Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 80 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1539
    Ahh man this is not lookong good

This wouldn't even be close if Smart wasn't shooting Curry numbers.

They played hard, made good adjustments. It comes down to knocking down shots.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Well I definitely didn’t see smart/walker outplaying VanVleet and Lowry coming.

Lowrys been good. I think he’s giving everything he can.
    VanVleet seems distracted. He’s a difference maker when he’s hitting those 3’s. When he isn’t a difference maker from 3 then he needs to be making the smart play constantly, and he isn’t even doing that. Very pedestrian so far this series.

It’s too bad the refs are blowing Davis out of this series. I could see him coming in and giving us a boost if he had a legit opportunity. Powell hasn’t given us much.

Feed Ibaka more? I don’t know.

I actually think it might be an advantage to be the away team in the bubble. I hate the fake crowd noise.

Smart hit like what 6's in the 4th quarter? Nothing we can do about that. He shot 13% against Philly. He is shooting 55% against us.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Smart hit like what 6's in the 4th quarter? Nothing we can do about that. He shot 13% against Philly. He is shooting 55% against us.
    He hit 2 against Philly smh

“It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

yeah idk. it seems like our game plan is to let one of their big 3 pop off while gambling on their supporting cast. That gamble isnt working out. And honestly, some of those 3s were ridiculous.

idk if we can keep playing Lowry and FVV together. Maybe get a bigger guard out there like TD. It is wayyyyy too easy for Tatum and it's not like we're shutting down everyone else.

It sucks that Siakam hasn't been able to dominate on his size advantage. He had a decent game but that 4th quarter was one to forget.

I know this is a stupid pandemic bubble-tournament but I'm still gutted at how we've played and how we just seem to labour with everything. These guys are fighting for their lives on the court and in contrast Boston is just breezing through with amazing confidence and swagger.

These first two games are a culmination of all of our fears that we tried to ignore and hide in our collective subconscious i.e. inefficient halfcourt offense, Siakam as an unreliable scorer in the clutch, an old Lowry having to carry the offense in the playoffs etc etc.

Credit to Brad Stevens for taking our playbook and lighting it on fire. Totally outplayed and dismantled.

lol what. Stevens hasn't done anything special and they haven't "outplayed and dismantled" us. We're beating them in nearly every statistical category. We just can't make shots and it isn't even their defence. We're missing open shots, layups, threes etc.

lol what. Stevens hasn't done anything special and they haven't "outplayed and dismantled" us. We're beating them in nearly every statistical category. We just can't make shots and it isn't even their defence. We're missing open shots, layups, threes etc.
    In all 8 quarters so far we haven't outplayed them once. For example the first quarter in game 2 was a huge improvement over game 1 but the Celtics still came back and tied it anyway. We have no momentum in the half court and so we're relying on turnovers to bail out our woeful offense except Celtics are great at tracking back and making stops.

They also outrebounded us (amazingly) even though Kanter never played a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by canzano55 View Post
    In all 8 quarters so far we haven't outplayed them once. For example the first quarter in game 2 was a huge improvement over game 1 but the Celtics still came back and tied it anyway. We have no momentum in the half court and so we're relying on turnovers to bail out our woeful offense except Celtics are great at tracking back and making stops.

They also outrebounded us (amazingly) even though Kanter never played a minute.
    What has Stevens specifically done to torch our playbook?

How have the Celtics "outplayed and dismantled" us? Marcus Smart hitting 6 3s and a 4 pt play is outplaying and dismantling us? Really?

We got blown out in the first game and we still attempted more shots. We lost by 3 this game and we attempted 14 more shots then them. We commit less fouls, dominate them in the paint, have fewer turnovers and have more transition buckets. In what world is that being outplayed and dismantled.

We have no momentum in the half court and so we're relying on turnovers to bail out our woeful offense except Celtics are great at tracking back and making stops.
    That's literally Raptors basketball? Hello?

"Relying on turnovers" ... is that a bad faith tactic to avoid saying forcing turnovers?

I think trying to force turnovers isnt a bad thing lol. I think its more that game 1 and 2 we were not helped out much by the fact boston were getting double the calls we were initially. So more often than not we were also going up against a half court set defence. Boston also seems to be better at getting back on transition anyways so it was bound to be more of a half court game. You could see our guys trying to speed up the game at times and forcing turnovers as well. On the other hand it seems taytum and co play under control and change speeds well. Pascal is definitely not getting to his usual spots. He normally is a better corner three guy. Lowry, Pascal and guys have repeatedly tried to get some foul calls down low by driving into a crowd but props to boston. They have defended well without fouling much/getting called for much.

Still think we are too good of a team that we give this series away this easily. Im okay with not coming out on top this series, just gives us the ability to really go out their and retool and get a look at our young guys next season. The way the roster is setup, we are very very good, but the obvious hole is the 1 guy that can get his own shot. So always bound to struggle in the playoffs. Im happy masai isnt the type of guy to be satisfied with a team that just makes the playoff and plays hard without results.

What has Stevens specifically done to torch our playbook?

That's literally Raptors basketball? Hello?

"Relying on turnovers" ... is that a bad faith tactic to avoid saying forcing turnovers?

I'm still shaking my head at those Marcus Smart threes.

Page 80 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast