Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 63 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Fun game last night. The Raptors were great defensively, but couldn't get it going on the offensive end. They got a lot of good looks, just didn't fall. They will have to knock those 3s down to have a chance.

I loved what i saw from Davis and Thomas. If Thomas can continue to improve on the defensive end, he should earn more playing time. Davis is impressive, he is showing that he can do a little bit of everything. Boucher was very good as well, did a nice job on both ends.

The Raptors missed Marc and Powell last night, especially Marc's playmaking.
    I don’t think Boucher will get any minutes in the playoffs until we face the bucks. I think we have 3 guys to check giannis in Boucher, RHJ and siakam. We want to avoid Ibaka on him even though it seems like a good matchup on paper.
    I’ve been saying the same thing about giannis since he entered the league, and his FT + 3pt %’s continue to prove me right... stop him in his tracks and make him make plays from standing still. He is the scariest player the league has ever seen when he’s moving, but he wouldn’t even be in the league if he couldn’t get a head of steam. The guy cannot do anything at an above average level when he is standing still.

I walk away from last nights game with a lot of optimism though. The bucks played really well on both sides of the floor. Even on offence the bucks made the most of what they could get from our defence (a defence that was basically just experimenting all night).
    I don’t see how the bucks could have played much better. Bledsoe was Bledsoe, Lopez was Lopez, Middleton was great and giannis was giannis. Their defence was good and their offence took what it could.
    The raptors can play much better though. We almost came back with that full four press FVV open deep 3. The defence will play a lot better with a solid game plan in the playoffs, and hopefully our starters won’t be cold for the entire 7 game series.

I really think we can get back to the finals. Nurse is probably the X factor.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I don’t think Boucher will get any minutes in the playoffs until we face the bucks. I think we have 3 guys to check giannis in Boucher, RHJ and siakam. We want to avoid Ibaka on him even though it seems like a good matchup on paper.
    I’ve been saying the same thing about giannis since he entered the league, and his FT + 3pt %’s continue to prove me right... stop him in his tracks and make him make plays from standing still. He is the scariest player the league has ever seen when he’s moving, but he wouldn’t even be in the league if he couldn’t get a head of steam. The guy cannot do anything at an above average level when he is standing still.

I walk away from last nights game with a lot of optimism though. The bucks played really well on both sides of the floor. Even on offence the bucks made the most of what they could get from our defence (a defence that was basically just experimenting all night).
    I don’t see how the bucks could have played much better. Bledsoe was Bledsoe, Lopez was Lopez, Middleton was great and giannis was giannis. Their defence was good and their offence took what it could.
    The raptors can play much better though. We almost came back with that full four press FVV open deep 3. The defence will play a lot better with a solid game plan in the playoffs, and hopefully our starters won’t be cold for the entire 7 game series.

I really think we can get back to the finals. Nurse is probably the X factor.
    They shot only 38% which obviously has a lot to do with the defense of the Raptors but they also missed some looks from three. They could have played better as well.

Their offense is what it is though. They are going to drive and kick. Not as predictable as last year though.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    They shot only 38% which obviously has a lot to do with the defense of the Raptors but they also missed some looks from three. They could have played better as well.

Their offense is what it is though. They are going to drive and kick. Not as predictable as last year though.

If Middleton didn’t get hot in the 4th then we win. He hit some tough shots, the type of shots I want him taking.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    If Middleton didn’t get hot in the 4th then we win. He hit some tough shots, the type of shots I want him taking.
    Yeah and the ft disparity didnt help. Plenty to like about the game.

“It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Raptors in a playoff series against the Bucks this time this season I don't see how y'all beat them come playoff time in a playoff series especially without Kawhi...I can't see it. Not to mention Milwaukee this season is virtually unbeatable...the first team to clinch their playoff spot and they did it early. Only 8 losses all season and their home record is impeccable. Really explain to me how y'all can stop Giannis, Middleton and company especially in a playoff series?

Milwaukee's team this year is so much better than last year's team by far

But honestly tho...Toronto had Milwaukee in that game but then y'all played sloppy and if you think playing sloppy against the Bucks will get the job done, it won't.

But then again the Raptors face the Hornets tomorrow at home at Scotiabank Arena so y'all better show up especially against the Hornets

However, Toronto in order for them to clinch their spot in the playoffs they have to win like their next 5 or 6 games at least

I think it's hilarious you come in game after game demanding for a win or else the Raptors won't meet some arbitrary benchmark you've created out of thin air. Do you have a template full of blanks where you fill in the next team we face? The dedication is amazing.

lool Tg is hilarious.

Perhaps Norm returns tmw!

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I think it's hilarious you come in game after game demanding for a win or else the Raptors won't meet some arbitrary benchmark you've created out of thin air. Do you have a template full of blanks where you fill in the next team we face? The dedication is amazing.
    I have him blocked but can probably guess the statement. Arbitrary and repetitive are good descriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I have him blocked but can probably guess the statement. Arbitrary and repetitive are good descriptions.
    Are we sure there isn't one in each teams forum. Feels like something manufactured to keep this site alive.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

We have spent a lot of years on this forum. Still holding out hope that the people who run this site will care enough to give this site a chance to get more users.

That said, it is still fun talking ball here, even though it may take hours or a whole day to get a reply lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Are we sure there isn't one in each teams forum. Feels like something manufactured to keep this site alive.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    lol. Unfortunately the human condition only gets more depressing when reviewing the sincerity conveyed in social media. Hard to know anymore whether people are "well-intentioned" or floating in a sea of waste... I post here for the many that have genuinely and sincerely enjoyed interesting and challenging discourse. Enough of that still exists, but the drones of mindless admittedly are incredibly irritating.

Hes just looking to troll. Like Giannis94. Thoigh To be fair, its not like we dont have regular raps posters here who dont make smarky comments about other teams or players.

Why do we keep losing games like that?

You gotta win that game. On to the next one!

What a weak ****ing call there at the end.. the lady had to be a hero. My thoughts are exactly that of coach. Pathetic.

Second note here, I’m not a fan of Jefferson at all. Plain and simple he does not know his role something I hate In sports. Athletes who don’t know there role.

Just want the raps healthy again. Stranger things have happened. With a healthy gasol and team we have a fighting chance to defeat bucks.

Page 63 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast