nope

Nope
    if trying to win games is not the opposite of tanking? couldnt we just win and say we were tanking so everyone wins?

if trying to win games is not the opposite of tanking? couldnt we just win and say we were tanking so everyone wins?
    No

Can not believe the warriors didnt foul when they were up 3 last night. Esp with damian Lillard having the kind of game he was having- I wouldnt even worry about the time on the clock (IE trying to wait until under 5 seconds)- foul on the inbound in the back court.... do not allow a 3 to go up. I listened to steve kerr a year or 2 back and he said he did believe in fouling when up 3.

Can not believe the warriors didnt foul when they were up 3 last night. Esp with damian Lillard having the kind of game he was having- I wouldnt even worry about the time on the clock (IE trying to wait until under 5 seconds)- foul on the inbound in the back court.... do not allow a 3 to go up. I listened to steve kerr a year or 2 back and he said he did believe in fouling when up 3.
    Time left does matter. If it's more than 30 seconds or so left you play defense. There was a minute left in the game then.

Time left does matter. If it's more than 30 seconds or so left you play defense. There was a minute left in the game then.
    when damian lillard made the 3 to tie the game, there was like 21 seconds when he inbounded. I have seen damian hit game tying and game winning shots too many times to allow that. I would rather take my chances with the free throw game... then allow lillard to get a clean look in that situation. Or if they diodnt want to foul- blitz lillard with 2-3 guys and force him to pass the ball (preferably to someone at the rim)

when damian lillard made the 3 to tie the game, there was like 21 seconds when he inbounded. I have seen damian hit game tying and game winning shots too many times to allow that. I would rather take my chances with the free throw game... then allow lillard to get a clean look in that situation. Or if they diodnt want to foul- blitz lillard with 2-3 guys and force him to pass the ball (preferably to someone at the rim)
    He made it with 58 seconds left in the game.

He made it with 58 seconds left in the game.
    wrong- i am talking about the 3 that tied the game up in regulation and forced overtime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjc3Cx0iR3w

its someones cell phone video from the stands but it looks like there are 13.5 seconds left after his make..... and he was being guarded by alec burkes 1 on 1 for like 5 seconds straight.

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast