Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 72 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1539
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Haha true.

I remember Boston drawing up a great play to get Allen an open 3 with 6 seconds on the clock to beat us before. It’s doable.
    Players have to execute though. Screens set at right place, right time. Opponents defend your set as you would predict them to, etc. No coach can just draw up an open shot .

I think it is wrong to isolate it to one play. There aren't that many games won on a buzzer beater. That's too Hollywood. Most players, even the ones that fans universally agree are "clutch" have garbage %s in crunch time.

Basketball is a game of runs. If the other team is making a run against you, and your offence is struggling, who is going to answer back? There's no point in arguing about the last shot when you can't even put yourself in that position. This was/is what we struggle the most with, without Kawhi. Sure, Kawhi had that shot but there were so many games especially during the Sixers series where it was literally just him getting buckets and keeping us alive.

Nobody on that list can consistently do that IMO.
    Last edited by ecart; 08-07-2020 at 05:06 PM.

Certainly not without concern. There aren’t that many kawhi level big shot makers in the east though. Other than giannis, is there anyone in the east that you would want taking the last shot more than Lowry? I can’t think of anyone better off the top of my head. Tre young maybe?
    Yeah I'm not necessarily talking about the last shot. More so on who gets you those buckets when the game slows down. As we know, this happens a lot in the playoffs, especially with the switching and teams getting back in transition.

Kawhi was so big in these situations against Philly and Milwaukee.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Siakam is getting paid big bucks to be that guy. The hope is he grows in to that role. And then it has to be Vanvleet.

If these guys cant fill that role then Siakam shouldnt have gotten that contract, and FVV is up for big money this offseason too. But Ive been hella impressed with both this season. I think they can take the torch.
    Siakam is still learning. He sort of hit a wall midseason. His efficiency has dipped since teams have been trying to take away his space. I believe he will get there but I'm not sure he is ready to take on that role yet.

“It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Got to give credit to the Celtics. One of those nights for the Raptors.

Ok fair enough. The scenario in my head is nurse drawn up play that leaves a guy open for a 3 buzzer beater.
    On that list, the only guy I would expect to hit that shot more than Lowry would probably be Beal.
    FVV hit some monster 3s to close out the warriors in the finals. He has it in him. If he goes in that mode, I got no probs with Freddy taking that shot. But we dont have a closer really.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Siakam is still learning. He sort of hit a wall midseason. His efficiency has dipped since teams have been trying to take away his space. I believe he will get there but I'm not sure he is ready to take on that role yet.

Ultimatley he has to prove it in the post season anyway. It was his first season as the top option where defences are focused to stop him, so the dip in effeciency is kind of expected.

I honestly didnt even think he was going to take this big of a leap again after winning MIP. Will he ever be that closer? I dont know but Masai banked on him to be that guy.

Saw this loss coming. They haven’t been playing well last couple games.

Giannis is a terrible shooter, he wouldn't even get the last shot on his own team. There is a reason he is surrounded by shooters. Its his one weakness.

But he'll get the ball on the last 5 possessions and go on a 10-0 run by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Giannis is a terrible shooter, he wouldn't even get the last shot on his own team. There is a reason he is surrounded by shooters. Its his one weakness.
    Basically anything he has to do from a stand still.

ngl boucher used to be a meme but he is low key becoming kinda decent.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    ngl boucher used to be a meme but he is low key becoming kinda decent.
    I wonder if he’ll ever get big minutes.
    Is there a major exploitable flaw in his game that I’m missing? He seems like a playmaker to me. Like a young Ibaka who can shoot the 3.

He puts up big numbers in big wins whenever he gets big minutes.

I wonder if he’ll ever get big minutes.
    Is there a major exploitable flaw in his game that I’m missing? He seems like a playmaker to me. Like a young Ibaka who can shoot the 3.

He puts up big numbers in big wins whenever he gets big minutes.
    He's a liability right now because he is reckless, weak and lacks awareness. He could be Masai's next big thing but he needs to get stronger at the very least. He gets bullied by guards. His only saving grace is his length and ironically his lack of awareness makes him fearless (other times reckless). I think he is emerging as a viable back up to Ibaka and Gasol but I don't see him playing big minutes until next year.

I'm kinda worried about Terrence Davis. Kinda seems like he's not apart of the rotation anymore. It could be that Nurse is trying a new look but he is a rookie he needs the experience. I wonder if it is because he did not take well to Masai reprimanding him for his social media comments.

I think Matt Thomas is also going to be huge for us some day. His dribbling is much improved and his shooting off the dribble is just as good as his set shot. Definitely gives me JJ Reddick vibes rather than a static spot up shooter like Green, Korver etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    He's a liability right now because he is reckless, weak and lacks awareness. He could be Masai's next big thing but he needs to get stronger at the very least. He gets bullied by guards. His only saving grace is his length and ironically his lack of awareness makes him fearless (other times reckless). I think he is emerging as a viable back up to Ibaka and Gasol but I don't see him playing big minutes until next year.

I'm kinda worried about Terrence Davis. Kinda seems like he's not apart of the rotation anymore. It could be that Nurse is trying a new look but he is a rookie he needs the experience. I wonder if it is because he did not take well to Masai reprimanding him for his social media comments.

I think Matt Thomas is also going to be huge for us some day. His dribbling is much improved and his shooting off the dribble is just as good as his set shot. Definitely gives me JJ Reddick vibes rather than a static spot up shooter like Green, Korver etc.
    Nurse mentioned TD on the Herd when he was asked about why the Raptors have been so good. I think Nurse will give him meaningful playing time, especially against the Nets who will go small. He's just not getting the opportunities to shoot the ball as much. Hopefully he gets it going.

Last edited by aman_13; 08-14-2020 at 01:14 AM.

Page 72 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast