Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 91 of 314 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 4703
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Asked what he thought happened to Sanchez in October, Cashman said, “Could be rust. It could be opposing pitchers. It could be all of the above. Sample size. Overall, he had a fantastic season.”

Dear Brian,
    All of the above implies more than 2 things.
    Also, no **** about the pitching. Sanchez can't hit good pitching? Hmmm

And Brian, about having a, "Fantastic season"

34 hr is fantastic.
    77 rbi is not
    a 232 avg and a 318 obp, suck azz
    An 841 OPS is decent

120 ks in 440 PA is abysmal.

40 BB sucks.

Brian, your definition of fantastic is very different from mine

And you're a douche
    *34 HR led all catchers

.318 OBP was 12th best for catchers with close to as many PA as Sanchez (set filter for 350 - Sanchez has 396)

*77 RBI was tied for 2nd among catchers

.841 OPS was 4th best for catchers with close to as many PA as Sanchez (set filter for 350 - Sanchez has 396)

*since these are counting stats they don’t account for missed time - he’d have a bigger lead in HRs and would be first is he played a full season

I get that you don’t like Sanchez but you’re not being fair in this post. I don’t think you appreciate how bad the average catcher is. He’s absolutely one of the elite offensive players at that spot and was this last season.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    *34 HR led all catchers

.318 OBP was 12th best for catchers with close to as many PA as Sanchez (set filter for 350 - Sanchez has 396)

*77 RBI was tied for 2nd among catchers

.841 OPS was 4th best for catchers with close to as many PA as Sanchez (set filter for 350 - Sanchez has 396)

*since these are counting stats they don’t account for missed time - he’d have a bigger lead in HRs and would be first is he played a full season

I get that you don’t like Sanchez but you’re not being fair in this post. I don’t think you appreciate how bad the average catcher is. He’s absolutely one of the elite offensive players at that spot and was this last season.
    I agree that his HR output was fantastic.

I also agree that he is a very good offensive catcher.

I don't think his season was near fantastic. Not if you factor in every aspect along with his sheer laze and foolishness. (Or his K rate and lack of hitting in the clutch.)
    I would love him as a full time DH but that means Stanton needs to go.

My commentary is less about Sanchez and more about Cashman.
    I am a very "glass half full" person. But Cashman is selling some serious BS all over the place, not just Sanchez.

**** off. Where's my title

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Who is this giy you speak of?

[emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He went back and changed it!!!

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I really don't see how they could give Verlander the CY over Cole but I would say he felt it coming with the talk earlier in the yr, through sources close to him that it was very important to him that he was going to be the clear leader of the staff wherever he went next. Which is why I'm not to concerned with the Dodogers, that will be Kershaws rotation till he leaves.

Of the things it has been reported that Cole has said were important to him, wanting to be the clear staff ace, a legit chance to win right away, and loving the big stage I feel like we check those boxes better than anyone else that's rumored to be in on him.

That said it all going to come down to if Hal is going to be willing to pay him what its going to take.

I disagree. Verlander had a better season than Cole...Cole had a tremendous 2nd half with a lot of strikeouts.

Overall, Verlander a lower hits/9, much lower WHIP, lower BB/9....He kept more off of the bases. He had more Wins, but wins mean nothing but just saying for effect. Dig deeper Day, it was close by they got it correct.
    My top 5 Yankee playoff teams

5. 2009

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I disagree. Verlander had a better season than Cole...Cole had a tremendous 2nd half with a lot of strikeouts.

Overall, Verlander a lower hits/9, much lower WHIP, lower BB/9....He kept more off of the bases. He had more Wins, but wins mean nothing but just saying for effect. Dig deeper Day, it was close by they got it correct.
    Cole: 20-5, 2.50 ERA, 0.89 WHIP, 326 strikeouts
    Verlander: 21-6, 2.58 ERA, 0.80 WHIP, 300 strikeouts

Verlander threw two complete games, Cole zero. In 2019, four no-hitters were thrown Verlander pitched one of them. Cole’s K/9 of 13.82 led all of MLB.

Extremely close. Scary to think oppo had to possibly face both in a given series.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Braves got a nice pen piece in Will Smith. 3 years 39 million with a club option for a fourth

Odorizzi and Abreu both accept qualifying offers

I’m
    Surprised these FA aren’t jumping to sign quickly after the last few years of people getting left without a deal.

I wonder if you’ll see more middle of the road players take the QO. Get a nice salary for a year and then can’t get hit with the tag again. Makes you a lot more attractive the following year.

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    I wonder if you’ll see more middle of the road players take the QO. Get a nice salary for a year and then can’t get hit with the tag again. Makes you a lot more attractive the following year.
    Is that true? One year only? Genius move.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Cole: 20-5, 2.50 ERA, 0.89 WHIP, 326 strikeouts
    Verlander: 21-6, 2.58 ERA, 0.80 WHIP, 300 strikeouts

Verlander threw two complete games, Cole zero. In 2019, four no-hitters were thrown Verlander pitched one of them. Cole’s K/9 of 13.82 led all of MLB.

Extremely close. Scary to think oppo had to possibly face both in a given series.
    Even more scary is the Nats won the WS while facing both of them twice and while Houston cheated during the process.
    Makes what Strasburg did even more impressive when Houston batters knew what was coming and he still owned them in both of his starts.

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    Also, Orodizzi won't have to compete with Cole and Strasburg next offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    He went back and changed it!!!

What is this you speak so glibly of????
    THE EMPIRE IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Even more scary is the Nats won the WS while facing both of them twice and while Houston cheated during the process.
    Makes what Strasburg did even more impressive when Houston batters knew what was coming and he still owned them in both of his starts.
    True. Good observation.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Only eight of the 90 players to receive a QO accepted it.