Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trudeau wins second term

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/...041909145.html

School me on this. Special get in here

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Does this mean 7 more years of maple syrup for America?
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Won a minority despite losing the popular vote by about 1%. Should've been a cakewalk win for the Cons but Andrew Scheer is about as likeable as pink eye. He'll probably be replaced and should be for choking. Trudeau is pretty universally disliked, but he is absolutely hated in the West. People out west are talking about separating, which won't happen. The Bloc came back strong this election too, they are the Quebec separatist party.

He'll form a minority government with the NDP, so we'll probably get Pharmacare. I don't know how we'll pay for it but old people will like it and they vote. We'll probably be back at the polls soon enough regardless if that doesn't happen as the NDP will bring the government down at some point.

The country is really regionalized now politically. Should be interesting.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Won a minority despite losing the popular vote by about 1%. Should've been a cakewalk win for the Cons but Andrew Scheer is about as likeable as pink eye. He'll probably be replaced and should be for choking. Trudeau is pretty universally disliked, but he is absolutely hated in the West. People out west are talking about separating, which won't happen. The Bloc came back strong this election too, they are the Quebec separatist party.

He'll form a minority government with the NDP, so we'll probably get Pharmacare. I don't know how we'll pay for it but old people will like it and they vote. We'll probably be back at the polls soon enough regardless if that doesn't happen as the NDP will bring the government down at some point.

Why is he so disliked?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Sounds like some other places I know...

Anyway, at this point, the whole world is regionalized politically.

But what about blackface?
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Why is he so disliked?
    Interesting article: https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...-is-plummeting

Keep in mind that this is an opinion piece and that the Toronto Sun tends to lean to the right.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/...041909145.html

School me on this. Special get in here
    I don't follow Canadian politics. no idea who he was even running against.

the only thing I know is that he was in pictures (plural) with blackface. but I guess we are past that (Canada and America) being a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I don't follow Canadian politics. no idea who he was even running against.

the only thing I know is that he was in pictures (plural) with blackface. but I guess we are past that (Canada and America) being a problem.
    You live in Canada, are obsessed with Donald Trump and American politics, but "don't follow Canadian politics"?

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You live in Canada, are obsessed with Donald Trump and American politics, but "don't follow Canadian politics"?
    Were he so interested in Canadian politics (or really in any country that has a PM), he would know that technically the Prime Minister does not have to be part of the House of Commons. It's kind of like our Speaker of the House. Were the House (and in Canada's case the Queen) so inclined, they could vote some random schmuck off the side of the street as Speaker of the House or Prime Minister. The common practice is to get the choice from the party that builds a majority coalition though.
    _____

That's neat.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

He doesn't need o form a minority govt, the Bloc or NDP will likely go along with w/e he wants anyway.

Why is he so disliked?
    He's in over his head kind of like Trump. He's also had a few issues like the SNC Lavelin affair. The ironic thing was that he ran on election reform but didn't institute it, if he had, he would of lost.

Basically, it was a choice between the lesser of two evils though. Scheer is just as incompetent as Trudeau.

There were four main parties running, two on the right and three on the right. Maxime Bernier, who lost the conservative nomination to Scheer, was the Trump model candidate....he never even won his seat. So while the conservatives may have won the popular vote, Canada is still a heavily liberal nation, with 2/3s of the country voting for a left of centre candidate.

People in Alberta and Saskatchewan are talking separation but that wont happen for numerous reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    with this thing called the internet this is possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Why is he so disliked?
    Where to start? It's really complicated and due to a variety of issues, historically and present.

His dad has a pretty brutal legacy out west for when he was Prime Minister in the 80s. So right after he was elected, he wasn't liked out west. Oil and gas hasn't recovered since the 2014 collapse, and some of his legislation that's been passed has been seen as too tough environmentally and strangling the industry out of existence. Alberta is like the Texas of Canada so it relies heavily on the oil industry. The oil industry also has an export problem, and BC and Quebec won't allow pipelines to be built across their provinces. The federal government had to buy a pipeline to basically force it through BC.

And then just being out of touch. Politically you need Quebec and Ontario if you want to win the PM, so as the economy sucks out west, people see him as only focusing on people out east. And then just being so politically correct, too progressive and then just forcing it down people's throats is the perception. He's had some really embarassing overseas trips too. And then of course he's considered an elite. And then there was a big corruption scandal where he ended up firing the Justice Minister. And then blackface. I read people mock Obama for being a community organizer, well Trudeau was a drama teacher....

The Lost Boys of PSD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast