Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I'm not convinced either, but I'm encouraged. There's clearly a formula that works for him and Nagy - quick passes, using his mobility, and leaning a little more on Montgomery. I just hope they stick with it and make the rest of the season interesting.
    Agreed

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I'm not convinced either, but I'm encouraged. There's clearly a formula that works for him and Nagy - quick passes, using his mobility, and leaning a little more on Montgomery. I just hope they stick with it and make the rest of the season interesting.
    I know that I'm one of the few that believe Mitch has the talent to be a good QB in this league.

With that said, Chicago fans aren't as bad as the Philly fans, but they're close.

Mitch had an uphill battle with this fan base ever since he was drafted.

It's been stated before, the OL struggled blocking and the receivers struggled catching the ball, except for Robinson, and Nagy wasn't calling good plays. There are very few QBs who could of succeeded with the pile of crap that Mitch had to deal with.

As I said, I never doubted his talent, but I started to question his confidence and mental makeup. Wins like last night will help Mitch.

Mitch is a good QB, I don't care what anyone still says.

Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    I know that I'm one of the few that believe Mitch has the talent to be a good QB in this league.

With that said, Chicago fans aren't as bad as the Philly fans, but they're close.

Mitch had an uphill battle with this fan base ever since he was drafted.

It's been stated before, the OL struggled blocking and the receivers struggled catching the ball, except for Robinson, and Nagy wasn't calling good plays. There are very few QBs who could of succeeded with the pile of crap that Mitch had to deal with.

As I said, I never doubted his talent, but I started to question his confidence and mental makeup. Wins like last night will help Mitch.

Mitch is a good QB, I don't care what anyone still says.
    What would you say to him being at the bottom of the league catchable passes and accuracy 10 yards or further since being drafted?

From watching this game, it's my opinion Mitch was choosing not to run- not Nagy making him stay in the pocket. He is scared of getting hurt.

In terms of value... he needs to run and I'm somewhat pleased to see him doing that recently

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    What would you say to him being at the bottom of the league catchable passes and accuracy 10 yards or further since being drafted?

From watching this game, it's my opinion Mitch was choosing not to run- not Nagy making him stay in the pocket. He is scared of getting hurt.

In terms of value... he needs to run and I'm somewhat pleased to see him doing that recently

Well it's just an assumption that he was scared if getting hurt.

It's very possible that Nagy made it very clear that he wanted him to protect himself more after the shoulder injury.

None of us will never know exactly was said behind closed doors.

Mitch is a good QB. He just lacks experience.

He's played well in back to back games, which is great, but we can't just ignore the first 10 games of the season.

To say he's a good QB at this point is premature IMO.

Well it's just an assumption that he was scared if getting hurt.

It's very possible that Nagy made it very clear that he wanted him to protect himself more after the shoulder injury.

None of us will never know exactly was said behind closed doors.

Mitch is a good QB. He just lacks experience.
    But what about him leading the league in uncatchable passes and accuracy ten yards or more down the field being a huge issue (at the bottom of the league in the stat year in year out). What is your opinion on those statistics? Is it all due to lack of experience?

Also another concern of mine is not going downfield on offsides plays or snapping the ball when a defender is drawn offsides (he has a good hard count)

He has played very very well the last couple games and I'm happy to see it. I just want to see what your thoughts on those existing issues are.
    Last edited by blams; 12-06-2019 at 11:11 AM.

Click here to register!

He's played well in back to back games, which is great, but we can't just ignore the first 10 games of the season.

It's only premature to say he's a good QB in this forum.

He's played well in the past, and to say he isn't accurate isn't accurate. Has he been consistent? Not at all. The kid has talent and he has shown flashes of that.

He's inexperienced.

To only single out Mitch for the entire offense is short sighted. The OL has been trash for nearly the entire season. I mean, is it that hard to see the correlation between the QB and OL????

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    But what about him leading the league in uncatchable passes and accuracy ten yards or more down the field being a huge issue (at the bottom of the league in the stat year in year out). What is your opinion on those statistics? Is it all due to lack of experience?

Also another concern of mine is not going downfield on offsides plays or snapping the ball when a defender is drawn offsides (he has a good hard count)

He has played very very well the last couple games and I'm happy to see it. I just want to see what your thoughts on those existing issues are.
    Most stats can be misleading. Uncatchable balls? What is the criteria for that? If the receiver needs to to extent their hands for the catch considered uncatchable? Does the ball have to be in the receiver's bread basket to be considered catchable? What is the window size???

That stat is stupid.

What about the OL? The dropped balls? The poor run game? The overall play calls?

These will affect the QB and they're not in his circle of control.

His accuracy? I've seen him drop dimes down field. I've seen him over and under throw down field.

The only thing that anyone can say about Mitch is that he's been inconsistent. That's it.

More reps will iron that out. He just needs more experience. Each and every player has their own timeline.
    Last edited by I don't care.; 12-06-2019 at 11:53 AM.

It's just cool to bag on Mitch in this forum.

This click is getting kind of old.

It's just cool to bag on Mitch in this forum.

This click is getting kind of old.
    I dont think it's cool. If anything, I wish I was as optimistic as you are. I hope you end up being proven right.

Click here to register!

Its refreshing to see Mitch play this well.

Not sure how long you've been a bears fan but for me, this is the 4th awesome defense I'm seeing get ruined.

I just dont have reasonable patience. Not because I'm not a patient person...but because the bears have made me a bit cynical lol

Click here to register!

This. What he has done for the last two games needs to continue from here forward. Too many bad games, bad decisions, bad throws throughout the season to declare him a good QB now because of two good games. Even last night he had that one INT where you just shake your head wondering what the hell he is doing. Lets wee what he does the next 3 weeks before considering him fixed.

Blame can you share link showing Mitch’s accuracy 10 yards downfield and uncatchable balls? I know that was a big topic after like the 5th week of year, just curious to see how those numbers look now after the past 5 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Blame can you share link showing Mitch’s accuracy 10 yards downfield and uncatchable balls? I know that was a big topic after like the 5th week of year, just curious to see how those numbers look now after the past 5 weeks.
    That's the hard part with twitter now and guys tweeting stats! Not sure where to find it. I'll give it a look today because I'm curious how those numbers are over the past 4 weeks

Click here to register!

I won't continue to debate about Mitch.

Where I stand is that he has above average athletic skills, an average arm and needs more experience to play in the NFL.

All QBs make bad throws in every single game. Every one of them. Mitch just needs to refine his play.

Tannehill was considered a terrible QB and complete bust. Now since he's played a partial good year (compared to his Miami YEARS) there's people in this forum that suggested that Pace needs to sign him to be a starterifhe hits FA.

If you sit back and evaluate the everything posted in this forum, it's comical.

If any one knows where these stats are, please share.

Havent had any luck.

Click here to register!

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast