Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 319
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    11,115
    Didn’t expect them to release Chriss. I hope dude ends up being really good and the dubs regret losing him tbh. Seemed like he just needs a spot to land a lot like D Lo (without the talent)

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,574
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Didn’t expect them to release Chriss. I hope dude ends up being really good and the dubs regret losing him tbh. Seemed like he just needs a spot to land a lot like D Lo (without the talent)
    I don't think they wanted to lose him but wanted Lee more which makes sense. The hard cap is rough.

    The release lets him choose his next team, it's a favor to him rather than trading him for a conditional 2nd round pick.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,248
    They have plenty of wing type players in Evans, Burks, Poole, Russell and Robinson. Cauley-Stein has been prone to injury which is where Chriss has value. So wouldn't it of made sense to let one of those wings go instead of Chriss?

    Burks isn't going to be here beyond this season if he doesn't get traded. He's making $2.3M while you have guys like Tony Snell and Andre Roberson making $10M. After this season, I think teams would be willing to give him that type of money to be a solid bench player. Poole is signed through 2024. He's a guy I would be playing heavy minutes for development this season.

    So how much influence does Curry have? After all, Lee is his sister's husband.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,525
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    They have plenty of wing type players in Evans, Burks, Poole, Russell and Robinson. Cauley-Stein has been prone to injury which is where Chriss has value. So wouldn't it of made sense to let one of those wings go instead of Chriss?

    Burks isn't going to be here beyond this season if he doesn't get traded. He's making $2.3M while you have guys like Tony Snell and Andre Roberson making $10M. After this season, I think teams would be willing to give him that type of money to be a solid bench player. Poole is signed through 2024. He's a guy I would be playing heavy minutes for development this season.

    So how much influence does Curry have? After all, Lee is his sister's husband.
    Lee deserves a spot over Criss- regardless of steph curry's influence. BTW most guys dont get along with their little sisters husband that great.

    I agree though there were better candidates to unload for lee to make the team

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,574
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    They have plenty of wing type players in Evans, Burks, Poole, Russell and Robinson. Cauley-Stein has been prone to injury which is where Chriss has value. So wouldn't it of made sense to let one of those wings go instead of Chriss?

    Burks isn't going to be here beyond this season if he doesn't get traded. He's making $2.3M while you have guys like Tony Snell and Andre Roberson making $10M. After this season, I think teams would be willing to give him that type of money to be a solid bench player. Poole is signed through 2024. He's a guy I would be playing heavy minutes for development this season.

    So how much influence does Curry have? After all, Lee is his sister's husband.
    Yeah, I would have preferred to trade Burks, but I suspect they were/are trying to make that trade, but they ran out of time on Lee.

    Chances are Burks and Robinson are gone next year and they want Lee long term (because of his performance, not because of Curry ... or not JUST because of Curry).

    The player I'd have moved first was WCS but cutting him wouldn't free any money up. The only player they could get money by cutting was Criss.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,574
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Lee deserves a spot over Criss- regardless of steph curry's influence. BTW most guys dont get along with their little sisters husband that great.

    I agree though there were better candidates to unload for lee to make the team
    Which other player on the roster has a non-guaranteed contract?

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Which other player on the roster has a non-guaranteed contract?
    none but they could look to move someone for a second round pick or something

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    11,115
    Yea I agree with everything that’s been said. After a move like that makes me certain that there’s a trade coming involving the players mentioned.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    11,115
    Evans is solid but replaceable. He’s going to be a good 9th man defensive guard but nothing more. I hope I’m wrong but I would’ve looked to move him for a 2nd

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,525
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Evans is solid but replaceable. He’s going to be a good 9th man defensive guard but nothing more. I hope I’m wrong but I would’ve looked to move him for a 2nd
    so you want to trade a 1st round pick that our scouting staff picked for a second round pick? Then you wonder why I have concerns as to whether we are going to get a good enough player in 2020 to justify wasting a season.

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    11,115
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    so you want to trade a 1st round pick that our scouting staff picked for a second round pick? Then you wonder why I have concerns as to whether we are going to get a good enough player in 2020 to justify wasting a season.
    If it helped us to keep Chriss (a former lotto pick) then yes I’d move one of the guards and he’s the most replaceable. Of course I’d rather cut Robinson because he’s gone after this season but that wouldn’t be a good business move because he’s played well and the league would notice and two, it probably isn’t feasible given a future trade scenario that probably includes him. Or maybe they see a way to bring either him or Burks back next year and I do think they’d be good by keeping at least one

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,525
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    If it helped us to keep Chriss (a former lotto pick) then yes I’d move one of the guards and he’s the most replaceable. Of course I’d rather cut Robinson because he’s gone after this season but that wouldn’t be a good business move because he’s played well and the league would notice and two, it probably isn’t feasible given a future trade scenario that probably includes him. Or maybe they see a way to bring either him or Burks back next year and I do think they’d be good by keeping at least one
    just saying if our first round picks arent even worth other first round picks after 2 yrs developing them... im not sure we are getting adaquet talent with our picks

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,525
    just funny how you guys are terrified of trading a first round pick for a 24 yr old 3 time all star....but completely on board with trading a first round pick for a second round pick and the ability to sign an undrafted player.

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    11,115
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    just saying if our first round picks arent even worth other first round picks after 2 yrs developing them... im not sure we are getting adaquet talent with our picks
    Yes I see. But given that they needed a guard at pick 28 that year, Evans has ended up being the most quality player taken at that point in the draft. I think at any position, Evans and Mitchell Robinson are the better players picked at that point in the draft. Evans was a good pick by the Warriros.

    And I’m sure they didn’t think Durant would spurn them truthfully, everything wooiod clearly be different if he remained a Warrior. Tbh, he probably doesn’t get injured if he signed his deal prior to the season like most players would’ve done

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    11,115
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    just funny how you guys are terrified of trading a first round pick for a 24 yr old 3 time all star....but completely on board with trading a first round pick for a second round pick and the ability to sign an undrafted player.
    Who’s the undrafted player you’re talking about?

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •