Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 159 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    I'm for keeping Chapman. Last night doesn't change how good he was this year.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I'm for keeping Chapman. Last night doesn't change how good he was this year.
    Keeping Chapman might be the difference between getting an impactful starter or not.

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    Keeping Chapman might be the difference between getting an impactful starter or not.
    Chap shouldn't keep them from pursuing Cole. Just let everyone else walk. CC, Gardner, Didi frees up plenty of money.

However, if it is Chap OR Cole, then obviously you choose Cole.

If Chapman pots out im not sure you give him a mega deal. I might add 1 year but nothing more. Anyway considering Kimbrel got nothing close to what he wanted maybe Chapman wonít **** around

This team needs 2 starters. I donít wanna hear about Jordan Montgomery either. This needs to be like 2009. You know your major weakness now go fix it. 2 ace type pitchers. Whether it be trade or free agency. Iím throwing all kinds of money at cole and madbum. Add another bat and Add a few RP depending how it shakes out.

Cole
    Madbum
    Pax
    Tanaka
    Sevy

Boom that right there wins you a World Series.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Chap shouldn't keep them from pursuing Cole. Just let everyone else walk. CC, Gardner, Didi frees up plenty of money.

However, if it is Chap OR Cole, then obviously you choose Cole.
    Agree 110%. Chapman and Cole are different sides of a similar coin. You need both to make a whole and cash in. If Chapman opts out decision time. He had a good regular season, however fans remember performance under pressure and in big spot. A lot will depend on his ask.

It shouldn't be either or, however if it came to that I agree 28, Cole is the way to go. BP is healthy even without Chapman. Betances return certainly adds dimension.
    ďFarts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.Ē ó Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin

Iím not suggesting you not have both. Thatís an obvious decision despite Chapmanís postseason struggles. Both you have to remember we are talking about money with Hal.

DJ
    Judge
    Hicks
    Gleyber
    Mike
    Talk Man/Frazier
    Gary
    Ford /Miggy
    Gio

Miggy as Main backup swing guy at 1b/3b/DH.

If we did nothing else, this lineup offers some variation and can easily win the AL East.

Pitching additions will win us a title.

Just to piggy back off of your bullet points:

1. The obvious answer is Cole. Iím a little skeptical of Strasburg. Wheeler is probably who they will sign and it will be a mistake. He is not a number 1 pitcher which is what this team desperately needs. No matter how hard they try, it has become obvious that Sevy is not that guy you can give the ball to in a must win game.

2. I say let Didi walk. Yankees have plenty of infield options and they can save that money for pitching help.

3. They can always start extension talks with DJ but it wonít be cheap. He is coming off a career year and was easily our MVP. Easier said than done.

4 and 5. This is probably the most difficult question to answer. The DH, 3B, and 1B. Both of the guys who entered the year as options at 1B were not even on the playoff roster. It will be interesting to see what they do there.

They will not get Cole.....

Strasburg will be the one that they go after...cheaper and keeps us in a lower tax rate.

He had a great year and will look to cash in....

I think they offer Didi the QO to get the draft pick if he signs elsewhere.

I would try to trade these in no particular deal or order: Stanton, Andujar, Sanchez, German, Happ, Bird, Ottavino

Do not resign EE and Gardy.....

I want a New roster.....the 2019 roster failed!
    My top 5 Yankee playoff teams

5. 2009

Well at least we donít have to look far to replace Gardy.....we have one already in waiting....

Jacoby Ellsberry.
    My top 5 Yankee playoff teams

5. 2009

I'd DFA the entire 25 man roster and start over.

Can we please stop with the Stanton trade talks? He isnít going anywhere. Who is going to eat that contract for a guy that played less than 20 games this year?

Can we please stop with the Stanton trade talks? He isnít going anywhere. Who is going to eat that contract for a guy that played less than 20 games this year?
    Are you expressing an opinion or telling people how to think? Asking for a friend.
    ďFarts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.Ē ó Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post

I would try to trade these in no particular deal or order: Stanton, Andujar, Sanchez, German, Happ, Bird, Ottavino
    No one is taking Stanton

Why do people want to trade Sanchez? If he doesnít put up insane numbers in the next two years while still catching, heís going to once heís moved to first or DH. Everyone around the league and every former player/analyst says the same thing: heís the Yankees best hitter when heís going right. And they all say the same thing insofar as he reminds them of a cross between Manny and Pujols at the plate. Itís the catching thatís getting in the way because of all the wear and tear and how much of his focus is on the staff.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    The thing is that Ellsbury and Stanton were redundant, while Cole is redundant to no-one.
    I agree with you 100 percent.

Page 3 of 159 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast