Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 21 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 1539
  1. #301
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20,837
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Btw what do you guys think about Raptors not giving Val, Wright and Miles a ring? I think it's kind of scummy considering they (especially JV) actually contributed during the season. Kinda breaking tradition.
    I think they will but they will present it at home.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,361
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I think they will but they will present it at home.
    Nope. Bobby confirmed that they will not be getting rings. It's kinda ****ed up because Lowry asked JV what his ring size is lmfao.
    Last edited by ecart; 11-17-2019 at 09:29 PM.

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    12,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Dude, c'mon. If you wanted to make a lineup of Carmelo's from the current generation tell me you wouldn't have DeRozan as the starting 2.

    The All Carmelo Anthony team:

    PG - requires more thought
    SG - Demar DeRozan
    SF - Carmelo Anthony
    PF - LaMarcus Aldridge
    C - requires more thought

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Whiteside comes to mind at the C spot.

    Westbrook and Irving come to mind at PG, but both a more talented than the others in my opinion?

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20,837
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Nope. Bobby confirmed that they will not be getting rings. It's kinda ****ed up because Lowry asked JV what his ring size is lmfao.
    Oh really? I didn't know that. They should get rings but to be fair, both JV and Wright have stated that they don't feel they deserve those rings. I think Delon wanted out if the rumors are true.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20,837
    Maybe the Wright rumors are not true based on his recent quote. I agree that it is disappointing. Wright said that he is okay with the decision and does not expect to get one because they did not ask him for his ring size. Val was asked by Lowry if I'm not mistaken. I would bet Lowry could change the team's mind if he feels strongly about it. Let's see what happens.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Dude, c'mon. If you wanted to make a lineup of Carmelo's from the current generation tell me you wouldn't have DeRozan as the starting 2.

    The All Carmelo Anthony team:

    PG - requires more thought
    SG - Demar DeRozan
    SF - Carmelo Anthony
    PF - LaMarcus Aldridge
    C - requires more thought

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Westbrook?
    Cousins?

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,723
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    How is Dirk overrated? You need fans to be overrated lmfao. Same thing with D12. He has been underrated since all the drama with the Lakers.

    Pre-injury Drose, Westbrook, Griffin etc were all more overrated than Dirk ever was.
    Forgot about griffin. Especially before he got his shot.

    Irving is a good pick at PG.

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,723
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Times have changed a lot. Kawhi gets "load management" while stars back then were called "soft" for not wanting to play through injuries. Dwight is only soft because he gets easily manipulated by the media and people like shaq/kobe.
    All this load management makes me think of iverson talking about practise.

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,361
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    All this load management makes me think of iverson talking about practise.
    It's just manufactured outrage so they have something to talk about. Mainstream sports media has been toxic ever since they tried to match the 24/7 news cycle. A lot of the **** they report on isn't actually newsworthy and means utter dog **** but it affects fans' perception of players and therefore their legacy. You have players like D12, KD etc come back too quick from injuries in an attempt to salvage their legacy. Guys like Lebron chucking up shots in the 4th to prove they can handle the pressure. That's why Kawhi is so frustrating for them. He gives them nothing.

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,361
    Point guard spot has to go to WB. Inefficient stat padder, who refuses to change because of his gigantic ego. Awful defensive player who tricked people into thinking he can play defense because of his athleticism.

    Kyrie is somewhat overrated but he's too efficient to be considered a Melo.

    If we're talking about players during Melo's prime years then Josh Smith, Bargs and Jamison are more deserving of that title than LMA.
    Last edited by ecart; 11-17-2019 at 11:50 PM.

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,078
    Not giving rings to JV and Wright is pretty bad imo. You gave them to guys who barely played all season long, but Wright who played almost as many regular season games for them as Kawhi did doesn't get a ring? I thought Masai was classier than that...

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    12,117
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Not giving rings to JV and Wright is pretty bad imo. You gave them to guys who barely played all season long, but Wright who played almost as many regular season games for them as Kawhi did doesn't get a ring? I thought Masai was classier than that...
    I am not sure what common practice is on these matters. Is it the norm that players who were traded off a championship winning team receive rings? If so, I'm curious what the reasoning is here. Did they feel bad they can't offer rings to DeMar and Casey and feel they had more to do with this championship than someone like CJ Miles so they just cut a different line in the sand?

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,361
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I am not sure what common practice is on these matters. Is it the norm that players who were traded off a championship winning team receive rings? If so, I'm curious what the reasoning is here. Did they feel bad they can't offer rings to DeMar and Casey and feel they had more to do with this championship than someone like CJ Miles so they just cut a different line in the sand?
    It's the norm to award players who contributed to the championship run. They contributed to wins that resulted in a homecourt advantage in the playoffs. Bobby's reasoning was that they consulted with teams around the league and they all said no, you shouldn't give them a ring. Just feels like a corporate cop out answer.

  14. #314
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    26,180
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Btw what do you guys think about Raptors not giving Val, Wright and Miles a ring? I think it's kind of scummy considering they (especially JV) actually contributed during the season. Kinda breaking tradition.
    I'm disgusted by it

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  15. #315
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    26,180
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Whiteside comes to mind at the C spot.

    Westbrook and Irving come to mind at PG, but both a more talented than the others in my opinion?
    Both Westbrook and Irving came to mind for me as well. Whitesides is a great call.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 21 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •