Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Celtics Trade Ideas 2019-20

Celtics trade: SF Gordon Hayward, PG Romeo Langford and a 1st round draft pick lottery protected to the Thunder for C Steven Adams

its a shame there really isn't a dominant superstar that we can actually trade for.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    its a shame there really isn't a dominant superstar that we can actually trade for.

Yeah havent had enough of those rumors the past few years lol

One player Id like is Sabonis. For Langford maybe? I know he just got a extension so not sure how the trade value is on that with all the CBA stuff.

Going to be interesting to see what Hayward does, does he regain his form to make a contender bite near the deadline? Or enough to where hed opt out next year for a longer deal(here or elsewhere)? Or does he suck it up on the bench getting paid bank next season??

Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    Yeah havent had enough of those rumors the past few years lol
    sadly none of them were actually executed. Davis + Leonard would have been the dream.

I would want Sabonis for us

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Celtics trade: SF Gordon Hayward, PG Romeo Langford and a 1st round draft pick lottery protected to the Thunder for C Steven Adams
    Which #1?

Hayward and Langford make about $8.5M more than Adams, so the trade is liable to fail the trade machine

Who is OKC going to use for a starting Center? Noel is a weak back-up

Adams doesn't shot 3's something the C's like.

All that being said I'd do the trade if we took out Langford, and were using C's '20 pick (liable to be 20-24 range), but why would OKC do the deal? Makes no sense for them.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Or we can trade for D'Angelo Russell or who else is available

I think the highest ceiling for this team is keeping the wings/guards. In fact, Id look to add one more whos a knock down shooter. Ive read Bogdanovic in SAC could be available.

My vision would be to embrace a perimeter oriented offense and just rely on gritty inside work. Ive been super impressed with Robert Williams and Grant Williams this year. Ive also long been a believer in Theis as a rotation piece. Between the 3 of them I think you can get 48 quality dirty work minutes at center and 15-20 minutes of 2 big man lineups when you want it.

Langford and Kanter (salary) with maybe a pick to SAC for Bogdonovic would set us up with Kemba/Tatum/Hayward/Brown/Smart and him all rotating on the perimeter. Well always have great offensive skill and shooting out there. Our Centers wont have to be great, just role players.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Not a this season thing but Id be interested in 2 guys this offseason - Drummond and Myles Turner. Matching salaries isnt feasible mid season but in the offseason I think it can.

Ill start with Drummond. Hes a FA. Itd be a S&T. Theis at $5M expiring gives DESt a good rotational big. Wanamaker is playing well as a reserve guard and could be included in a S&T at about MLE money - lets say $7.5M. Romeo Langford is surplus here but gives DET a young guy with upside at another $3.6M. Throw in one of our later firsts at about $1-2M and we can pay Drummond on a long term deal at $20-25M.

Myles Turner is the ideal fit though. Wed need that MEM pick to convey in the top 10. Langford, Theis and that pick once you sign the player would be enough outgoing salary to make it work. Id honestly unload everything we have to be left with:

Kemba
    Brown / Smart
    Hayward
    Tatum
    Turner / R. Williams

Give me that 7 man rotation plus whatever is left of Carson/Grant/Semi plus MLE and Vet min signings. You could maybe re-sign Wanamaker with his bird rights, get a 3 and D wing in FA for the MLE, sign a few vet min guys and be good to go.

Not so much a trade idea because the contract is too big but I could definitely see Marvin Williams being a guy we pursue this offseason. Has a good relationship with Kemba from his CHA days. Hes a stretch 4 that can be switchable on defense still. Hes the type of veteran role player that could fit nicely off the bench.

Trading for Aldridge

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Trading for Aldridge
    How do you propose that happens

Is KAT a possibility? And what would it cost? I'd definitely be willing to part with one of Brown or Tatum, but what else?

Hayward + picks for KAT

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9afppwd

KW
    JB
    JT
    DT
    KT

Wanna-Smart-GWil-RWill-Kanter

(Explore trading for a better back up PG)
    Last edited by esb; 12-30-2019 at 08:07 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast