Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    What Raptors need to go is get another wing scorer but they need to strengthen their bench too

I'm so happy that Irving dropped 50 and Brooklyn still lost. **** Brooklyn.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I'm so happy that Irving dropped 50 and Brooklyn still lost. **** Brooklyn.
    Masai said it best.. **** Brooklyn aaaand their two bail out artists

I wonder how long Nurse will go with the 8 man rotation. They can't do it all season, especially being a veteran group. I expect Boucher to get some minutes tomorrow and maybe we will see Johnson in as well.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I wonder how long Nurse will go with the 8 man rotation. They can't do it all season, especially being a veteran group. I expect Boucher to get some minutes tomorrow and maybe we will see Johnson in as well.
    I think we see McCaw before Johnson. I agree that the 8 man rotation can't go all year. I'm hoping it was just because of the circumstances of that game. Hopefully a 10 or 11 man rotation happens this year. McCaw, Johnson and Boucher are all guys I can see getting some minutes.
    HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I think we see McCaw before Johnson. I agree that the 8 man rotation can't go all year. I'm hoping it was just because of the circumstances of that game. Hopefully a 10 or 11 man rotation happens this year. McCaw, Johnson and Boucher are all guys I can see getting some minutes.
    Yeah McCaw is likely ahead of Johnson at this point. I could definitely see him playing tomorrow, although i doubt he is on Nurse's good books at this juncture. At least that's the impression i got based on his presser comments over the last week or so.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Yeah McCaw is likely ahead of Johnson at this point. I could definitely see him playing tomorrow, although i doubt he is on Nurse's good books at this juncture. At least that's the impression i got based on his presser comments over the last week or so.
    I thought he was talking about SJ and RHJ because the question they asked Nurse was regarding the “new” additions

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I thought he was talking about SJ and RHJ because the question they asked Nurse was regarding the “new” additions
    I think he was referring to a bunch of guys. Not just those two, McCaw has barely touched the floor and there was a belief that he was going to get a much larger role coming into camp.

I think he was referring to a bunch of guys. Not just those two, McCaw has barely touched the floor and there was a belief that he was going to get a much larger role coming into camp.
    Yeah that’s true

McCaw is hurt. Those very pointed comments were definitely about SJ and RHJ. It's gonna be tough for Boucher because he's really just a 4th big behind Gasol, Ibaka and Siakam.

An 8 man rotation is fine with the schedule now. If that game doesn't go into OT you would have had:

Lowry- 40 min
    FVV- 39 min
    OG- 31 min
    Siakam- 38 min
    Gasol- 27 min

Ibaka- 26 min
    Powell- 19 min
    Davis- 15 min

You will see more guys on back to backs, but there is nothing wrong with your best players getting 38+ mpg. Especially FVV and Siakam.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    McCaw is hurt. Those very pointed comments were definitely about SJ and RHJ. It's gonna be tough for Boucher because he's really just a 4th big behind Gasol, Ibaka and Siakam.

An 8 man rotation is fine with the schedule now. If that game doesn't go into OT you would have had:

Lowry- 40 min
    FVV- 39 min
    OG- 31 min
    Siakam- 38 min
    Gasol- 27 min

Ibaka- 26 min
    Powell- 19 min
    Davis- 15 min

You will see more guys on back to backs, but there is nothing wrong with your best players getting 38+ mpg. Especially FVV and Siakam.
    Yeah that’s how I took it as well, I think the comments were directed towards SJ & RHJ. I didn’t know Mcaw was injured ?

To your other point I just think Lowry can’t be playing 40 min a night. Or even 35+ mins per game. I’d like to manage his minutes because we need him healthy come playoff time. He’s the engine of the team. Siakam and FVV have young legs though. They can run all night
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 10-25-2019 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post

Lowry- 40 min
    FVV- 39 min
    OG- 31 min
    Siakam- 38 min
    Gasol- 27 min

Ibaka- 26 min
    Powell- 19 min
    Davis- 15 min

Yeah didn't know McCaw was hurt. RHJ is also injured. Both could play tonight.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Anyone else feel that having 2 pgs with Marc is extremely wasteful?

Any comment one that challenge? I'm not a rule book expert, but that gets called a defensive foul 100/100 times by the refs over the past decade. The coaches challenges are going wreck some of the refs "house rules" they use to call the game (ie. make up calls, defensive players leaving their feet early always getting call against them, the whole, "it went out of bounds on team a, but team b probably fouled a bit. we don't want to call the foul so we'll just give team a the ball back.")

Interesting they called that back. The refs see a play they call in live action 98% of the time but when they see it on replay, they see what we have been complaining about the last few years. Marc leaned in just like so many players have done in the past.

As for the game, rebounding will be a concern with this team. Siakam is still raw in certain areas. We really need him to punish the small gaurds on switches but he still struggles. He also needs to trust his in between game that he has been working on all summer.

Also it would be nice if Marc can contribute even a little bit of offense lol. Just an open three here or there would be cool. I'd say both teams can play a lot better in the second half.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast