Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Week 8: Washington Redskins vs Minnesota Vikings 10/24/2019 8:20PM ET

Week 8

vs

Thursday, October 24, 2019 at 8:20PM ET on NFL Network and FOX

[CENTER]

The return of AP vs The revenge of Captain Kirk

You like that! You like that!
    Last edited by SiteWolf; 10-23-2019 at 07:19 AM.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Can we just take a second and admire our stadium?

Ok, We should win this game. I can see it being a buffalo game where we are overlooking it, with our eyes on KC. Hopefully not.

Kirk gets the final "you like that". Continues his 300+ passing yards streak with 3 TD 0 NT. We win 34-14.

Kirk vs Case
    Prime time game
    Washington sucks
    Purple by 25

Good luck to AP and Case, but lets stomp them. Lets not make this even be a game. Don't play down to them, step up, and don't let off of the gas!!

Looks like AP will try to play tomorrow. I figured he'd be out bc of the ankle, but makes sense. You know he wants to play in this game.

Speaking Tuesday, Adrian Peterson (ankle) said he still plans to suit up for Thursday's game against the Vikings.

Peterson is reportedly battling a high-ankle sprain, but has claimed he is "feeling good." Even by 34-year-old Peterson's standards, playing four days after suffering a high-ankle issue would be superhuman. It would also be futile and pointless. Peterson would be guaranteed to struggle against the Vikings' elite defense. Wendell Smallwood is the next man up for the comically-undermanned, expansion-level Redskins.

-rotoworld

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Looks like AP will try to play tomorrow. I figured he'd be out bc of the ankle, but makes sense. You know he wants to play in this game.

Speaking Tuesday, Adrian Peterson (ankle) said he still plans to suit up for Thursday's game against the Vikings.

Peterson is reportedly battling a high-ankle sprain, but has claimed he is "feeling good." Even by 34-year-old Peterson's standards, playing four days after suffering a high-ankle issue would be superhuman. It would also be futile and pointless. Peterson would be guaranteed to struggle against the Vikings' elite defense. Wendell Smallwood is the next man up for the comically-undermanned, expansion-level Redskins.

-rotoworld
    Thanks roto, but we don't have an elite defense....I still don't think he will have success even against our decent defense, though.

This should be a game we work on some things, we try some new things, and utilize as a springboard to have the confidence to take on the tougher teams in front of us.................while also remembering the Skins are still a team that hung in there, at least early in games, against some tough teams.

That said, Vikings 900 Foreskins 0

PS Washington, bring Trent Williams with you then leave him behind when you limp home

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom Listens View Post
    Thanks roto, but we don't have an elite defense....I still don't think he will have success even against our decent defense, though.
    I was going to say this too, no way is this defense elite. Teams are scoring on us pretty easily.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    I was going to say this too, no way is this defense elite. Teams are scoring on us pretty easily.

We have a great defense. The defense had one bad game but they will make it up. Its like going on a blind date amd when you see your date she looks like a supermodel. So she wants to have sex with you on the first night but you dont have any condoms and all the stores are closed

V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

We're 6th in the league in points allowed.....and I believe all 5 ahead of us have played a winless team (which we'll do tomorrow night).....the Lions were the 1st to score over 21 on us and when the Packers scored 21, the defense shut them out for the last 2 1/2 quarters

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    We're 6th in the league in points allowed.....and I believe all 5 ahead of us have played a winless team (which we'll do tomorrow night).....the Lions were the 1st to score over 21 on us and when the Packers scored 21, the defense shut them out for the last 2 1/2 quarters
    Our defense is good, no doubt. But its definitely not elite. We aren't winning a super bowl off the backs of our defense.

If you cant beat them, join them

Thielen is out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Our defense is good, no doubt. But its definitely not elite. We aren't winning a super bowl off the backs of our defense.

Our defense can be great. I think Zimmer has been a bit cute in the first handful of games. Not blitzing as much as I would like and running a mix of zone/man coverages. I love Anthony Harris but I do feel he may be one of the worst "Big Mistake" safeties in the league. Luckily it doesn't get exposed as often as you see it in Replays.

We'll see how they tighten up down the stretch once they have executed through 10-12 weeks.

No our defense is not elite...well at least when I think of elite I think of 2000 Ravens type of elite. Yet I would day we are very good with the ability to play elite at times.

This should not be a close game so lets just take care of business.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast