Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    no game day thread this week huh? i don't blame you guys... might as well just skip this week and go on to the offseason.

i won't quit on this season, i won't quit on this season, i won't quit on this season...

now that that's said... let's see if we even have a remote possibility of making the wild-card.

BUF 9-3, BAL, @PIT, @NE, NYJ
    PIT 7-5 @ARI, BUF, @NYJ, @BAL
    TEN 7-5 @OAK, HOU, NO, @HOU
    OAK 6-6 TEN, JAX, @LAC, @DEN
    IND 6-6 @TB, @NO, CAR, @JAX
    CLE 5-7 CIN, @ARI, BAL, @CIN

If we win all 4 games and finish 10-6, our only competition will be PIT and BUF. The other teams will be behind us in records and tiebreakers.
    If PIT goes 3-1 (only losing to BAL) they'll be ahead of us based on some tie-breaker. They will most likely lose to Baltimore last game of the season, if they beat the rest of their opponents, they'll be the 5 seed and we'll be 6th.
    If BUF goes 1-3 (losing to BAL, PIT, and NE) we'll be ahead of Buffalo on conference record. If BUF goes 2-2 (beating PIT and NYJ, losing to BAL and NE) they'll be the 5th seed, and we'll be the 6th seed.

If we go 3-1 to finish 9-7... coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by GeniusLoci View Post
    i won't quit on this season, i won't quit on this season, i won't quit on this season...

now that that's said... let's see if we even have a remote possibility of making the wild-card.

If we win all 4 games and finish 10-6, our only competition will be PIT and BUF. The other teams will be behind us in records and tiebreakers.
    If PIT goes 3-1 (only losing to BAL) they'll be ahead of us based on some tie-breaker. They will most likely lose to Baltimore last game of the season, if they beat the rest of their opponents, they'll be the 5 seed and we'll be 6th.
    If BUF goes 1-3 (losing to BAL, PIT, and NE) we'll be ahead of Buffalo on conference record. If BUF goes 2-2 (beating PIT and NYJ, losing to BAL and NE) they'll be the 5th seed, and we'll be the 6th seed.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...D6BB&FORM=VIRE

"...prone to stoogery.".

If the same team shows up as in the last 2 games, then don't be surprised if we lose 3 or all 4.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    If the same team shows up as in the last 2 games, then don't be surprised if we lose 3 or all 4.
    Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves.

Woof woof, that's my other dog imitation.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves.

Woof woof, that's my other dog imitation.
    Honestly, what have they showed you to indicate that they'll turn it around? This team is playing at their absolute worst right now. Tennessee is playing at a high level, Denver and LA can easily win also. OK....maybe Jacksonville.....maybe.

Honestly, what have they showed you to indicate that they'll turn it around? This team is playing at their absolute worst right now. Tennessee is playing at a high level, Denver and LA can easily win also. OK....maybe Jacksonville.....maybe.
    if we don't have any hope that they'll win the next game, and the one after that, and the one after that... why are we even following this team? just to watch them lose?

It's not even an optimist/realist/pessimist dilemma here, it's purely a 'why are you a fan of this team' question.

if we don't have any hope that they'll win the next game, and the one after that, and the one after that... why are we even following this team? just to watch them lose?

It's not even an optimist/realist/pessimist dilemma here, it's purely a 'why are you a fan of this team' question.
    I didn't say I have no hope. But to "believe" that they will turn this around without any indication, that's blind hope. That does not make me happy to say that.

I didn't say I have no hope. But to "believe" that they will turn this around without any indication, that's blind hope. That does not make me happy to say that.
    I do agree with you there... they've been abysmal top down the last couple of weeks... but as fans, we can't lose hope that they'll pull out of this funk and play some decent football down the stretch.

I do agree with you there... they've been abysmal top down the last couple of weeks... but as fans, we can't lose hope that they'll pull out of this funk and play some decent football down the stretch.
    I wish the players shared our enthusiasm.

Iíve asked myself this a lot the past year.

-Stork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Potential for a positive future. Players that are getting experience, the possibility of a win. I am a Raider Fanatic, it is a hard and difficult path, but it is the one I have chosen to go down. Why? Why not? You don't just give up, I have been a fan for so long it would be more embarrassing to switch teams or give up than it is to suffer through ignominious defeats like these last two, like last season. I see us getting much much better, to most, this year appears to be little different than years past, but I see the sun peeking out of the clouds. I have faith, as much as I have an ulcer from this team.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Potential for a positive future. Players that are getting experience, the possibility of a win. I am a Raider Fanatic, it is a hard and difficult path, but it is the one I have chosen to go down. Why? Why not? You don't just give up, I have been a fan for so long it would be more embarrassing to switch teams or give up than it is to suffer through ignominious defeats like these last two, like last season. I see us getting much much better, to most, this year appears to be little different than years past, but I see the sun peeking out of the clouds. I have faith, as much as I have an ulcer from this team.
    Positive future? I've probably been a fan as long as you, so the last 20 has been no picnic. I haven't given up.
    Frankly, unless I have nothing to do,I really don't watch any other games. I agree, we have to get better, but isn't that something we've said for a long time?

Positive future? I've probably been a fan as long as you, so the last 20 has been no picnic. I haven't given up.
    Frankly, unless I have nothing to do,I really don't watch any other games. I agree, we have to get better, but isn't that something we've said for a long time?
    Yep, no argument there, we have said it for a long time. We support them and will continue to do so. I see positives with the many negatives, so I am encouraged. That doesn't mean I am happy or content.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast