Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 223 of 304 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 4551
    Phoba help me understand something. Uve stated many time how much u like Garcia and basically would only move him in a blockbuster.

While his stuff is amazing, im extremely concerned with his size and build. Its so rare that a guy with his kinda slight build makes a successful starter, in my memory Pedro was the last one. What gives u the confidence that he's going to be able to handle. 160 innings plus when he gassed out around 100 this yr. I want to be wrong but i just dont see it and its not like he's the only elite ceiling pitcher we have coming soon.

While Garcia is a top 25 spec since he has so much value right now and could bring back a hell of a return, taking into factor all the other starting pitching we have, u still think he could be that special. U would rather take a chance at him being a reliever rather than capitalize on his value to get something we could really use this yr like a solid LHed bat

Im asking u because i haven't seen an explanation from anyone that changed my mind slightly and there's not many more knowledgeable guys on specs than u

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    He's no Jonathan Holder
    True

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Oh God. Leos dupe is back.

:eyeroll:

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Id be your dupe, but you are not always right.

Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    Id be your dupe, but you are not always right.
    I already have a dupe. But thanks.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    I wonder who has more value in a trade, Andujar or Urshela. I get that Urshela is more competent with the glove, but personally I like Andujar much better and having that bat at third is fantastic.

If I could get Hader for Urshela I would do that in a second. Clearly the Yanks value Urshela more, so I would imagine the market would as well.
    Urshela is four years older and not as good a hitter as Andujar. Im also not sure I trust him to repeat his offensive output from last year. Im surprised its not talked about more. In terms of value the Yankees have a ton of RH DH type sticks so the defense is favored at 3B. However, the rest of the MLB would favor Andujar over Urshela easily. He could not fetch us Hader by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I already have a dupe. But thanks.

Lets just see how it goes.
    Last edited by Thump; 12-15-2019 at 01:45 AM.

I wonder who has more value in a trade, Andujar or Urshela. I get that Urshela is more competent with the glove, but personally I like Andujar much better and having that bat at third is fantastic.

If I could get Hader for Urshela I would do that in a second. Clearly the Yanks value Urshela more, so I would imagine the market would as well.
    that might seem like a no brainer, but the yankees need Urshelas glove and bat more than they need another set up guy. Hader is top tier but he isnt infallible. He gives up home runs at an alarming rate. Why give up anything when you can just pay Dellin? Honestly, it just doesn't make sense. As for trade value, i think i'd have to go with Urshela. Andujar is literally a man without a position. He's younger and may have a special bat, but teams are going take into consideration that he's never played any other position but third, and he stinks there.
    Aside from all that, I'm excited to see Andujar hit again. i'm hoping they can find him enough ABs at first, left, right and dh.

We have a problem folks. No left handed hitters in the lineups. Tauch and Gardy.

How about getting Chris Davis to play 1st base? He needs a change of scenery and the Os would love to move him.

Have the Os pay 3/4 of his salary and we send back a decent spec and see what he can do feasting on the short porch.

He would be the big scary hairy lefty that Cashman loves.
    My top 5 Yankee playoff teams

5. 2009

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    We have a problem folks. No left handed hitters in the lineups. Tauch and Gardy.

How about getting Chris Davis to play 1st base? He needs a change of scenery and the Os would love to move him.

Have the Os pay 3/4 of his salary and we send back a decent spec and see what he can do feasting on the short porch.

Awful suggestion. Davis turns 34 in March and is owed 23 million a year for 3 years. $42 million of his entire contract is deferred from 2032-2037. Performance wise over the last four years he is averaging a robust .170 average with an easy 200ks. He escaped striking out that much this past season by seeing his playing time slashed due to a fight with his manager in the dugout. He is not scary, he is probably the worst player in the sport. 69 million and a prospect for a chance he might have a good year in his age 34 season and hit .200? And we bailout the Orioles in our own division? Gawd!

Honestly, I do not think you could have picked a worse trade target.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post

GREAT idea. We don't have enough K's. He'd fit right in!
    Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.---- James Baldwin

I dont know necessarily that the Yankees value Urshela more. Its kind of just a roster composition. Andujar was so bad on defense. He was great with the bat but the stats had him basically wiping out half his offensive value with poor defense. Hes simply not a viable option at third. He needs a new position. Hed be a more valuable player as a DH than he is as a third baseman. But honestly some teams are just so desperate for offense theyd deal with the defense. Were not such a team.

With Urshela there have to be huge concerns last year was a fluke based on how he hit prior. But its not really a concern defensively. He plays a great third base and that seems constant. So the bat doesnt necessarily need to be there. According to OPS+ he was 33% above league average as a hitter. According to wRC+ he was 32% better. With good defense, even if he dropped to a little below league average as a hitter hed still be good enough to start at 3B. Its probably optimistic to assume he can keep up last year but knowing he can basically lose a third of his offensive production and still be good enough to start and hit 9th is a good security blanket.

But that stability isnt what plays on trades for stars. Teams are looking for the upside. So theyd rather have Andujars bat and try to work with him on defense. If Andujar can just find a position - third base or other - where hes not even average but at least not dreadful then hes probably going to be an all star.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    That is disturbingly hilarious.
    I wonder if Meredith is aroused when she sees that picture?

**** off. Where's my title

Its funny that so many want e LHed bat but its ok for the Yanks not signing Didi to a one yr deal IMO that was a mistake and it wouldn't surprise me by the trade deadline they be looking for a LH hitting middle infielder

Andujar had a 4.5 WAR batvas a 23 yr old rookie. It also not had to see 10-15 of the 54 doubles he hits into hrs. I really dont think it unrealistic that he hit 290, 35hr 100 rbi in the near future. If your just looking at the bat those are all star numbers. He with as bad as his defense at 3rd i wouldn't move him unless i got absolutely blown away. His bat fits this lineup very very well and if he could rotate between 1st,LF/ DH he be a huge asset to us. I would at minimum wait to move him after he renews his value and hopefully a position he can be close to league average at

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I wonder if Meredith is aroused when she sees that picture?
    Talk about disturbing. Meredith the Man sure is. Her voice and twisted mouth and run on sentences make me looney!

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Its funny that so many want e LHed bat but its ok for the Yanks not signing Didi to a one yr deal IMO that was a mistake and it wouldn't surprise me by the trade deadline they be looking for a LH hitting middle infielder

Andujar had a 4.5 WAR batvas a 23 yr old rookie. It also not had to see 10-15 of the 54 doubles he hits into hrs. I really dont think it unrealistic that he hit 290, 35hr 100 rbi in the near future. If your just looking at the bat those are all star numbers. He with as bad as his defense at 3rd i wouldn't move him unless i got absolutely blown away. His bat fits this lineup very very well and if he could rotate between 1st,LF/ DH he be a huge asset to us. I would at minimum wait to move him after he renews his value and hopefully a position he can be close to league average at
    No question Yanks need LH bat. I think Didi was just getting too expensive. Torres was a low cost and effective alternative. Imo Hal rationalized the Cole move by allowing Didi to walk.

As we have discussed, Andujars bat is special. Imo I'd rather see him at 1B or DH than in the OF. I'd prefer DH but realize that spot needs to be kept flexible for Stanton, Ford, Frazier et al. His bat will be a welcome addition.
    Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.---- James Baldwin