Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Our offense is looking unstoppable so hopefully we do not need an elite defense to get somewhere.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Our defense can be great. I think Zimmer has been a bit cute in the first handful of games. Not blitzing as much as I would like and running a mix of zone/man coverages. I love Anthony Harris but I do feel he may be one of the worst "Big Mistake" safeties in the league. Luckily it doesn't get exposed as often as you see it in Replays.

We'll see how they tighten up down the stretch once they have executed through 10-12 weeks.
    I’m not sure what you mean by “big mistake” safety? He’s been a stud. I don’t have the current numbers but through 6 weeks Harris was allowing a 25.8 passer rating when targeted and has allowed 0.07 yards per coverage snap. He’s been graded as one of PFF’s highest players in the entire league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Define elite....depending on the parameters you use, the Vikings rank anywhere from 3rd to 9th in the league....most often top 5....

Statistically the defense ranks lower in part because of Zimmer's penchant to go into bend but not break mode with a lead in the 2nd half. Yet we've still averaged outscoring our opponents by 15 points in our 5 wins.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Define elite....depending on the parameters you use, the Vikings rank anywhere from 3rd to 9th in the league....most often top 5....

Statistically the defense ranks lower in part because of Zimmer's penchant to go into bend but not break mode with a lead in the 2nd half. Yet we've still averaged outscoring our opponents by 15 points in our 5 wins.
    Ignore Carter. He’s just looking for ways to bash Zimmer.

2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Ignore Carter. He’s just looking for ways to bash Zimmer.

I dont have to beat around the bush to bash Zimmer. An elite defense is one that you can win a championship with. Like the seahawk, denver, and patriots defenses. This defense isnt like those. Its very good, not elite.

And relax a little bit.

We are ranked 6 in the league, thats not elite. Now the patriots defense has a chance to be elite

Patriots.....whose opponents outside of the Bills are 7-31 so far this year....and people talk about their defense being elite......ok

Patriots.....whose opponents outside of the Bills are 7-31 so far this year....and people talk about their defense being elite......ok
    Their defensive stats are absurd, regardless of their opponent. Their fantasy scores are even more insane. They've basically put up RB1 type numbers lol

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    We are ranked 6 in the league, thats not elite. Now the patriots defense has a chance to be elite

The Patriots haven't played anyone with a winning record, outside of the Bills. Their defense looks good now, but lets give it some time.

If this game was noon on a Sunday, I would say Vikings by 30. Primetime games always worry me, even if the team we're playing isn't good.

Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    Primetime games always worry me, even if the team we're playing isn't good.
    yeah, what's up with that.....seems to have been that way for decades, meaning across countless team, player, and coaching combinations....but the organization historically plays down a tick in virtually any prime time setting.......what is it, living in Minnesota causes them to underperform at night?

They are good no doubt on defense but I agree, they have played the Jets 2x and they are the worst offense in the league. They played the Dolphins who have the second worst. Redskins have the 4th worst and Pitt has the 5th worst. Though they did play Pitt with Big Ben. I have them on FF so they've done well for me lol.

Looks like according to Tom Pelissero AP is slated to play tonight.

There will be lots of subplots to tonight's game. Kirk versus the team that wouldn't pay him, Case versus the team that wouldn't pay him and AP verses the team that thought he didn't have anything left in the tank.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Looks like according to Tom Pelissero AP is slated to play tonight.

There will be lots of subplots to tonight's game. Kirk versus the team that wouldn't pay him, Case versus the team that wouldn't pay him and AP verses the team that thought he didn't have anything left in the tank.
    We are going to shut AP down and Case will throw 3 picks.

Oh by the way Ruggy told me to ask you to come to his house because he bought you an AK-47 for an early Christmas present.. That damn Ruggy.

V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

I don't know if I should start Kirk tonight or Josh Allen vs Philly in my work league. I'm torn. I think Allen is the safer bet and has a higher floor, but Kirk has a much higher ceiling.

hmm, on the one hand you know Kirk wants to light up his old team....on the other, a big lead likely results in fewer passing plays

on the other, Allen will be facing a decimated but pissed off Philly defense, not likely blowing them out so passing through the whole game....

not the easy call it first appeared to be.............nfl.com fwiw has them projected nearly evenly while ESPN has Allen ranked noticeably higher

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast