Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Fred has improved but he is still not very good at finishing at the rim and has been inefficient shooting wise so far. His raw numbers look good but it's a product of his increased shot attempts and playing time.

This is a good learning experience for him. He should only get better but he still has ways to go before we consider him anywhere close to an all star.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    He’s getting into that kemba range imo.
    It is possible but I think VanVleet will get an All Star snub because I don't think he'll get enough votes in the East because remember All Star voting is gonna start up soon and when it does VanVleet in a packed East he may not get enough votes because remember millions of fans vote but also players vote too and coaches as well but I can't see FVV getting enough votes because of league popularity

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    It is possible but I think VanVleet will get an All Star snub because I don't think he'll get enough votes in the East because remember All Star voting is gonna start up soon and when it does VanVleet in a packed East he may not get enough votes because remember millions of fans vote but also players vote too and coaches as well but I can't see FVV getting enough votes because of league popularity
    Yeah I don’t think he will be an all star this year.

I just think he can be as good as kemba eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Yeah I don’t think he will be an all star this year.

I just think he can be as good as kemba eventually.
    Well then yeah but only if he continues to attack the basket more and is more aggressive on offense

I would hope not. His efficiency is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I would hope not. His efficiency is garbage.
    I actually dont mind it. It's killing his efficiency but I think over time it's going to improve his layup package. He is spinning it off a higher point on the backboard, which is one of the reasons why he is inconsistent.

Just want to add, he is doing this as a result of being so aggressive and finding himself in too much congestion.

I think with more reps, he will have a better feel for it and will just improve overall.

Last edited by aman_13; 11-24-2019 at 07:02 PM.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

He gets the ball at the back end of the clock a lot having to go one on one too. I've never thought of him as a ball hog or anything.

He takes a lot of deep 3's in 2 for 1 situations too which kills his 3pt%. He doesn't get to simply spot up in the corner much anymore with Lowry out.

The reality is Siakam probably won't even get to start with Giannis playing the 4 in Milwaukee. I hope he does though cause he deserves it.

Would you guys trade another future 1st rounder to get an addition at the deadline? The way the raptors have been able to find guys like FVV, Davis and Boucher without using draft picks at all just shows me they don't need that low first round pick that much. I'm just not sure what they really need. They are going 10 deep right now and are still waiting to get Lowry and Ibaka back.

I think the guy that may make the most sense to go after is Andre Drummond. They need to get better on the boards, and he's one of , if not the best in the league.

I love Gasol, but dude isnt much of a scorer or a rebounder since he stands out at the 3pt line. Is he a huge part of this team, or would you do:

Gasol
    1st round pick

For

Drummond

Fred is shooting 37% at 6.7 attempts, which is pretty good. His 3 point shooting is what keeps him from being a liability offensively and of course his improved playmaking.

He has the mechanics and numbers to back up being an elite three point shooter and is going to be his ticket to make a lot of money.

I can see him raising his play to an all star caliber player at some point in his career. Since this is a transition year, I'm all for experimenting and allowing the players to make mistakes. Watching them develop and grow is a lot of fun because they have serious upside.

Masai and Bobby have set this team up to make a big splash in the trade market at some point, with 2021 being the year to put another serious contender on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    He gets the ball at the back end of the clock a lot having to go one on one too. I've never thought of him as a ball hog or anything.

He takes a lot of deep 3's in 2 for 1 situations too which kills his 3pt%. He doesn't get to simply spot up in the corner much anymore with Lowry out.

The reality is Siakam probably won't even get to start with Giannis playing the 4 in Milwaukee. I hope he does though cause he deserves it.

Would you guys trade another future 1st rounder to get an addition at the deadline? The way the raptors have been able to find guys like FVV, Davis and Boucher without using draft picks at all just shows me they don't need that low first round pick that much. I'm just not sure what they really need. They are going 10 deep right now and are still waiting to get Lowry and Ibaka back.

I think the guy that may make the most sense to go after is Andre Drummond. They need to get better on the boards, and he's one of , if not the best in the league.

I love Gasol, but dude isnt much of a scorer or a rebounder since he stands out at the 3pt line. Is he a huge part of this team, or would you do:

Gasol
    1st round pick

For

Drummond
    You cant get Drummond for Gasol and a 1st. You are basically asking them to gift him to us.

Even FVV, Davis and a first doesn't get it done. I don't see a trade happening this season.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post

Gasol
    1st round pick

For

Drummond
    Drummond isn't the type of player I'd want to build around. He has some undeniable talent, but he costs a ton, can't space the floor and despite his athleticism and blocks, isn't actually the defender you'd expect someone of his ilk to be.

I would love to get Beal. It just doesn't seem like the Wizards will part with him. I dont think we have the assets right now either to get that caliber of a player.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Drummond isn't the type of player I'd want to build around. He has some undeniable talent, but he costs a ton, can't space the floor and despite his athleticism and blocks, isn't actually the defender you'd expect someone of his ilk to be.
    Yeah he’s a counting stats guy.

I would be down to upgrade Gasol somehow, but I want to keep those 1sts.
    There is a big difference between OG/Siakam vs Boucher etc.

I want that high ceiling talent. We have seen what superstar talent can do.

Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    gasol honestly confuses me, why is he so bad around the rim?
    I dont get it either

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I would love to get Beal. It just doesn't seem like the Wizards will part with him. I dont think we have the assets right now either to get that caliber of a player.

We had our window to trade for him last year but i remember the rumour being they wanted Siakam to start the talks. Sure glad we didnt go that route.

My concern with FVV is that hes going to be asking for siskam money in the off season and I'm not sure hes worth that. His body and style of play is not sustainable. Hell be injured more often then not as a starter. He already has a history of being prone. Plus I still think as good as he has been that ultimately hes undersized dont get me wrong, I would def love to have him I just think hes worth about 20-24 mil. But he will for sure go for max money as a free agent next season. It would suck to lose him but teams like the Knicks and Magic will throw stupid money at him because their desperate for a PG. FVV will also be at the top of the free agent list so all signs are point to max money what do you guys think? Would you resign him on a max if that's what his market demands?

Example, a one bedroom condo is going for 600k in Toronto. those are the prices but is it worth investing in that just because the market dictates it? Interesting debate

16. 11-25-2019, 01:23 AM

Page 26 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast