Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 159 of 301 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 4510
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I had thought the same thing when I saw it this morning, lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    This is funny. What were u wearing while thinking of me......thatís whatís really important...
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

I mean....it appears to be true though......theyíve told everyone else to F off until they get Cole or not.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

My source is saying its not nearly as done as Yanks would like to believe. That said he said the Yanks are pushing very very hard to get it done asap and could be done by the end of the winter meeting. He also said cost won't be the issue, they are ready to pretty much spend whatever.
    He said the price they are willing to go to to get him will shock people and it was Hal that set the price. Apparently Hal is pushing for Cole harder than anyone..... he said that the feeling inside the org is we are the clear front runners and the reason they are pushing so hard right now to get a deal done asap is an attempt to limit Borass b.s. and games. He didn't exactly say there was a clock on the offer but they weren't going to leave a huge offer on the table for a month plus for Borass to shop 9 ways from Sunday. Especially when they plan on making other significant moves.

The deal with Gardy is a hand shake deal and is done. The Yanks just told him they'd take care of it after they have a definitive decision on Cole.
    He also said that even if they get Cole if deals make sense they arent done shopping. The brass has decided there window is now and they could be looking to load up

I asked about the possibility of Lindor. He said Cleveland was looking for hitting not pitching and unless the Yanks made Dominguez available, which he said won't happen for only 2guaranteed yr of Lindor a deal was unlikely.

He did say they weren't thrilled with the middle infield situation and they very much like the option of being able to move DJ around and they arent thrilled with the idea of Wade/Eestrada being the backup SS and having to play lots of games if Torres went down with an injury

He said to look for Frazier to be moved for a similarly talented young player that could really benefit from a change of scenery or for a high leverage reliever
    Take it for whatever its worth, i could get none of it confirmed by KJ. His maids said he was unavailable for comment

Dayners in your opinion what gets the convo started on Lindor? Frazier, Andujar, Ford/Voit, Volpe and Florial to begin? Or are they looking for more seasoned MLB talent?

Imo it's moot, primarily because Torres will likely move to SS and DJ to 2B, at least thats how I imagine it works out.
    ďFarts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.Ē ó Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    This is funny. What were u wearing while thinking of me......thatís whatís really important...
    Comfy clothes.

7. 12-07-2019, 11:43 PM

Talking Lindor..

I just donít see the team looking for a megabucks position player, if we spend on pitching. That would mean at least one of Judge, Sanchez, or Torres are gone. Or we salary dump Stanton.

Regarding Gardner, (it would never happen, but ) instead of one contract for 2 yrs $16 million, the Yankees should sign him to two contracts for a total of 10 year $20 million, One contract for 2 yrs $8 million as a player and another for 8 yrs $8 million for personal services as a spring training and roving OF instructor. This way he gets the money and gets to stay in the Yankees organization for as long as he wants

Day, has your buddy mentioned anything about all the injuries this year? Do the yanks see them as a fluke or part of a bigger conditioning problem? Any plans to try to fix it, etc?

Haven't talked to him in a while about that. Last time i did he said because there were so many soft tissue injuries they felt it was something that was a training issue and very poor communication between departments. He said Cash ordered a deep analysis of the whole department and brought in outside opinions. Last he said anything about it was he expected big changes in those departments. Iknow he said team officials were far more concerned with the injuries during rehab and the many incomplete or misdiagnosis than the initial injuries

Even with Cole thereís still talk on Didi, Betances and Romine coming back if the price is right.

For Betances letís say thatís $7M.
    For Didi letís say thatís $10M.
    For Romine letís say thatís $3M.

Thatís a combined $20M. Lindor is projected to get $16.7M through arbitration.

Heíd take Didiís spot so thatís $10M. To get Lindor itís an easy call to save the $3M and go with Higgy as a backup catcher.

So you just made $13M of the cost right there. If money is really that tight, get a cheaper reliever than Betances. That incremental $4M is better spent on the MVP caliber shortstop than a reliever if it really comes down to an either-or.

If we do land Cole, and hopefully heís healthy with Paxton, Tanaka, Sevy come playoff time, then on paper we have an amazing rotation. It also allows German to go to the playoff bullpen which should hopefully compensate for any weakness there.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Talking Lindor..

I just donít see the team looking for a megabucks position player, if we spend on pitching. That would mean at least one of Judge, Sanchez, or Torres are gone. Or we salary dump Stanton.
    Nor do I. Just entertainment as the winter meetings get started. His name (Lindor) has been mentioned more than once here at PSD. As I have maintained, once DJ came on board only a matter of time before Didi is allowed to walk and Torres moves over.

Imo it would be in Clevelands' best interest to move him now while he still has two years of control. Otherwise he walks, chances are they can't afford to keep him. Makes sense to capitalize if possible and maximize return. Can't let him just walk for free, too valuable.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin

Morning Coffee w my agency buddy:

Heís crowing about the Porcello news I told yíall a few weeks ago. He wants NY and the Yanks are giving him (and everyone) the stiff arm til Cole decides. Hence, Porcello is engaging the Mets.

He also said Philly is the most active by far and they are going hard for Rendon, Dellin and Dizzle.

The only other thing he told me of note was that Joe has a handshake w Slappy too if the Yanks balk.

Nothing else on Yanks.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Nor do I. Just entertainment as the winter meetings get started. His name (Lindor) has been mentioned more than once here at PSD. As I have maintained, once DJ came on board only a matter of time before Didi is allowed to walk and Torres moves over.

Imo it would be in Clevelands' best interest to move him now while he still has two years of control. Otherwise he walks, chances are they can't afford to keep him. Makes sense to capitalize if possible and maximize return. Can't let him just walk for free, too valuable.
    I donít even think itís that they canít or wonít pay him. He hasnít had any interest in an extension. Whether thatís because he just doesnít want to extend, or that he doesnít want to stay there, who knows.

They have to deal him, just donít see how itís to us

UNLESS..hot take here, but maybe FO doesnít feel that one or both of Judge/Sanchez arenít worth the megabucks they are going to ask for. In which case, spend the money on a ridiculous SS/2B combo of Torres and Lindor. Round out the infield with Gio and DJ. Keep Romine.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I donít even think itís that they canít or wonít pay him. He hasnít had any interest in an extension. Whether thatís because he just doesnít want to extend, or that he doesnít want to stay there, who knows.

They have to deal him, just donít see how itís to us

UNLESS..hot take here, but maybe FO doesnít feel that one or both of Judge/Sanchez arenít worth the megabucks they are going to ask for. In which case, spend the money on a ridiculous SS/2B combo of Torres and Lindor. Round out the infield with Gio and DJ. Keep Romine.
    Yep, Cleveland reportedly offered Francisco Lindor a contract extension back before the 2017 season. While some rumors said it was around $100 million, Lindor had no interest in signing the deal. Imo he has his eye on a mega deal, probably in excess of $300M and 8yrs+. I agree as mentioned earlier, Cleveland has to try to maximise the return. Thay are forced to trade him, lousy position.