Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Watchmen

Watchmen

Anybody catch the premier this past Sunday.

It was pretty damn good, looking forward to this.

I liked it. I admittedly know nothing about Watchmen aside from the mediocre Zack Snyder movie, so I may check out the comics.

I'll keep watching.

lol I thought the movie was great thought esp 1 was mediocre. As a fan I'm definitely tune in though

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I'm going to watch it. I've got high hopes for it because I loved The Leftovers and based on that series alone, I'm a fan of Lindelof.

This will be the last chance I'll afford Lindelof because I really want this to be good.

He wrote himself into a corner in Lost and then ended the series with basically just "**** it, it was purgatory" and left so many things either ignorantly or willfully unanswered.

Leftovers, same deal. Season one was mesmerizing and then he decided to really lean into the concept of just never answering anything. It became weird for the sake of weird, and completely exhausting. The end was pure nonsense.

Now this time around he's said, on the record in public at comic-con that he wrote this show for one season, with a "satisfying" ending and that it has a finite beginning, middle, and end that will answer all the questions that the show asks.

I plan to watch all 9 eps, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    This will be the last chance I'll afford Lindelof because I really want this to be good.

He wrote himself into a corner in Lost and then ended the series with basically just "**** it, it was purgatory" and left so many things either ignorantly or willfully unanswered.

Leftovers, same deal. Season one was mesmerizing and then he decided to really lean into the concept of just never answering anything. It became weird for the sake of weird, and completely exhausting. The end was pure nonsense.

Now this time around he's said, on the record in public at comic-con that he wrote this show for one season, with a "satisfying" ending and that it has a finite beginning, middle, and end that will answer all the questions that the show asks.

I plan to watch all 9 eps, but I'll believe it when I see it.
    I've never understood why people need every question answered in shows. If you're expecting that from Lindelof, you're likely wasting your time watching anything he makes.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I liked it. I admittedly know nothing about Watchmen aside from the mediocre Zack Snyder movie, so I may check out the comics.

I'll keep watching.
    Movie was great imo and the ending was better than the comic.

I liked the pilot, though I kind of wished they named it “After Watchmen”.

Loved the comic and movie,gonna be slow to take to the series.Not really sure why but it just didn't draw me in completely. Dystopian Watchmen future that kinda correlates to our current divide makes sense but felt a little heavy handed for me in this initial episode.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I've never understood why people need every question answered in shows.
    Not every. Any.

And because it's extremely frustrating to constantly have bizarre puzzle pieces dropped into a timeline only to have them never ultimately assembled or even made to loosely fit together. You can argue that in Leftovers it was by design, that's fine and likely correct - but in Lost he one million percent wrote himself into a corner and rather than try to resolve any of it he just threw his arms up and said **** it. Sloppy and bad.

He has publicly stated this'll be different. We'll see.

Loving the first two episodes.

Lots of Easter eggs and parallels to the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Loving the first two episodes.

Lots of Easter eggs and parallels to the book.
    I love those subtle nods generally, but Watchmen isn't something I'm all too familiar with. Never read it, and only watched the movie once and don't really remember it to be honest.

Do you think the show would still be good for someone coming in fresh?

Quote Originally Posted by Pittz View Post
    I love those subtle nods generally, but Watchmen isn't something I'm all too familiar with. Never read it, and only watched the movie once and don't really remember it to be honest.

Read the graphic novel it won’t take you that long.

I think you might enjoy the show more knowing the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittz View Post

Agree with the above but I also don’t think you really need them to enjoy this.

Thanks friends, I'll try to find the graphic novel online and if no luck, yolo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast