Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35

Thread: Watchmen

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Probably at work!
    Posts
    18,829

    Watchmen

    Anybody catch the premier this past Sunday.

    It was pretty damn good, looking forward to this.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    68,169
    I liked it. I admittedly know nothing about Watchmen aside from the mediocre Zack Snyder movie, so I may check out the comics.

    I'll keep watching.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    42,258
    lol I thought the movie was great thought esp 1 was mediocre. As a fan I'm definitely tune in though
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19,142
    I'm going to watch it. I've got high hopes for it because I loved The Leftovers and based on that series alone, I'm a fan of Lindelof.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    20,552
    This will be the last chance I'll afford Lindelof because I really want this to be good.

    He wrote himself into a corner in Lost and then ended the series with basically just "**** it, it was purgatory" and left so many things either ignorantly or willfully unanswered.

    Leftovers, same deal. Season one was mesmerizing and then he decided to really lean into the concept of just never answering anything. It became weird for the sake of weird, and completely exhausting. The end was pure nonsense.

    Now this time around he's said, on the record in public at comic-con that he wrote this show for one season, with a "satisfying" ending and that it has a finite beginning, middle, and end that will answer all the questions that the show asks.

    I plan to watch all 9 eps, but I'll believe it when I see it.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19,142
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    This will be the last chance I'll afford Lindelof because I really want this to be good.

    He wrote himself into a corner in Lost and then ended the series with basically just "**** it, it was purgatory" and left so many things either ignorantly or willfully unanswered.

    Leftovers, same deal. Season one was mesmerizing and then he decided to really lean into the concept of just never answering anything. It became weird for the sake of weird, and completely exhausting. The end was pure nonsense.

    Now this time around he's said, on the record in public at comic-con that he wrote this show for one season, with a "satisfying" ending and that it has a finite beginning, middle, and end that will answer all the questions that the show asks.

    I plan to watch all 9 eps, but I'll believe it when I see it.
    I've never understood why people need every question answered in shows. If you're expecting that from Lindelof, you're likely wasting your time watching anything he makes.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    100,159
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I liked it. I admittedly know nothing about Watchmen aside from the mediocre Zack Snyder movie, so I may check out the comics.

    I'll keep watching.
    Movie was great imo and the ending was better than the comic.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    100,159
    I liked the pilot, though I kind of wished they named it “After Watchmen”.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    hampton beach
    Posts
    2,671
    Loved the comic and movie,gonna be slow to take to the series.Not really sure why but it just didn't draw me in completely. Dystopian Watchmen future that kinda correlates to our current divide makes sense but felt a little heavy handed for me in this initial episode.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    20,552
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I've never understood why people need every question answered in shows.
    Not every. Any.

    And because it's extremely frustrating to constantly have bizarre puzzle pieces dropped into a timeline only to have them never ultimately assembled or even made to loosely fit together. You can argue that in Leftovers it was by design, that's fine and likely correct - but in Lost he one million percent wrote himself into a corner and rather than try to resolve any of it he just threw his arms up and said **** it. Sloppy and bad.

    He has publicly stated this'll be different. We'll see.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    100,159
    Loving the first two episodes.

    Lots of Easter eggs and parallels to the book.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Loving the first two episodes.

    Lots of Easter eggs and parallels to the book.
    I love those subtle nods generally, but Watchmen isn't something I'm all too familiar with. Never read it, and only watched the movie once and don't really remember it to be honest.

    Do you think the show would still be good for someone coming in fresh?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    100,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Pittz View Post
    I love those subtle nods generally, but Watchmen isn't something I'm all too familiar with. Never read it, and only watched the movie once and don't really remember it to be honest.

    Do you think the show would still be good for someone coming in fresh?
    Read the graphic novel it won’t take you that long.

    I think you might enjoy the show more knowing the background.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    12,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Pittz View Post
    I love those subtle nods generally, but Watchmen isn't something I'm all too familiar with. Never read it, and only watched the movie once and don't really remember it to be honest.

    Do you think the show would still be good for someone coming in fresh?
    Agree with the above but I also don’t think you really need them to enjoy this.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,366
    Thanks friends, I'll try to find the graphic novel online and if no luck, yolo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •