Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 175 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    No one is taking Stanton

Why do people want to trade Sanchez? If he doesnít put up insane numbers in the next two years while still catching, heís going to once heís moved to first or DH. Everyone around the league and every former player/analyst says the same thing: heís the Yankees best hitter when heís going right. And they all say the same thing insofar as he reminds them of a cross between Manny and Pujols at the plate. Itís the catching thatís getting in the way because of all the wear and tear and how much of his focus is on the staff.
    Stanton and Sanchez cannot exist together. At some point, one needs to go.

Stanton is a selfish prick who underperforms in the clutch. He is a one trick pony and doesn't have the endurance or health to play LF for a season. He needs to DH.
    Sanchez isn't as bad of a catcher as some think he is but he's a head case, who also folds when things aren't going well. He would be much better at the DH.

To me, one needs to go. Stanton is a ***** and likely won't allow a trade. If he does, the Yankees will need to eat some of the deal. He'll get 25 mil? If I were GM, I would pay 8 a year to get rid of him. I think he's an absolute waste of space. I'm sure he will come back next year and have a wonderful statistical year but he's still a Diva.

If you can't move him, I hope Sanchez has a great year next year and you trade him for an Ace. We have some solid catching prospects. Let's get a guy who played elite D and can actually hit the ball.

I would much rather keep Sanchez for the reasons you state. I do think he can hit but I do think catcher is the wrong spot for a guy his size. There's another guy to try at 1rst. Why not?
    I would 100% try stanton there. If he can do it, you solve a bunch of issues. You open up LF for Talkman or Frazier. You solidify first. You get Sanchez at DH.

**** off. Where's my title

Q: German was 18-4 this year. Sure it's only one year, but why would we want to put him in the bullpen (unless he has a bad start to 2020)? He earns pennies. If Cashman could find a starter who could go 18-4 for pennies, we would trade Frazier and Andujar and more for him. Also, I want to see Monty in Spring Training. And Garcia.

Also, why trade Ottovino? He was great this year and his salary does not break the bank. He had a bad first season during the playoffs, but many great players have had problems during their first years with the Yankees.

When all of the Cashmanís computers finish and after striking out with every opportunity:

Cashman and Halís big Free agent prize will be King Felix!

Hal will say our goal is to always compete for a Championship.....

Letís check Halís and Cashmanís recent track record with WS appearances

2010: struck out
    2011: struckout
    2012: struckout
    2013: struckout
    2014: struckout
    2015: struckout
    2016: struckout
    2017: struckout
    2018: struckout
    2019: struckout
    My top 5 Yankee playoff teams

5. 2009

Iím so bored of people taking out their frustration on Stanton and claiming he didnít give it his all and is a diva. Thatís the exact freaking opposite of what he is. He pushed Boone to put him in the lineup - he had a year full of injuries.

What, are you going to tell me Judge is a diva now too?

We lost. They got the hits when it mattered and our starters couldnít go as long leaving our guys to get gassed.

But yeah, letís blame Giancarlo for being injured.

Aim your frustrations at the Steinbrennerís not at G who - if you listen or read - works his butt off to be on that field.

Man, G put this team on his shoulders last year. Are you kidding?

Third base is secure, imo. You're not going to get another third baseman better than Urshela, and that includes DJ. As for Didi, he walks.

SS and Second belong to Torres and DJ. It's asinine to have DJ play all over the infield and reduce him to 400 abs a season just so we can keep didi around. I can't believe ppl on here, want to reduce the team mvp, a gold glove second basemen and possibly the mvp of the American league into a role player. Ridiculous.

Frazier plays LF. Talkman in center. Hicks should be traded. You can't have a player on your roster, who is missing 3-4 months every season, you just can't. i'll bet anything he misses time next season for some other injury, possibly related to his elbow. Get rid of him now while teams are still fooled into thinking he can remain healthy for them, and it's just a our lousy training staff to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Third base is secure, imo. You're not going to get another third baseman better than Urshela, and that includes DJ. As for Didi, he walks.

SS and Second belong to Torres and DJ. It's asinine to have DJ play all over the infield and reduce him to 400 abs a season just so we can keep didi around. I can't believe ppl on here, want to reduce the team mvp, a gold glove second basemen and possibly the mvp of the American league into a role player. Ridiculous.

Frazier plays LF. Talkman in center. Hicks should be traded. You can't have a player on your roster, who is missing 3-4 months every season, you just can't. i'll bet anything he misses time next season for some other injury, possibly related to his elbow. Get rid of him now while teams are still fooled into thinking he can remain healthy for them, and it's just a our lousy training staff to blame.
    Youíre ready the hand over the reigns to two outfield spots to guys who have never played a full major league season?

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    Youíre ready the hand over the reigns to two outfield spots to guys who have never played a full major league season?
    When has Hicks ever played a full major league season?

Iím so bored of people taking out their frustration on Stanton and claiming he didnít give it his all and is a diva. Thatís the exact freaking opposite of what he is. He pushed Boone to put him in the lineup - he had a year full of injuries.

Stanton is a Diva or Boone is a complete and utter moron. If Stanton "pushed" to play, great. I take back my comment.
    I haven't heard that and if you do hear it, it's from Boone

How'd he do in the playoffs?

People need to check the idea that he put the team on his shoulders last year. He had a good month or so when Judge and Stanton were down. It was the only time he lived up to his hype and his contract. Watch him deteriorate over the next 2-3 years and talk to me about how great he is. I said I can see him come back next year and have a great year. Everyone will sing. Then he will fall off a cliff. It's already starting. Not in skill but in health.

Stanton is in no way the reason this team lost. I don't blame him for that.
    I blame Cashman, Boob and the Brothers.

If stanton was unable to play, either he's a diva or boone is an even bigger imbecile than we thought or both.

I
    We lost. They got the hits when it mattered and our starters couldnít go as long leaving our guys to get gassed.

But yeah, letís blame Giancarlo for being injured.

Aim your frustrations at the Steinbrennerís not at G who - if you listen or read - works his butt off to be on that field.
    You

Exactly!

Where was Judge and his bat in the 9th inning?

5. 2009

28, before you slam Chapman for his so called smiling go back to 2001 and watch Mo walk off the field after he gave up the winning runs in Game 7 of the 2001 WS..

He had the same expression........smiling.

It is called: They were in shock at just what had happened.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 10-21-2019 at 06:12 AM.

5. 2009

16. 10-21-2019, 05:01 AM
    Reason
    Spam

Page 4 of 175 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast