Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Nah, you just didn't know he apologized so you thought those reporters were making **** up. Clearly they weren't considering the Astros and Taubman issued a press release acknowledging that it was said. Its okay to say you didn't get the full story before jumping to conclusions.

And it's irrelevant whether they caught it on video or audio. Its out there and either the assistant GM is an ******* or completely oblivious of his surroundings.
    You should know me better than that by now. I dont care of he apologized. I know he has to whether or not he should. I dont know if those reporters with bracelets were taunting him... it wouldnt surprise me. Im a passionate person so I can identify with wanting to protect a player. Not everything is black and white to me like it is to you. Thats what makes you an SJW.
    Being human is complex. People can make mistakes and there are two sides to every story. I want to see or hear what went down before I chop someones head off. I mean, Im indian but ive evolved. You know? Maybe. But at least im not an SJW.

That's fine but then be cognizant of your surroundings. The fact that he turned to a group of female reporters and said it screams ignorance or trying to flame.
    So is the crime that he yelled "Thank God we got Osuna! Iím so f------ glad we got Osuna!Ē or that the Houston Astros acquired him?

If it's the later then Jim Crane's comment is a bit hypocritical.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by marychristine View Post
    You should know me better than that by now. I dont care of he apologized. I know he has to whether or not he should. I dont know if those reporters with bracelets were taunting him... it wouldnt surprise me. Im a passionate person so I can identify with wanting to protect a player. Not everything is black and white to me like it is to you. Thats what makes you an SJW.
    Being human is complex. People can make mistakes and there are two sides to every story. I want to see or hear what went down before I chop someones head off. I mean, Im indian but ive evolved. You know? Maybe. But at least im not an SJW.
    No he didn't because originally the Astros suggested the story was fabricated to create headlines. They could have very well stood on that ground and not acknowledged what had happened. However, they did. Those bracelets were taunting him? Holy ****, that's ****ing hilarious. That's laugh out loud dumb.

No you don't. You want to troll people who have a different opinion of yours when in this case you jumped to conclusions before you had all the information. Its okay. I would be embarrassed too.

Last edited by metswon69; 10-22-2019 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    So is the crime that he yelled "Thank God we got Osuna! Iím so f------ glad we got Osuna!Ē or that the Houston Astros acquired him?

If it's the later then Jim Crane's comment is a bit hypocritical.
    Its not a crime. It is however pretty stupid to turn to a group of female reporters and say it when you know Osuna's history with women.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Nobody should ever advocate for the abuse of women, and I don't think anyone here will and I don't think that is what he was doing.

But, this is a bad look, a really bad look.

Obviously, the Astros did a controversial thing by trading for a guy coming off a suspension for that. It's a PR mess, and it's a hard thing to be able to explain to fans.

But winning is the ultimate goal here, and we should allow people to be able to move past their previous sins and move forward with productive lives.

We weren't there, so it's hard to understand how bad this really was. Multiple people can see the same thing and leave with different interpretations, and we can't ignore that. His intent is going to be impossible to know and we can't judge it based off what witnesses say they saw, nor what the players/other personnel say he meant.
    Well I donít think anybody here would outwardly advocate for the abuse for women but I wouldnít be surprised if people were saying that this didnít really happen.

Youíre right that winning is the ultimate goal but I feel bad for guys like Altuve, Springer, JV, Cole, etc who will likely have to deal with this PR mess in some form of questioning.

Youíre also right that we werenít there. Still, this is a terrible look no matter which way you cut it. Iím the type of person who would sarcastically say something like ďIím so glad we got ****ing FamiliaĒ after he blows a game but, considering the Astros and Taubman doubled down and said that they were defending their player, I donít really know what to think. Also, even j know that making a sarcastic comment like that is an awful idea to do with the media and I donít even deal with the media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

That's fine but then be cognizant of your surroundings. The fact that he turned to a group of female reporters and said it screams ignorance or trying to flame.
    On top of the fact that Osuna had a bad outing and the Astros doubled down on the defense of Taubman.

I donít know, this looks really stupid on the Astros and Taubmanís part. I really donít see the point in the dude doing what he did. He just looks like an ignorant rich douchebag whoís completely disconnected.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

No he didn't because originally the Astros suggested the story was fabricated to create headlines. They could have very well stood on that ground and not acknowledged what had happened. However, they did. Those bracelets were taunting him? Holy ****, that's ****ing hilarious. That's laugh out loud dumb.

No you don't. You want to troll people who have a different opinion of yours when in this case you jumped to conclusions before you had all the information. Its okay. I would be embarrassed too.

Im too lazy too look it up. Show me the new apology.

Bracelets do not have the ability to taunt but people with an agenda do.

Im a fierce and poweful woman. Ill never identify with women who whine about injustice in this day and age. Women have ridiculous amounts of power... they know that. I sure as hell do. So dont tweet that **** at me expecting it to mean a damn thing to me. If I were in that clubhouse Id rule it. If they cant, theyre in the wrong business.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    On top of the fact that Osuna had a bad outing and the Astros doubled down on the defense of Taubman.

I donít know, this looks really stupid on the Astros and Taubmanís part. I really donít see the point in the dude doing what he did. He just looks like an ignorant rich douchebag whoís completely disconnected.

It could have very well been done with no intent. The fact is there are a lot of intelligent people in high ranking positions that have noi ability to recognize situations like this. If that's the case, i'm glad all that **** is being thrown at him and the Astros. If he knew what he was doing, then he's just a misogynist *******.

Its not a crime. It is however pretty stupid to turn to a group of female reporters and say it when you know Osuna's history with women.
    I have no idea what these women go through in the locker room, and if it as disgusting as she is leading on then report that.

Because this seems pretty minor in comparison.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Im too lazy too look it up. Show me the new apology.

Bracelets do not have the ability to taunt but people with an agenda do.

Im a fierce and poweful woman. Ill never identify with women who whine about injustice in this day and age. Women have ridiculous amounts of power... they know that. I sure as hell do. So dont tweet that **** at me expecting it to mean a damn thing to me. If I were in that clubhouse Id rule it. If they cant, theyre in the wrong business.
    There was no new apology. You didn't look at the first one.

That's ****ing ridiculous with the bracelet. It was a purple bracelet against DV. What could have antagonized a person to the point where domestic violence becomes okay?

I dont care what it means to you. There are a lot of empowered women in the media as well and they still have to deal with that misogynist ******** fairly regularly. They also have to deal with ignorance like what originally came from the Astros. There are no excuses for that **** anymore. Its almost 2020, not 1920.

Your experiences are not everyone's elses despite your insistence otherwise.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-22-2019 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I have no idea what these women go through in the locker room, and if it as disgusting as she is leading on then report that.

Because this seems pretty minor in comparison.
    Well I think the bigger issue is how the Astros originally handled it. They should have been swift to acknowledge it and deal with it in a proactive manner. Instead they chose to double down on "it never happened".

I don't buy Taubman just said it in support of his player when he distinctly turned to those women to say it.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-22-2019 at 05:05 PM.

There was no new apology. You didn't look at the first one.

That's ****ing ridiculous with the bracelet. It was a purple bracelet against DV. Who could honestly be against that? Give me a break.

I dont give a crap what it means to you. There are a lot of empowered women in the media as well and they still have to deal with misogynist ******** fairly regularly. Then they also have to deal with ignorance like what is originally coming from the Astros. There are no excuses for that **** anymore. Its almost 2020, not 1920.

Just saying your experiences are not everyones despite your claims otherwise.
    I did read the original apology. I thought you were saying theres a new one.

Theyre not truly empowered if they still feel a need to whine. Misogynist... please... IM Empowered. Nobody could **** with me. Id never whine. Thats how you gain respect. You treat them the way they treat you and you stand your ground and be the best at what you do. But not all women have that strength.
    Some women love to hide behind feminism and theyre the ones with Misandry. I do not doubt for one second that they had an agenda but i cant prove that and without footage or audio you cant prove hes a misogynist. So case closed.
    Lets go Astros!

I did read the original apology. I thought you were saying theres a new one.

Theyre not truly empowered if they still feel a need to whine. Misogynist... please... IM Empowered. Nobody could **** with me. Id never whine. Thats how you gain respect. You treat them the way they treat you and you stand your ground and be the best at what you do. But not all women have that strength.
    Some women love to hide behind feminism and theyre the ones with Misandry. I do not doubt for one second that they had an agenda but i cant prove that and without footage or audio you cant prove hes a misogynist. So case closed.
    Lets go Astros!
    I honestly dont care if they made it up or not. Theres no excuse for them to not have video or audio. Thats their job. And the first thing I would do is pull out my phone to record it. Theyd have more than enough time to do so if he said it that many times.
    I didnt see his apology. Not that it changes my mind. They make people do that ****. I need to see it with my own eyes or hear it with my own ears. Especially with that many reporters. Hopefully someone will provide that. Otherwise. We have to move on. Astros have a WS to win.
    No you didn't and you even admitted as much.

Your reading comprehension skills need work btw. I never said he was a misogynist. I said regardless of his intent it was stupid for him to turn to those female reporters and say it.

As for the rest of what you said, IDGAF. There's no reason to crap on those women for coming out against the Astros and how they handled this situation. At the end of the day, that doesn't make them any less credible or any less empowered despite your insistence that the only real way to deal with it was your way.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-22-2019 at 05:40 PM.

Everyone gets offended so easily nowadays. Itís really sad and pathetic. The guy is clearly a douchebag, but who gives a ****? Did he hurt anybody? Just their feelings? Cry me a river.

No you didn't and you even admitted as much.

Your reading comprehension skills need work btw. I never said he was a misogynist. I said regardless of his intent it was stupid for him to turn to those female reporters and say it.

As for the rest of what you said, IDGAF. There's no reason to crap on those women for coming out against the Astros and how they handled this situation. At the end of the day, that doesn't make them any less credible or any less empowered despite your insistence that the only real way to deal with it was your way.
    I read the apology last night. You made it sound like theres a new one. Like they back tracked.

I never said that you said he was a misogynist. You just midunderstood.

Maybe it was stupid. People make mistakes out of passion. So unless I know he wasnt being taunted then I dont care. None of it adds up to me. Something doesnt make sense. I need PROOF. Thats not too much to ask of a bunch of reporters. Is it?
    Last edited by marychristine; 10-22-2019 at 05:47 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast