Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 175 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    The more I hear Buck ....the more I want him to be our Manager. That guy is a genius mind.
    I think he is what this team needs honestly. But there is a fat chance Boone gets fired.

Off season is almost as much fun as the regular season for fans.

I meant on the Stanton deal. Not the loss.
    Easily Jeter.

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    Easily Jeter.
    Itís close. But unloading 300m was one heck of a move In hindsight , even though heís a moron fir making the deals he made.

I think he is what this team needs honestly. But there is a fat chance Boone gets fired.
    Boone should make Buck his bench coach. Like Zimmer was.

Boone should make Buck his bench coach. Like Zimmer was.
    Zero chance of that happening either. I think you have two totally different minds there.

Zero chance of that happening either. I think you have two totally different minds there.
    Sadly true. But Torre and Zimmer were complete opposites too.

Bullpen:

Iíd let Chap walk and trade Otto.

We can easily do well with

Kahnle
    Green
    Lasagna
    German
    Cessa (i think he can be a great 7-8 guy)
    Britton

Bullpen:

Iíd let Chap walk and trade Otto.

We can easily do well with

Kahnle
    Green
    Lasagna
    German
    Cessa (i think he can be a great 7-8 guy)
    Britton
    I agree on letting Chapman walk. Before last night, I would have said there was a very good chance he opts out. Now Iím not so sure.

I canít believe Iím saying this but I disagree with Otto. Iím not so sure trading him would be easy anyway.

I also wonder if Dellin will come back on a one year deal. If so, I would take that and leave the bullpen alone.

You have to wonder what the plan is with guys like Cessa, Lasange, Montgomery, etc. That also factors into the rotation as well.

I agree on letting Chapman walk. Before last night, I would have said there was a very good chance he opts out. Now Iím not so sure.

I canít believe Iím saying this but I disagree with Otto. Iím not so sure trading him would be easy anyway.

I also wonder if Dellin will come back on a one year deal. If so, I would take that and leave the bullpen alone.

You have to wonder what the plan is with guys like Cessa, Lasange, Montgomery, etc. That also factors into the rotation as well.
    I figured Otto was cheap and easy to trade.

I think Lasagna has a killer arm and is a perfect late inning guy once he learns command.

Cessa is also a great arm to utilize with regular work. He really stepped up w 4 shutout innings this series.

Monty needs to be the Cortes guy or traded. Heís never going to be top notch.

Rotation should look like this next year:

1. Cole
    2. Severino
    3. Paxton
    4. Tanaka
    5. German

What it will probably look like:

1. Severino
    2. Tanaka
    3. Wheeler
    4. Paxton
    5. German

Rotation should look like this next year:

1. Cole
    2. Severino
    3. Paxton
    4. Tanaka
    5. German

What it will probably look like:

1. Severino
    2. Tanaka
    3. Wheeler
    4. Paxton
    5. German
    Iíd like German in the pen. And sign two starters.

Iíd like German in the pen. And sign two starters.
    I completely agree but the chances of Hal and cash signing two impactful starters is about as likely as Boone being shown the door.

No to trading Otto. Absolutely no. If Chappy opts out maybe let him walk. Iím probably one of the only people on here who will defend Boone. The team loves him and he gets the best from his guys and with what heís got. A lot of these decisions are from the analytics guys in up in the box and in the tunnel. The only decisions I had a real issue with were taking Masa out with only 63(?) pitches and not batting Gleyber third the entire series.

****** no on signing Wheeler.

Guys, we out-hit them and out-pitched them. The differences were they had two old-school starters who went deep, our guys were gassed, they didnít play sloppy, and they got hits when it mattered/capitalized on mistakes.

It is extremely clear we need a gunslinging ace until Sevy proves heís that guy. That would be Cole but I can almost promise you we wonít sign him. James showed he can be great and if he stays healthy (big if) can be in the conversation for a cy young.

We also need to figure out what to do with our glut of corner outfield/1b/DH types. What are we getting from Miggy and Voit next year? Stanton? Frazier? I can almost promise you Gary has - at most - two years left behind the plate before Siegler (heís projected to be like a switch hitting Rus apparently, thatís if he hits his potential) is ready and/or the team realizes heís too valuable as a hitter and the wear and tear of catching his holding him back.

What about Didi? Is Gio for real, can we definitively say that?

Wtf are we going to do with Happ and his contract if Boone canít even trust him to go through a lineup once?

I donít see much possibility for improvement except with getting Cole.

Not even going to speculate on trades except with Boyd. For some reason Iím convinced Cash is going to gravitate towards making a deal for him at the meetings.

I meant on the Stanton deal. Not the loss.
    Oh. Neither. I still think the trade was a steal. Not like we gave up anyone significant to get the NL MVP from the year before. Also, Miami is at least paying a fair amount of his deal. Last year when healthy he hit 38 HRs. If he stays healthy next year I'd fully expect him to hit 40+ with ease.

Page 2 of 175 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast