Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by coolbeans View Post
    whos the undrafted player youre talking about?
    damian lee... Wait was he drafted?

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    damian lee... Wait was he drafted?
    Hes been in the system for a while now. I didnt consider his draft position since hes proven his worth in the league and has some deep playoff experience. Hes better than Quinn Cook and so is Ky Bowman. Both guys are gems we harvested

none but they could look to move someone for a second round pick or something
    Yes, and I talked about them doing a trade, but I think they wanted to move now, and they wanted to give Criss the choice of where to go next. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to re-sign him this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Evans is solid but replaceable. Hes going to be a good 9th man defensive guard but nothing more. I hope Im wrong but I wouldve looked to move him for a 2nd
    He's got a good all around game, but he thinks too much and isn't an elite athlete. He could be a lot better in a year or two. He shouldn't be seen as a key but no reason to throw cheap talent away either.

so you want to trade a 1st round pick that our scouting staff picked for a second round pick? Then you wonder why I have concerns as to whether we are going to get a good enough player in 2020 to justify wasting a season.
    It's not just about the draft pick. The Warriors have been pushing hard every year so they have stuggled to develop players. They lost Nunn because they were trying to win now. Iguodala and Livingston were OLD, KD was gone, Klay was down ... they planned to use this year to develop players to fill those holes that were so evident the last couple years that they were paper thin.

We don't know how the players on the roster are going to work next year yet let alone how the roster is going to change. You are assuming this team without Curry and Klay could make noise in the playoffs and then contend for a title next year, but the only way that happens is if they focused on veterans and pushed them hard ... but that isn't the plan.

And it's not JUST tanking to get a better draft pick, it's tanking to keep the draft pick at all.

just funny how you guys are terrified of trading a first round pick for a 24 yr old 3 time all star....but completely on board with trading a first round pick for a second round pick and the ability to sign an undrafted player.
    I don't think anyone is terrified of anything here.

Trading a player picked at the end of the 1st round is wildly different than trading the #1 pick for the next year ... you are comparing Dan Dickau (28th pick in 2002) and LeBron James (1st pick in 2003).

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    He's got a good all around game, but he thinks too much and isn't an elite athlete. He could be a lot better in a year or two. He shouldn't be seen as a key but no reason to throw cheap talent away either.
    Chriss is better than Evans to me in terms of versatility and talent

Love the Dan Dickau reference

Chriss is better than Evans to me in terms of versatility and talent
    Physical talent and size most certainly. I think the team were very careful with him and want him back, and from what he's said Criss is good with the team too. The Warriors need to get a final handle on their bigs this year to be able to plan next year.

Love the Dan Dickau reference
    You know, it's funny ... we had 7 years of great Warriors play, 5 finals appearances, and 3 titles. It was REALLY fun to be following that team.

But I've always been a fan of talent acquisition, and for that this year has been really fun while the last 4 years have been pretty thin on finding and developing talent, which is why I'm really enjoying this year even with the struggles.

Smiley I watched in the GL and was hopeful they'd get him ... I do wish they didn't have to pay to go get him, but ces't la vie. I like that in the NBA he's still super confident and aggressive. I suspect he's going to struggle with collecting fouls for a while. And he's SO young. I think they are going to struggle to keep him off the floor in the coming years, and it will be interesting to see him and Green get to know each other.

Poole has shown he's willing on D at least, and his vision and athleticism are better than I expected. His shooting, of course, has been terrible, but that was one skill I wasn't worried about. I hope he can claim more PT in the 2nd half of the year, maybe with Burks leaving (I expect) Poole will get some of those minutes.

Paschall is a much better defender and rebounder than I expected, and his offensive game has translated better than I expected to the NBA too. His body is too soft and with pro trainers and Green on his back I expect him to be a major rotational player soon.

Bowman fits the Barbosa mold of a slashing downhill scorer and okay outside shooter that I think they've been trying to find is quicker and more physical than Nunn and a better shooter potentially. I think he can be that Barbosa type bench scorer and spot starter.

Evans understands the game but seems to struggle to get out of his own way. 4th guard and a guy the coach can bring in to stabilize the bench team on both ends.

Spellman has decent size and decent athleticism as long as he's in shape. He's a much better rebounder and defender than I expected. I like his future in the NBA and hopefully with the Warriors.

Lee he's been much more aggressive this year and his shooting has improved. Pretty good indication of what can happen when players not ready for the NBA get time to develop.

The fact that the Warriors have 7 players who have less than 2 years of experience is a major change and is pretty interesting.

I could see the starting front line next year being Paschall, Green, Smiley/Spellman ... not that it's any kind of certainty, but possible. I think the backcourt should be Curry/Klay getting 30 minutes a game.

Add to that DLo or whatever comes from him and a very high draft pick or whatever comes from him and this team should be very good.

Looney's injuries are a major concern, but hopefully the team doctors have a good handle on it and they know if they can keep him relatively healthy or not.

WCS is underwhelming as a starter ... he just seems okay. I don't know what the team thinks about him really.

I really find this kind of amazing how quick the team could reset and compete.

Well, this seems like the Warriors are cheating. They cut Chriss to sign Lee form his two-way to a full contract, then sign Chriss to a two-way. I wonder if people will be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Well, this seems like the Warriors are cheating. They cut Chriss to sign Lee form his two-way to a full contract, then sign Chriss to a two-way. I wonder if people will be pissed.
    do you think there could be a plan to trade someone before the deadline and open up enough cap space to sign both of them?

Who would get pissed- it isnt like the move creates an insurmountable advantage for the dubs

do you think there could be a plan to trade someone before the deadline and open up enough cap space to sign both of them?

Who would get pissed- it isnt like the move creates an insurmountable advantage for the dubs
    guess not- lee was just signed... 2 a 3 yr deal

In March they have enough money to sign Chriss to a full contract, and as soon as the league year ends they are released from this cap hell.

Fans of other teams could be annoyed by the Warriors not losing talent they are supposed to lose ... maybe they want them on their team.

guess not- lee was just signed... 2 a 3 yr deal
    That was a done deal when Chriss was released.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast