Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Nagy did a lot of trickery in 2018, mostly to cover up what Mitch was struggling with. It worked then, but you can't rely on that all the time. I get the concerns about Nagy as a play caller, but there's only so much you can do with such a limited QB.

Mostly opinion based tweets here, but a lot of it's spot on IMO.

I still have my doubts about Pace, and really hated his postseason presser, but he can't honestly look at Mitch and believe another season of that is good for his job security.
    So three scenarios:
    1) Nagy is an amazing play-caller that's been handicapped by one of the worst QBs in history. The fact that we've gone 20-12 in two years is a boon to his ability to hide so many of Trubisky's deficiencies.

2) Nagy sucks and Trubisky is amazing but his been handicapped by the system. Not even going to entertain this.

3) Nagy is mediocre and Trubisky is mediocre. Both of them are limited in their adaptability. Each one brings the other down and results in a terrible offense.

The problem? We're F'ed in all three scenarios unless Pace is willing to give up on the Trubisky dream. In scenario 1, we clean up shop after next year and Nagy goes on to lead another team to offensive greatness. In scenario 2, Trubisky leaves after next year and lights it up elsewhere (ha ha). And in scenario 3, we're sitting with our head between our feet after wasting this difference.

Literally the only way forward is Pace bringing another QB. I sure hope he realizes it.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

I'm still shocked that people want Dalton.

What has he done to make ANYONE want to see him in a Bears uniform?

I much rather have Mitch for another season to see if he actually becomes consistent.

Dalton has been on teams with good defenses and had as many wins in the playoffs. He's been in the NFL for eight seasons and hasn't done squat.

The Mitch Hate is ridiculous....but I'm delusional.

My mind is blown.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    So three scenarios:
    1) Nagy is an amazing play-caller that's been handicapped by one of the worst QBs in history. The fact that we've gone 20-12 in two years is a boon to his ability to hide so many of Trubisky's deficiencies.

2) Nagy sucks and Trubisky is amazing but his been handicapped by the system. Not even going to entertain this.

3) Nagy is mediocre and Trubisky is mediocre. Both of them are limited in their adaptability. Each one brings the other down and results in a terrible offense.

The problem? We're F'ed in all three scenarios unless Pace is willing to give up on the Trubisky dream. In scenario 1, we clean up shop after next year and Nagy goes on to lead another team to offensive greatness. In scenario 2, Trubisky leaves after next year and lights it up elsewhere (ha ha). And in scenario 3, we're sitting with our head between our feet after wasting this difference.

Literally the only way forward is Pace bringing another QB. I sure hope he realizes it.
    It's why you absolutely have to move on from Mitch. I won't make any bold statements about Nagy, but I'd much rather see if he can make it work with another QB over watching another season of Trubisky.

Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    I'm still shocked that people want Dalton.

What has he done to make ANYONE want to see him in a Bears uniform?

I much rather have Mitch for another season to see if he actually becomes consistent.

Dalton has been on teams with good defenses and had as many wins in the playoffs. He's been in the NFL for eight seasons and hasn't done squat.

The Mitch Hate is ridiculous....but I'm delusional.

My mind is blown.
    Best of luck on the consistency front, if that's the route we go. We're 41 starts in with Mitch. I'm pretty sure I know how that story ends.

And the Mitch hate isn't ridiculous. He's bad, like really, really, really ****ing bad. It's okay to accept that and look for a better alternative. I will say, supporting him when there's a ton of evidence staring you in the face about how bad he is...that is delusional. So, I agree with you there.

FWIW, I don't want Dalton, but as a last resort, whatever. He's a better backup/eventual starter than Chase Daniel.

It's why you absolutely have to move on from Mitch. I won't make any bold statements about Nagy, but I'd much rather see if he can make it work with another QB over watching another season of Trubisky.
    They both are bad. But yes, Nagy will look better with a quality QB. Obviously.

That first play was hilarious bc it was so blandly obvious it was man. Mitch doesn't even look at the potential TD and immediately throws a 3 yard check down.

That's the kind of stuff I'm talking about when people ***** about Nagy and his 'dink & dunk' play calling.

Is Dalton good? No, not really. Will Dalton throw the ball away on 4th down, check down on 4th and 23, ignore 4 wide open guys to try and throw to a guy triple covered, consistently overthrow guys downfield when they are wide open? No. Basic QB skills.

Mitch Trubisky sucks, he is dumb. There are flaws in him that are not inconsistent, they are plain stupidity. He doesnít process things, he doesnít get it. Over his head. Its not in him after 40 plus starts. Its a shame when Dalton is an upgrade but yes, he is.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    That first play was hilarious bc it was so blandly obvious it was man. Mitch doesn't even look at the potential TD and immediately throws a 3 yard check down.

That's the kind of stuff I'm talking about when people ***** about Nagy and his 'dink & dunk' play calling.
    I mean Mitch is bad, but Nagy doesnít do him any favors. As a HC, you should probably, maybe, do some favors for your starting QB. Itís his job to know what his QB is, and what his QB isnít....and he just refuses to accept that and the bears have lost games because of that. I canít stick up for either one of them, honestly. They both have failed every test imaginable.

Best of luck on the consistency front, if that's the route we go. We're 41 starts in with Mitch. I'm pretty sure I know how that story ends.

And the Mitch hate isn't ridiculous. He's bad, like really, really, really ****ing bad. It's okay to accept that and look for a better alternative. I will say, supporting him when there's a ton of evidence staring you in the face about how bad he is...that is delusional. So, I agree with you there.

FWIW, I don't want Dalton, but as a last resort, whatever. He's a better backup/eventual starter than Chase Daniel.
    It's funny, not only have I stated several times that I wanted Watson and that Mitch was drafted too high, I have even stated to not only sign a Vet, but also draft a QB and carry three QBs. Sure sounds like I'm all in on Mitch. lol

Dalton has been as inconsistent as Mitch the past what, six years? Yet he has Bears Fans supporting him being signed to the roster??? Yeah, that makes total sense.

Before people call someone else delusional, they need to look in the mirror.

What a joke this forum has become. Sadly a member who I first thought had a clear understanding of common sense has proved me wrong.

Rivers, a healthy Alex Smith, Carr (probably getting cut).
    I am fine with Carr. His injury history scares me a bit but the guy would be a clear upgrade to Trubisky no question.

The real Pride of the Midwest

It's funny, not only have I stated several times that I wanted Watson and that Mitch was drafted too high, I have even stated to not only sign a Vet, but also draft a QB and carry three QBs. Sure sounds like I'm all in on Mitch. lol

Dalton has been as inconsistent as Mitch the past what, six years? Yet he has Bears Fans supporting him being signed to the roster??? Yeah, that makes total sense.

What a joke this forum has become. Sadly a member who I first thought had a clear understanding of common sense has proved me wrong.
    I wouldn't say its support. I would prefer a few other options over Dalton. I dont even want biscuit as a backup.

Some people are just that fed up with Mitch.

Personally, I think Alex Smith is the best move but he may not even be ready for the 2020 season.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Yeah I want nothing to do with Dalton. Sign Alex and draft another qb.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I mean Mitch is bad, but Nagy doesnít do him any favors. As a HC, you should probably, maybe, do some favors for your starting QB. Itís his job to know what his QB is, and what his QB isnít....and he just refuses to accept that and the bears have lost games because of that. I canít stick up for either one of them, honestly. They both have failed every test imaginable.
    True but Mitch doesnt even belong in the league because his skillset is just not there. Nagy can do all the favors he wants for Mitch but Mitch will still have a skillset of a college qb that's played one year.

So what do you want to do? Pick up Mitchs option and pay him a ridiculous amount of money that hes not remotely worth?

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast