Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 302 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
    Looking at that list, a YUGE **** NO on Ordorizzi.

I don’t care what his breakout numbers look like, Yanks absolutely annihilated him in July.
    THE EMPIRE IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    Hard pass on Strasburg.
    I go ALL-IN on Cole and use Stras as a lower tier fallback.

Stras is leaving 3 guaranteed years at 25 AAV on the table to walk, so you can expect he’s going to want 3-4 more guaranteed yearsom top of these 3 with an additional 3-8 AAV on top of that

Given Strasburg’s IL history and achievement-to-potential ratio, that puts him way too closetoCole money to screw around with.

Sauron says go all-in on the absolute PROVEN best (you know, “verifiable work history” and all that) and settle back on Stras if Cole quickly gets out-of-hand.

Hasn’t Cole underachieved until this year?

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    15-18m is a big chunk. Especially when he’s redundant. Silly. Plus we could have gotten a first round pick.
    I said it before they extended him, Leo. Bringing him back closes the door on Cole or Strasburg. Just read Hal’s statement that mush posted days ago. They got rid of Rothschild and resigned Chap. Now they can say “hey look what all we did”.

Hasn’t Cole underachieved until this year?
    Has phenomenal numbers in ‘15, 18, and 19 with very good numbers in ‘14.

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    I said it before they extended him, Leo. Bringing him back closes the door on Cole or Strasburg. Just read Hal’s statement that mush posted days ago. They got rid of Rothschild and resigned Chap. Now they can say “hey look what all we did”.
    Oh, I agree. Can’t see how they sign a big boy now unless he’s blowing through all budgets.

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Has phenomenal numbers in ‘15, 18, and 19 with very good numbers in ‘14.
    I never watched him pitch a game uNtil the Sox lit him up last year. In fact, I never saw him pitch this year til the playoffs.

So, I’m not at all one of those “trade Stanton” guys and I think it’s entirely unlikely - but I read a snippet somewhere last night while bored at dinner and scrolling through Baseball Twitter that the Dodgers are focused on landing Lindor and if they land Lindor they’d also get Kluber and likely deal Pederson, Verdugo, Lux, May, and Gray for the two and then offer Seager who’s got two years of arb left for Stanton (which is dependent on Stanton waiving his NTC), moving Kike to third and Turner to first.

A) I really like that real for us if we don’t resign Didi - move Seager third, Gleyber and DJLM up the middle and have Andujar and Voit split DH and first

B) Can anyone answer why Kluber keeps getting included in deals with Lindor? Isn’t Kluber’s salary only like $8m?

C) That’d free up money for a run at Cole
    Last edited by DasBoot; 11-03-2019 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    So, I’m not at all one of those “trade Stanton” guys and I think it’s entirely unlikely - but I read a snippet somewhere last night while bored at dinner and scrolling through Baseball Twitter that the Dodgers are focused on landing Lindor and if they land Lindor they’d also get Kluber and likely deal Pederson, Verdugo, Lux, May, and Gray for the two and then offer Seager who’s got two years of arb left for Stanton (which is dependent on Stanton waiving his NTC), moving Kike to third and Turner to first.

A) I really like that real for us if we don’t resign Didi - move Seager third, Gleyber and DJLM up the middle and have Andujar and Voit split DH and first

B) Can anyone answer why Kluber keep getting included in deals with Lindoor? Isn’t Kluber’s salary only like $8m?

C) That’d free up money for a run at Cole
    Kluber is like 18m

Also, Jesus. Imagine that Dodgers lineup and rotation healthy and clicking.

Lindor
    Bellinger
    Turner
    Stanton
    Muncy

Kershaw
    Kluber
    Buehler

Yikes.

Kluber is like 18m
    Yeah, whoops. You’re right. Sportstrac says 17.5 with a 1m buyout for ‘21

Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    Also, Jesus. Imagine that Dodgers lineup and rotation healthy and clicking.

Lindor
    Bellinger
    Turner
    Stanton
    Muncy

Kershaw
    Kluber
    Buehler

Yikes.
    On paper it’s great. In reality it’s a bunch of career playoff chokers.

At 22.5m AAV Stanton is actually pretty cheap for the kind of production he puts up healthy

Right now his trade value is the lowest it's ever been. To move him wed probably have to kick in 20-30 m to get someone just to take him and would get less than we gave up in return. No way do I pay him not to play for us AND not get anything back that improves the MLB team.

If hes healthy next yr and has his normal Stanton yr and they want to move him fine. Now makes no sense, we lose a very productive player when healthy that helps us win NOW. We have to keep a fair chunk of money on the books for him and get nothing of value back that helps us win now.

Unless they get an offer with a decent return that helps us now and they don't have to pay any of his contract I just don't see them doing that this winter

Gerrit Cole recently purchased a home on the Newport Coast, which is where both he and his wife are from.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Gerrit Cole recently purchased a home on the Newport Coast, which is where both he and his wife are from.
    I guess you haven't been back to NY in the winter for a long time Leo. A lot of athletes buy homes in warmer states because they like to spend their offseason somewhere other than a cold climate. I wouldn't read too much into that. CC lived in California in his offseasons for example because he was from there. It comes down to the highest bidder with Cole, much like it does with most FA. If the Yankees pony up the cash, he'll sign. If they low ball him because Cashman is too afraid to pull the trigger (like he has been with a lot of FA SP), then he'll go elsewhere.