Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kings reach agreement with Buddy Hield 4 yrs 86 million + 20 million in incentives

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/artic...es-595907.html

Seems like a lot but everything is super inflated now.

Good for Buddy. Good for the Kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Deal is structured to get smaller each year. Smart.

That's $21-26M/yr, his max should be $29M. If the incentives are easy I don't see how that was worth haggling over and possibly alienating your guy. If the incentives are reasonable it's a fair deal.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    That's $21-26M/yr, his max should be $29M. If the incentives are easy I don't see how that was worth haggling over and possibly alienating your guy. If the incentives are reasonable it's a fair deal.
    I think itís All Star, Playoff and Finals so 1/3 is achievable

Edit:

More details, per source: The incentives in Buddy Hield's Kings extension are team and player based, including things like All-Star appearances and Finals appearances. His salary declines 8% year over year, and is slated to take up just 13.5% of the cap in the fourth year.

ó Sam Amick (@sam_amick) October 21, 2019
    Last edited by TrueFan420; 10-21-2019 at 02:35 PM.

It's a great deal. Buddy is an elite shooter with a relentless work ethic. Keeps the Fox/Hield backcourt locked up and is structured well enough so the Kings won't be screwed.

Fire Luke Walton

These guys who were about to enter restricted free agency this coming summer, know what they're doing.

There's gonna be no cash anywhere in the summer of 2020. Guys will be singing the QO, holding out or signing for significantly less.

Can't use other teams as leverage on an offer sheet when almost everyone is gonna be at or over the cap to open free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    These guys who were about to enter restricted free agency this coming summer, know what they're doing.

There's gonna be no cash anywhere in the summer of 2020. Guys will be singing the QO, holding out or signing for significantly less.

Can't use other teams as leverage on an offer sheet when almost everyone is gonna be at or over the cap to open free agency.
    It's what happened last year too. And teams the year before were trying to just sign players to 1 year deals and players were looking for 1 year deals so they could cash in the next year when they thought big money was going to be available. A lot of players have been screwed by overly optimistic agents.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It's what happened last year too. And teams the year before were trying to just sign players to 1 year deals and players were looking for 1 year deals so they could cash in the next year when they thought big money was going to be available. A lot of players have been screwed by overly optimistic agents.
    This is about to be a historic drop in cap. Agents, players, families... They need to sign and extend while they can.

Congrats to Buddy tho, played it smart.

I like this deal for Sacramento. Minus the incentives, this is essentially the same contract they gave Barnes. And Hield's upside is far greater than Barnes. They need to find a way to keep Fox and Bagley as well, long-term, though. At some point, they may have to decide which of those guys to part ways with. I'm not sure they can afford to keep all four of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Part of that is all these guys seeing KD type money, saying "why can't I get that?" because they don't understand how the cap balloon worked. Agents who tell their clients "you won't get that type of money" aren't that player's agent for long.

I bought a house a few years back and I would make comments and ask the realtor what she thought, and every single time she just agreed with me, even though by the end I was purposefully making ridiculous statements. They don't care, they just want make a sale and get their commission. That's agents in a nutshell.

Norton Antivirus on computer system, one can secure their portable computer and will check that of the protection likewise as privacy of the info. Application, data and code. No virus, phishing scam, bug or totally different threat can harm your device. If you needed to urge any of the aforementioned plans on your device then you will be able to transfer, purchase and activate antivirus on your device. norton.com/setup | norton.com/setup | norton.com/setup

Nice signing by the kings. Structured nicely too where they can retain more of that core. He's legit offensively and a nice 3rd maybe 2nd option on a championship calibre team.

He was one of my favorite players coming out of college so I'm glad he is making a name for himself. The thing that scares me a bit is that I think he's a great player to play off your superstar but not the superstar of the team. Yet with the amount he is getting paid, he will have to play that role in SAC

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    He was one of my favorite players coming out of college so I'm glad he is making a name for himself. The thing that scares me a bit is that I think he's a great player to play off your superstar but not the superstar of the team. Yet with the amount he is getting paid, he will have to play that role in SAC
    He's not really getting paid that much in comparison to other superstars, so I disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast