Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 71 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1539
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Yeah. Both teams try to do similar things (ex. D -> transition) and we have players that like to play the same way (ex. Dragic always pressuring) . We're just better. I don't think the Raptors were ready for the Heat's physicality and conditioning and let them come back into the game. The Lakers didn't play this hard.

Bam has a scary future. He is like a hybrid of Pascal and Gasol. I remember Masai wanting to trade up for him. Can you imagine Pascal + Bam?
    Love Bam. His passing and motor is what stands out to me. I did not think he was going to turn into the player he is now. He seemed like an energy big who can defend, rebound and get in transition but he's turned out to be pretty good scorer. I guess sort of like Siakam. That combo would have been scary.

I like the Heat overall. Butler seemed passive for some reason but the Raptors did a good job funneling him towards Marc or Ibaka whenever he tried to attack.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by aman_13; 08-04-2020 at 04:42 PM.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Love Bam. His passing and motor is what stands out to me. I did not think he was going to turn into the player he is now. He seemed like an energy big who can defend, rebound and get in transition but he's turned out to be pretty good scorer. I guess sort of like Siakam. That combo would have been scary.

I like the Heat overall. Butler seemed passive for some reason but the Raptors did a good job funneling him towards Marc or Ibaka whenever he tried to attack.

Yeah I also didn’t think bam had this type of ceiling. Been very impressed with his development.

Bam could be this years MIP, but I think Siakam actually deserves it again. After becoming the focus of other teams' defense he has lead them to possibly a better regular season than last years team led by Kawhi. I know FVV, Powell and Lowry have all had big bumps in their PPG numbers as well and also have stepped up, but Siakam has taken his game to another level.

I've said it before, but the athletes Masai and Bobby have collected is getting pretty impressive. Then you blend that with the basketball IQ of Lowry, FVV and Gasol and they can do anything you want as a coach. They can play big and own the paint with Ibaka and Gasol. They can play small and run you out of the gym with guys like Siakam, Powell, OG and Davis filling the lanes for Lowry or FVV. With this versatile roster and a creative guy like Nick Nurse at the helm, I like their chances of figuring out a way to compete with anyone in a 7 game series.

Interesting move to let RHJ initiate some of the offense. He made some nice reads going downhill.

“It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Siakam needs to focus on going up with more force when attacking. He tends to get knocked off balance.

Interesting move to let RHJ initiate some of the offense. He made some nice reads going downhill.

I noticed that as well. Nurse is trying out a new look it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Bam could be this years MIP, but I think Siakam actually deserves it again. After becoming the focus of other teams' defense he has lead them to possibly a better regular season than last years team led by Kawhi. I know FVV, Powell and Lowry have all had big bumps in their PPG numbers as well and also have stepped up, but Siakam has taken his game to another level.

I've said it before, but the athletes Masai and Bobby have collected is getting pretty impressive. Then you blend that with the basketball IQ of Lowry, FVV and Gasol and they can do anything you want as a coach. They can play big and own the paint with Ibaka and Gasol. They can play small and run you out of the gym with guys like Siakam, Powell, OG and Davis filling the lanes for Lowry or FVV. With this versatile roster and a creative guy like Nick Nurse at the helm, I like their chances of figuring out a way to compete with anyone in a 7 game series.
    I’m having a very tough time picturing a team beating the raptors to 4 wins. I don’t even know why it would take. Even heroics from any player in the league can be snuffed out by nurse from what I’ve seen.

I can't say the Raptors are not without concern. As elite as their defense is, they do give up the most open threes in the NBA. There is a method to their madness as they pick and choose how they rotate based on the team they are up against but they are susceptible to giving up leads and allowing teams to get hot.

Offensively, we know they rely on transition and ball movement to get their looks. They have a very good half court offense, especially when Marc Gasol is on the floor but one has to wonder who gets that bucket when all else fails? They certainly have players that can step up but not at the level of Kawhi of course and how much will that effect them?

With that said, I do agree they are going to be a tough out and I am excited about their chances. Hoepfully they can surprise everyone again.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post

I'd say MIP is between Bam, Sabonis and SGA. I get the case for Siakam but I have a hard time seeing him get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

I can't say the Raptors are not without concern. As elite as their defense is, they do give up the most open threes in the NBA. There is a method to their madness as they pick and choose how they rotate based on the team they are up against but they are susceptible to giving up leads and allowing teams to get hot.

Offensively, we know they rely on transition and ball movement to get their looks. They have a very good half court offense, especially when Marc Gasol is on the floor but one has to wonder who gets that bucket when all else fails? They certainly have players that can step up but not at the level of Kawhi of course and how much will that effect them?

With that said, I do agree they are going to be a tough out and I am excited about their chances. Hoepfully they can surprise everyone again.

Certainly not without concern. There aren’t that many kawhi level big shot makers in the east though. Other than giannis, is there anyone in the east that you would want taking the last shot more than Lowry? I can’t think of anyone better off the top of my head. Tre young maybe?

Siakam is getting paid big bucks to be that guy. The hope is he grows in to that role. And then it has to be Vanvleet.

If these guys cant fill that role then Siakam shouldnt have gotten that contract, and FVV is up for big money this offseason too. But Ive been hella impressed with both this season. I think they can take the torch.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 08-07-2020 at 03:37 AM.

Certainly not without concern. There aren’t that many kawhi level big shot makers in the east though. Other than giannis, is there anyone in the east that you would want taking the last shot more than Lowry? I can’t think of anyone better off the top of my head. Tre young maybe?
    In the east ?
    Siakam
    Butler
    Tatum
    Embiid
    Beal
    Oladipo
    Walker
    Griffen ??
    Vanvleet?

Lowry is terrible at taking the last shot. He always puts his head down and drives straight in to 3 defenders. If you close your eyes you can literally visualize it, its burnt in to your subconscience. Lol

He does many things great, but taking the last shot has never been one of em.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    In the east ?
    Siakam
    Butler
    Tatum
    Embiid
    Beal
    Oladipo
    Walker
    Griffen ??
    Vanvleet?

Lowry is terrible at taking the last shot. He always puts his head down and drives straight in to 3 defenders. If you close your eyes you can literally visualize it, its burnt in to your subconscience. Lol

He does many things great, but taking the last shot has never been one of em.
    Ok fair enough. The scenario in my head is nurse drawn up play that leaves a guy open for a 3 buzzer beater.
    On that list, the only guy I would expect to hit that shot more than Lowry would probably be Beal.

Ok fair enough. The scenario in my head is nurse drawn up play that leaves a guy open for a 3 buzzer beater.
    On that list, the only guy I would expect to hit that shot more than Lowry would probably be Beal.
    I'd have confidence in VanVleet, Walker and Tatum too.

Also, wouldn't it be great if drawing up a good play was all that was required for an open 3 buzzer beater ?

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I'd have confidence in VanVleet, Walker and Tatum too.

Also, wouldn't it be great if drawing up a good play was all that was required for an open 3 buzzer beater ?
    Haha true.

I remember Boston drawing up a great play to get Allen an open 3 with 6 seconds on the clock to beat us before. It’s doable.

Page 71 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast