Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    I actually thought Lavine looked competent on defense last night. Coby is a pesky defender too. He seems to time getting in the way and disrupting plays well. Lauri didnít have his best defensive game. Overall, after a bad 1st game and a half of defense, we settled in a little bit.

Y'all got the defending champs the Raptors on a back to back tonight

Bulls actually have a future Iím excited about. Wild!

I love LaVine man. There are very few guys in the league that can score as easily as he does. Maybe he and Coby can give us a Lillard/CJ type of back court where they handle the scoring load? Who knows. Still this team is fun. Just gotta figure out the defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Bulls actually have a future Iím excited about. Wild!

I love LaVine man. There are very few guys in the league that can score as easily as he does. Maybe he and Coby can give us a Lillard/CJ type of back court where they handle the scoring load? Who knows. Still this team is fun. Just gotta figure out the defense.

They figured it out the 2nd half. They need to play with that urgency the entire game. Less kornet would help too.

Iím worried about the defense. Itís too easy to score on us. I mean I couldnít help but to compare the incompetence of the defense to the bears offense last night. I mean both are unbearably bad to watch. The bulls D did get better the second half.

Now as far as Otto goes. I may need to be talked off the ledge on this one. His play is not only bad but heís already on a minutes restriction at his age and this early in the season. Címon man. And the thing that scares me the most is this is our weakest position as far as depth. Unless Hutch can actually be something or Denzel figures something out we need to make a move at that position. Arch and Shaq are cringe worthy for me on the court especially at the same time. I want to say we may even had them and Kris Dunn on the court at the same time. That cannot happen in a nba game.

Please end the Kornet experience or at least open up the competition for him and Gafford. We need what Gafford bring to the court more than what Kornet brings. I still have optimism for my bulls but those are my concerns. There is some irony bro the way things are going so far with the 3pt shot being a weapon coming into the season after a good preseason and thatís the thing thatís been killing us on both sides of the ball. We canít buy one and teams canít miss vs us. I do believe weíll start knocking some down now only if we can defend them too

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Iíd guess 50% it happens sooner than later. His defense has been bad and he hasnít been shooting it great but itís only been a couple of games. Iíd imagine he gets more time to show something.
    I aporeciate the info. I wasnt able to watch much of him in summer league. Just read some sports highlights.

I'm just glad to see them playing a more modern style of basketball. Everything is either at the rim or behind the 3pt line, and when they're getting the chance to run they do it. LaVine mentioned how the Bulls analytics guys told him to stop taking mid range jumpers and you can really see it in the way he's playing offensively.

Defense is going to be an issue all season IMO. Young roster, only a few good defenders in the rotation, WCJ hasn't shown to be much of a rim protector yet. Get Gafford in there with the 2nd unit and that might help a little bit, but I think they'll struggle to defend all season.

Bulls need rim protection

Wendy supposed to be that guy.

I like the way theyíre playing. Iíd like Lauri to actually take more mid range shots and play in the post more. Heís very effective in the mid range and analytics aside, should focus more there.

Hoping Porter gets out of whatever funk hes in here early. If he starts playing better the starting 5 are really solid. I like White coming off the bench for now. Hes a sparkplug for this 2nd unit. He should get more minutes then Sats but he should be our 6th man atm.

Hope to see Gafford get more playing time and Kornet becomes a situational player.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Hoping Porter gets out of whatever funk hes in here early. If he starts playing better the starting 5 are really solid. I like White coming off the bench for now. Hes a sparkplug for this 2nd unit. He should get more minutes then Sats but he should be our 6th man atm.

Hope to see Gafford get more playing time and Kornet becomes a situational player.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, keep Coby in the bench role but you have to have him out there with LaVine to close out games.

I've been fairly critical of this team and its ceiling. I realistically dont think theres a star they could trade for now or three years from now. That said if they go for it or after it this year, Covington and Wiggins (who i am not a fan of) make sense for defensive purposes. Wolves want out of the Wiggins contract, they'd take Porter back even if he opts into his money next year because its a much shorter deal.

Would you do Porter and our 1st for Wiggins and Covington? I would. Covington would start at SF, be your 3 and D guy while Wiggins would be your 6th man. He and Thad would give us a nice little bench mob. I know its a lot of money for a bench guy but thats how I would run it.

No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lauri missing two FTs smh

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast