Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Mitch Trubisky's Disappointing Progression (or lack thereof)

I've come to this conclusion:

Nagy needs to make the decision in the next week or two to give the playcalling abilities over to Helfrich.

No matter what you think of Trubisky, the fact he isn't rolling out or having more designed plays to utilize his athleticism, is completely unacceptable.

Stop using RPO's. Mitch just isn't good at them. While he is the QB, you HAVE to design your playcalling to the strength of your QB and surrounding talent.

He seems to play calling a chase daniel gameplan for Mitch, which makes no sense because they're not even comparable in style.

Aside from trading, releasing, benching Mitch ; what do you guys think?

Nagy ISN'T an idiot. But he does seem to stubborn to work with Mitch right now, unless he's just sabataging him to strong-arm Pace into making a move. That would ABSOLUTELY be grounds to move on from him. Promote Helfrich, etc.

I'm just venting here. Completely lost.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

A guy at my office raised an interesting question.

If Mitch threw for 300, 3 TDs, 0 picks against the Chargers Sunday...

1) Would you be surprised?

2) Would you feel any differently about him than you do right this minute?

At first I didn't know how to answer and then after taking some time to think about it I decided my answer to both was no.

Iím in the boat of Mitchell will win me over if he turns the ship around and we make the playoffs.

If we miss, heís done. If we have locker room turmoil, Nagy and Pace need to go and we blow the ***** up.

Iím very sour on Chicago sports right now lol

Iíve been saying it since last year to dump the RPO. It just doesnít look like thatís going to happen. I thought I read something that neither Helfrich or Ragone have ever called plays before, so thatís not promising. So right now, hopefully Nagy just adjusts the game plan the way we did at the end of last year and focuses around a running game. He says heís not an idiot, and knows we need to run more, letís see if he adjusts as the window of opportunity for this season is closing quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I've come to this conclusion:

Nagy needs to make the decision in the next week or two to give the playcalling abilities over to Helfrich.

No matter what you think of Trubisky, the fact he isn't rolling out or having more designed plays to utilize his athleticism, is completely unacceptable.

Stop using RPO's. Mitch just isn't good at them. While he is the QB, you HAVE to design your playcalling to the strength of your QB and surrounding talent.

He seems to play calling a chase daniel gameplan for Mitch, which makes no sense because they're not even comparable in style.

Aside from trading, releasing, benching Mitch ; what do you guys think?

Nagy ISN'T an idiot. But he does seem to stubborn to work with Mitch right now, unless he's just sabataging him to strong-arm Pace into making a move. That would ABSOLUTELY be grounds to move on from him. Promote Helfrich, etc.

I'm just venting here. Completely lost.
    I agree Nagy needs to swallow his pride and hand over the play calling. He wouldnít have a job if Andy Reid didnít give him a chance to call plays. And its not only the play calling, its the play designs. Is it possible every single player without the name Robinson on his back has severely regressed? Stop handing the ball off out of the shotgun, maybe give a guy the ball on a handoff from under center while he is already running forward hard with momentum.

Trubisky hasnít been doing anything when he does roll out and for some reason this year he refuses to run the ball or is scared to. What happened to those third down scrambles, the designed runs? He had 68 rushing attempts last year for an average of 6.2 yards. This year he has run the ball 5 times. Is this all Nagy, is Trubisky reluctant to run, both? I donít get what the hell is going on. None of that takes away from Trubisky not being able to read the defenses, go through progressions, and make good decisions and accurate throws. You are not going to make it in the NFL successfully when you canít throw the football accurately.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Iím in the boat of Mitchell will win me over if he turns the ship around and we make the playoffs.

If we miss, heís done. If we have locker room turmoil, Nagy and Pace need to go and we blow the ***** up.

Iím very sour on Chicago sports right now lol
    I've been on the Nagy is a great team builder train for a bit. These guys have loved him while the offense has stagnated but now the ineptitude is too great. Nagy needs to give up playcalling now. It's the only thing to save him. The offense has more pieces than it did in years past. There is enough there at least to generate the occasional first down.

This is the worst offense I have ever seen. It's really hard for me to analyze because it's the worst playcalling I have ever seen. This is way worse than Martz trying to use his system without the required line or receivers. Worse than Trestman.

The more I think about it about it and try to analyze it, the less I understand it. We used to get mad at he Lovie coordinators for not stretching the field and not running anything original. But ****ing Lovie's offense would have us in a wildcard spot right now.

How the hell do you run the ball 7 times in a game when your quarterback who you know sucks just came back from injury.

The defense can't be great, no matter the parts with this offense. You can't play defense 2/3 of the game every week. Decent coaches make adjustments. You're on the field more, they see more, they change more, and you get ****ing tired.

Regardless of everything. 7 runs plays. 7 run plays in an entire game. 54 pass plays with a quarterback who can't hit anything 10 yards downfield. This is garbage. If Nagy won't give up playcalling, take his ****ing job.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    I agree Nagy needs to swallow his pride and hand over the play calling. He wouldnít have a job if Andy Reid didnít give him a chance to call plays. And its not only the play calling, its the play designs. Is it possible every single player without the name Robinson on his back has severely regressed? Stop handing the ball off out of the shotgun, maybe give a guy the ball on a handoff from under center while he is already running forward hard with momentum.

Trubisky hasnít been doing anything when he does roll out and for some reason this year he refuses to run the ball or is scared to. What happened to those third down scrambles, the designed runs? He had 68 rushing attempts last year for an average of 6.2 yards. This year he has run the ball 5 times. Is this all Nagy, is Trubisky reluctant to run, both? I donít get what the hell is going on. None of that takes away from Trubisky not being able to read the defenses, go through progressions, and make good decisions and accurate throws. You are not going to make it in the NFL successfully when you canít throw the football accurately.
    Hes not very good at avoiding unnecessary hits when on the run. He also rarely throws the ball away on the run, nor does he slide to avoid contact. I wouldnt be surprised to hear that they wanted him to shelve that part of his game for the most part and work on the diagnostics at the position.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Hes not very good at avoiding unnecessary hits when on the run. He also rarely throws the ball away on the run, nor does he slide to avoid contact. I wouldnt be surprised to hear that they wanted him to shelve that part of his game for the most part and work on the diagnostics at the position.
    If they told him to shelve the only thing he does half decent and continue to do so then they are idiots.

Trubisky clearly performs much better when he's in the no-huddle and he has Nagy in his ear. How hard is it do just that? Give him the McVay treatment.

Knowing Nagy though, we're going to do against the Chargers what we did against the Broncos after the Packers loss. Run the ball a ton of times and barely eke out a victory. Then they'll roll Club Dub and pretend everything is alright.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    Trubisky clearly performs much better when he's in the no-huddle and he has Nagy in his ear. How hard is it do just that? Give him the McVay treatment.

Knowing Nagy though, we're going to do against the Chargers what we did against the Broncos after the Packers loss. Run the ball a ton of times and barely eke out a victory. Then they'll roll Club Dub and pretend everything is alright.
    We should be running A LOT...but damn him if we don't use rollouts and play action. Run options! QB runs, use what Mitch has.

I completely agree... giving Goff the McVay treatment has done great things for him. Why NOT try it with Mitch. Or IS he doing that already?

Click here to register!

Iím most concerned about Trubisky on two things:

1) He seems to have zero confidence, he played super timid/scared on Sunday.

2) His foot work was awful. He was taking a few steps backwards as he threw the ball on nearly every pass.

https://www.bleachernation.com/bears...roblem-videos/

This is painful to watch.

If the Bears are still playoffs, then they better have a new QB by the deadline because 2019 Mitch Trubisky will not be that guy.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    https://www.bleachernation.com/bears...roblem-videos/

This is painful to watch.

If the Bears are still playoffs, then they better have a new QB by the deadline because 2019 Mitch Trubisky will not be that guy.
    Its embarrassing

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Mitch will have the rest of the year. Then pace/Nagy will do everything they can to find a viable replacement for him in the off season.

I mean, at this point trubisky is kind of a full on train wreck...

He's a mobile QB that doesn't use his mobility...

He spends most of his reads, staring down Allen Robinson, whether Allen is even supposed to be the read on the play or not... in a system that is designed to spread the ball around

He has absolutely no help from the TE position at all...

His receivers are frequently running the wrong route.

His playcaller's solution to him struggling in the passing game is to pass more.

His offensive line, under an "offensive line guru" has been almost impressively bad

And even when he gets through all of the above, he can't complete a basic pass over 10 yards to a wide open WR because he either air mails it, or the WR drops it.

I mean, not everything on the above list is on Mitch's fault, but he is still at the dead center of most of it, and im frankly more than ready to move on.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast