Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 56 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Was at the game. So Raptors are doing a 25th anniversary season of tributes to former players. Which is all well and good. Interesting to see that DeRozan, Poeltl and Lyles (canadian) got tributes, but none for Gay or Bellinelli. Probably could have done a montage with a few players lumped together? I don't really care mind you, but a bit of a slight to some guys who also played here.
    Yeah that's odd

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    He gives me Jason kapono/Danny Green vibes with better handles. He can somewhat put the ball on the floor and do a draw and kick where as the other two would make you cringe if they didn't shoot and tried to dribble. Watching them dribble was straight painful
    The defence and is better than kapono imo, and I hope he doesnít get kaponoitis and become afraid to throw up a 3 if he is covered even a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    The defence and is better than kapono imo, and I hope he doesnít get kaponoitis and become afraid to throw up a 3 if he is covered even a little bit.
    Kaponitis lmao I was hoping more for Kapono in miami not in Toronto, you know when he was actually good. He was awful as a raptor

Kaponitis lmao I was hoping more for Kapono in miami not in Toronto, you know when he was actually good. He was awful as a raptor
    Yeah I never understood why we didnít see more 3ís from him in Toronto. He was all about that floater.

Teams pretty healthy right now.

Yeah, full squad. Nurse went with a huge line up to start.

Just waiting on FVV this weekend.

So we saw in the first half last night how good this team can look at full strength. I know they are deep, but when FVV gets back they are going to be able to go with a top 8 again of...:

Gasol
    Ibaka
    Siakam
    OG
    Lowry
    ----------
    FVV
    Davis
    Powell

...and give everyone about 30mpg.

Boucher, RHJ and McCaw have played pretty well, but it's those 8 that are going to see the floor in the playoffs (imo). Obviously back-to-backs and blowouts would be different, but for big games and games when they are rested that is the rotation I want them to practice as much as possible. The defense on the floor with that starting unit is championship level.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    So we saw in the first half last night how good this team can look at full strength. I know they are deep, but when FVV gets back they are going to be able to go with a top 8 again of...:

Gasol
    Ibaka
    Siakam
    OG
    Lowry
    ----------
    FVV
    Davis
    Powell

...and give everyone about 30mpg.

Boucher, RHJ and McCaw have played pretty well, but it's those 8 that are going to see the floor in the playoffs (imo). Obviously back-to-backs and blowouts would be different, but for big games and games when they are rested that is the rotation I want them to practice as much as possible. The defense on the floor with that starting unit is championship level.
    I think RHJ has earned his mins. His defence and energy is is big for that 2nd unit

I think RHJ has earned his mins. His defence and energy is is big for that 2nd unit
    I think Powell, VanVleet and Davis provide enough "energy and defense" off the bench. More importantly though they are all guys who can knock down 3's when the ball is swung to them as well as create their own shot off the dribble.

He and Boucher were the guys I debated on the most before making that post though. I love their energy and defense too, I just see them as the 9th and 10th men in their rotation. Guys who can come in when people get into foul trouble, when they play back-to-backs and when people get injured. They just have 8 guys who deserve "starters minutes" imo who are all above them in the pecking order.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I think Powell, VanVleet and Davis provide enough "energy and defense" off the bench. More importantly though they are all guys who can knock down 3's when the ball is swung to them as well as create their own shot off the dribble.

He and Boucher were the guys I debated on the most before making that post though. I love their energy and defense too, I just see them as the 9th and 10th men in their rotation. Guys who can come in when people get into foul trouble, when they play back-to-backs and when people get injured. They just have 8 guys who deserve "starters minutes" imo who are all above them in the pecking order.
    I agree they are they 9th & 10th guys off the bench. However I also think Nurse needs to go with a bit of a deeper rotation moving fwd. We had a plethora of injuries and we can't burn the old guys like Lowry and Gasol out of we want to ensure health for the post season.

I see RHJ as the primary back up for OG at the 3. So I think he will see minutes regardless.

Overall though I agree with your assessment of the top 8 guys in the rotation. Terrance Davis is probably a top 10 rookie this year. What a tremendous bright spot he has been for us this season.

I agree they are they 9th & 10th guys off the bench. However I also think Nurse needs to go with a bit of a deeper rotation moving fwd. We had a plethora of injuries and we can't burn the old guys like Lowry and Gasol out of we want to ensure health for the post season.

I see RHJ as the primary back up for OG at the 3. So I think he will see minutes regardless.

Overall though I agree with your assessment of the top 8 guys in the rotation. Terrance Davis is probably a top 10 rookie this year. What a tremendous bright spot he has been for us this season.
    I agree smith.

We have our top 8, but we should be playing a deep roster on most nights. Especially down the stretch as we prepare for the loffs.

I personally have Boucher ahead of RHJ because he spreads the floor and the offensive+defensive schemes can remain consistent whit him subbing for any of the bigs. RHJ might be the only guy on the roster who cannot shoot the 3, so the game plan must be different with him on the floor.

Patrick Mccaw is usually the worst +/-
    How is he getting so many minutes

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I agree smith.

We have our top 8, but we should be playing a deep roster on most nights. Especially down the stretch as we prepare for the loffs.

I personally have Boucher ahead of RHJ because he spreads the floor and the offensive+defensive schemes can remain consistent whit him subbing for any of the bigs. RHJ might be the only guy on the roster who cannot shoot the 3, so the game plan must be different with him on the floor.
    Yeah Boucher should be getting mins for sure. He's the primary big behind Gasol and Ibaka. Last game Nurse started Gasol and Ibaka together. He doesn't have that flexibility with out Boucher in the rotation.

I think both Boucher, RHJ both should be in the rotation. Both guys have been a huge lift and completely bailed us out when we had all those injuries.

I'm starting to be concerned with FVV being injury prone and over paid (in free agency). The guy could never play a full season and is usually insures multiple times through the season. That's only going to get worse as he gets older. I'm leaning towards letting him walk if he is offered stupid money in free agency.

Good back to back wins to get us back in 3rd

Page 56 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast